Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:22:02 PM

Just added CastXMR (v1.109a)
So you can mine Monero, Electroneum, Sumo with up to 2000 Hash/s on Radeon Vega GPUs.
Happy mining!  Smiley

Keep em coming!
You asked for it, so here is another one...

NeoScrypt is being added to WinMiner - VIVO and HAL are now live for beta users..
Panto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:50:42 PM

Neoscrypt is usually what nicehash keeps running so this is very welcoming news.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:31:42 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 07:59:13 AM by Cyan_Antares

Neoscrypt is usually what nicehash keeps running so this is very welcoming news.
Neoscrypt, Daggerhashimoto, Nist5....

When I use CastXMR the new version shows the mining speed of the first GPU but all other 5 below just show 3 arrows and the message (See above) all the time. Is that the intended behaviour?

Many thanks for this new version! Great stuff.
Lexdeath

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

Any chance you guys are working on an altcoin ASIC capability?  I ask because I run my card systems half on NiceHash and half on WinMiner, but I am very limited to where I can run my Baikal Giant X10s and Bs.
Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:22:16 PM

Just added Payeer to our wide list of payout methods.

Enjoy!! Smiley

Thanks for the effort!
Are there any plans to add Amazon Gift Cards for other than US store (amazon.co.uk for UK, amazon.de for Germany and so on?)
Amazon.com helps only US-based customers of WinMiner...
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

Neoscrypt, Daggerhashimoto, Nist5....
When I use CastXMR the new version shows the mining speed of the first GPU but all other 5 below just show 3 arrows and the message (See above) all the time. Is that the intended behaviour?
Many thanks for this new version! Great stuff.
Thanks for reporting this - it should be fixed by now. Let us know if it is resolved on your end as well.

Thank you for your support!!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

Any chance you guys are working on an altcoin ASIC capability?  I ask because I run my card systems half on NiceHash and half on WinMiner, but I am very limited to where I can run my Baikal Giant X10s and Bs.
It's definitely on the roadmap...though we are not quiet there yet.. Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Coin added -

CrowdCoin (CRC) [NeoScrypt] can now be mined by WinMiner beta users
Turat

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:32:55 PM

Hi, first time posting here. Just wanted to ask if the email I sent to support the other day was received regarding the error report of UI and GPU usage.
My GPU seems to still be in use and temp doesn't go down even if Winminer says it's on Idle.
Here's the Incident ID: ec26bb76-9eb5-4d42-ad59-9dd92e243e5c
Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:35 PM

Just added Payeer to our wide list of payout methods.

Enjoy!! Smiley

In case anyone has actually used both payout methods, how does Payeer compare to Paypal when it comes to fees for example?
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:47:36 AM

I had been working with support on two annoying issues. Specifically:

- the one where WinMiner would suddenly "forget" all its settings and need to be setup again with email address, etc.

- the idle issue, where the GPU would just switch to idle for no apparent reason, and stay that way until the machine was rebooted and WinMiner restarted.

At first support was very prompt, receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in fixing the issues. However I now haven't heard back from them in a week after sending multiple log files showing the problem. I'm starting to think they are ghosting me, or are just unwilling or unable to fix them. I need to decide if I want to stick it out, or just move along to Nicehash...

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm if they are also seeing these issues with v1.109? I'd really like to know if it is common or just me. Thanks!
roadpizza

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:06:15 AM

Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?

yes i tried but winminer would not stay running for the whole day kept crashing on me. or it sometimes would just stop mining for no reason which is why i stopped using it. b ut when it was running it said it was making about the smae as nicehash.
CutterKin

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:12:09 AM

Hi, first time posting here. Just wanted to ask if the email I sent to support the other day was received regarding the error report of UI and GPU usage.
My GPU seems to still be in use and temp doesn't go down even if Winminer says it's on Idle.
Here's the Incident ID: ec26bb76-9eb5-4d42-ad59-9dd92e243e5c

I can't tell you if WinMiner got your email, but I can tell you that they are aware of this problem because I have been pestering them about the same thing for a couple weeks now. I am hoping it gets resolved soon, but I have not heard back from them recently. Either they are working hard on it or they are ignoring me :-)
roadpizza

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:15:34 AM

- the one where WinMiner would suddenly "forget" all its settings and need to be setup again with email address, etc.

- the idle issue, where the GPU would just switch to idle for no apparent reason, and stay that way until the machine was rebooted and WinMiner restarted.

At first support was very prompt, receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in fixing the issues. However I now haven't heard back from them in a week after sending multiple log files showing the problem. I'm starting to think they are ghosting me, or are just unwilling or unable to fix them. I need to decide if I want to stick it out, or just move along to Nicehash...

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm if they are also seeing these issues with v1.109? I'd really like to know if it is common or just me. Thanks!

dont feel bad because i had both the excat same problems and emailed them and never even heard back once. i dont know if it still happens because i stopeed using it untl they fix it but i really liked the paypal and would like to try again
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:37:30 AM

the iddle issue is very very easy to fix. Just use Manual mode and Start and Stop WinMiner whenever you want. Then you also have Farm Mode, but maybe that's not what you want.

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version, most probably. It happened to me when I used the Portable version, but never ever using the installed version.

Best regards!
CutterKin

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:07:56 AM

the iddle issue is very very easy to fix. Just use Manual mode and Start and Stop WinMiner whenever you want. Then you also have Farm Mode, but maybe that's not what you want.

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version, most probably. It happened to me when I used the Portable version, but never ever using the installed version.

Best regards!

Thanks for the info about portable mode. I will try the full version on one of my machines to see if that fixes it.

As far as the idle issue, starting and stopping doesn't solve the problem. If I start my machine, then don't check on it until the next day, it is very frustrating to discover that it decided to stop mining on its own 15 minutes later and I lost 23 hours 45 minutes of mining time. Much worse, as another poster mentioned earlier, is that the GPU is often still cranking away full speed and using my electricity while WinMiner reports it is "idle" and earning zero.
Turat

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

The GPU issue happened to me even with the Setup version and Manual mode on.
Restarting the PC seems to at least stop the GPU if you uncheck the GPUs before it has the chance to start mining. The CPU doesn't seem to have problems but the GPUs just benchmarks a bit and then will stay on "idle" even though I can hear and feel it running.
Hope to at least hear from the team that they're addressing the issue, but hopefully they're collecting the data from our logs to solve this.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:11:02 PM

I am hoping it gets resolved soon, but I have not heard back from them recently. Either they are working hard on it or they are ignoring me :-)
Definitely not ignoring you, on the contrary, we said we are committed to resolve the issues you reported and are working at it  Smiley
We have already fixed the first two issues you reported.
Re the “forget” issue – it was also fixed, but apparently not fully fixed for the portable version. Will be fixed in the next release.
The “Idle” issue – is currently being analyzed by Devteam. We will nail it down and fix it as well.

emailed them and never even heard back once.
Sorry for that, please email support again and mention your nick on this forum so we can see what went wrong with your email. We will do our best to fix asap so you can keep enjoying PayPal.. Smiley

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version
You are right on! Issue was fixed for the installed version and apparently not fully solved for portable. We have fully fixed it in the version update coming out very soon.
Thank you for helping others! Much appreciated!

Hope to at least hear from the team that they're addressing the issue, but hopefully they're collecting the data from our logs to solve this.
Absolutely! Devteam are analyzing your data and will respond to your email shortly.
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:40:56 PM

Restarting the PC seems to at least stop the GPU if you uncheck the GPUs before it has the chance to start mining. The CPU doesn't seem to have problems but the GPUs just benchmarks a bit and then will stay on "idle" even though I can hear and feel it running.
I found a similar issue although not related to WinMiner, I think? Mostly an issue with the miner. I decided to mine Ethereum Classic on my desktop computer with a RX 570 and 2 1060 3GB, but while the RX 570 mined Ethereum Classic just fine, the 1060 3GB GPUs didnt, WinMiner even downloaded several miners but eventually gave up and the GPUs remained actually idle, without mining.

Is it because of the amount of memory of my 1060 3GB cards? I wonder

TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:09:31 AM

I found a similar issue although not related to WinMiner, I think? Mostly an issue with the miner. I decided to mine Ethereum Classic on my desktop computer with a RX 570 and 2 1060 3GB, but while the RX 570 mined Ethereum Classic just fine, the 1060 3GB GPUs didnt, WinMiner even downloaded several miners but eventually gave up and the GPUs remained actually idle, without mining.

Is it because of the amount of memory of my 1060 3GB cards? I wonder
DAG size for ETC is 2.53GB which theoretically should make the 1060 3GB sufficient, however, if additional GPU memory allocation is required (e.g. by the OS) it just may push it over the limit.
Perhaps you want to try using the low intensity DAG (it is a checkbox in the miner settings) option in WinMiner. Cant say for sure that it will do the magic but it just might be the extra push to make it work... 

When in "all coins" mode WinMiner will automatically avoid coins that can not be mined by the available hardware, and go for the right coin at any given time that is mineable by the available hardware.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: