Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101106 times)
lkelemen

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:11:33 PM

@TeamWinMiner: Is mining ETN optimized well for the CPU?

When I mine ETN in a pool with xmr-stak, it says 320 H/s for the CPU. Winminer uses ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU according to the jobdecision in settings and it says there 295 h/s.

Another question why winminer says 261 h/s in the mainwindow mining ETN on CPU?

thanks
Lajos
Turat

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:59:18 PM

Hi. Just wanted to update on the GPU issue that was talked about here earlier. TeamWinminer support emailed me on the matter and said that it was actually just an outdated GPU driver issue. So if you're having the same problem, try updating your GPU drivers and clear benchmark in Winminer then try it out.

Kudos to them on getting to the root of the issue and helping me out.  Cheesy
Hope it works for the others as well.
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

@TeamWinMiner

Two quick questions -

First, should we continue to send you error reports of the idle issue or do you have enough data already? On two of my 1070 systems I could send you new reports literally 10 or more times each day (since that is about how often it happens on those systems) but I don't know if that would be helpful or just pester you.

2nd, is there a way or a link to grab the most recent beta? Lately just checking "allow beta" in the options doesn't seem to trigger it for me, but I like to keep a current beta copy handy for testing.

Thanks!
CutterKin

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:23:53 PM

The GPU issue happened to me even with the Setup version and Manual mode on.
Restarting the PC seems to at least stop the GPU if you uncheck the GPUs before it has the chance to start mining. The CPU doesn't seem to have problems but the GPUs just benchmarks a bit and then will stay on "idle" even though I can hear and feel it running.
Hope to at least hear from the team that they're addressing the issue, but hopefully they're collecting the data from our logs to solve this.
I found a similar issue although not related to WinMiner, I think? Mostly an issue with the miner. I decided to mine Ethereum Classic on my desktop computer with a RX 570 and 2 1060 3GB, but while the RX 570 mined Ethereum Classic just fine, the 1060 3GB GPUs didnt, WinMiner even downloaded several miners but eventually gave up and the GPUs remained actually idle, without mining.

Is it because of the amount of memory of my 1060 3GB cards? I wonder

Although I did see the same problem you are describing with earlier versions, I have not seen it happen to me with 1.109 yet. However I don't think the AI that decides if a card is appropriate to use with a particular miner or not is fully tweaked yet... I still see WinMiner try to mine with some very unsuitable cards, like a GeForce 8400 GS or even integrated nVidia chipset video. I'm sure they will get it perfected once they gather enough feedback.
Surgut2006

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:56:13 AM

Users of Nvidia cards use your service is meaningless. I start mining at 1080ti, and I include the ETN with a return of about $ 1.5
CutterKin

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:15:27 AM

Users of Nvidia cards use your service is meaningless. I start mining at 1080ti, and I include the ETN with a return of about $ 1.5

Give it a bit more time. During the benchmarking stage it will sometimes pick incorrect coins to mine. It will "learn" by trial and error.  Let it run for at least a full day or two, then see what it reports.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:46:46 AM

When I mine ETN in a pool with xmr-stak, it says 320 H/s for the CPU. Winminer uses ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU according to the jobdecision in settings and it says there 295 h/s.
thanks
Lajos
WinMiner supports xmr-stak as well. You are welcome to use it if it works better for you.
Jobdecision data - is derived from the benchmark results. That means that at the time of running the benchmark check your machine did 295h/s for that coin.
Live dashboard data - shows the real time hash rate being generated by your machine.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:56:52 AM

@TeamWinMiner
Two quick questions -
First, should we continue to send you error reports of the idle issue or do you have enough data already? On two of my 1070 systems I could send you new reports literally 10 or more times each day (since that is about how often it happens on those systems) but I don't know if that would be helpful or just pester you.
2nd, is there a way or a link to grab the most recent beta? Lately just checking "allow beta" in the options doesn't seem to trigger it for me, but I like to keep a current beta copy handy for testing.
Thanks!
We have analyzed the logs you have sent and responded to you on Feb 13. Will ask support to resend the email to you again. Take a look, try the suggested actions and let us know if issue is resolved.
Re the beta checkbox - we will check this, since it should auto update beta versions when the checkbox is selected. In the meantime, if you check the beta testers box, then fully exit WinMiner and run it again it should definitely fetch the latest beta. 
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:37:16 AM

Please send us log file (Help > Send Error Report; and write your nick name on this forum in the comments section).

We will quickly take a look and get back to you.
CutterKin

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:55:18 PM

@TeamWinMiner
Two quick questions -
Thanks!
We have analyzed the logs you have sent and responded to you on Feb 13. Will ask support to resend the email to you again. Take a look, try the suggested actions and let us know if issue is resolved.
Re the beta checkbox - we will check this, since it should auto update beta versions when the checkbox is selected. In the meantime, if you check the beta testers box, then fully exit WinMiner and run it again it should definitely fetch the latest beta. 

Support's suggestion wasn't the issue, so I just send them a detailed reply.

And I have tried that checkbox of course, on multiple systems, two OS's, with both fresh WinMiner installs and ones that have been running for a while. Nothing will trigger the beta download for me. Perhaps this is another issue only with the portable version? It is all I use.
lkelemen

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:52:12 PM

thanks
Lajos
WinMiner supports xmr-stak as well. You are welcome to use it if it works better for you.
Jobdecision data - is derived from the benchmark results. That means that at the time of running the benchmark check your machine did 295h/s for that coin.
Live dashboard data - shows the real time hash rate being generated by your machine.

I' d like to have winminer to make the decision about the most profitable coin and choose the best miner software for that purpose. I just didn't see that working well but if you say I should do a new benchmarking then I'll try that. thanks
CutterKin

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:44:47 PM

I am still unable to get the beta to download...

I have tried both the full installer and the portable, v1.109.6610.32531, fresh installs and updated, on multiple machines, multiple OS's, and from multiple IP's. Nothing will trigger the beta to download.

Either I am crazy or it is a bug...
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:00:38 PM

The payout could be a little bit higher. Just 5.8$ a day for 100 MH/s in ETH is a little bit low in my opinion.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:56:55 AM

I am still unable to get the beta to download...
I have tried both the full installer and the portable, v1.109.6610.32531, fresh installs and updated, on multiple machines, multiple OS's, and from multiple IP's. Nothing will trigger the beta to download.
Either I am crazy or it is a bug...
At the moment there is no newer regular or beta version, though beta users get to mine additional coins (which are in testing right now) e.g.  CRC, VIVO.
So if you see those coins listed on the coins settings window then you are getting the beta features.
(Having said that, we are still looking into the issues you have reported and will reach out to you shortly with suggested next steps) 

Heads up - a new version release is around the corner with mkxminer integrated, supporting lyra2v2 for AMDs
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:06:59 PM

Can you add phoenixminer (ETH) ? Much better than claymore.

Also, can we just use a BTC wallet or would I have to open a wallet for every kind of coin I want to mine ?
Gradius

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:48:45 PM

I have to say that I've really been enjoying this mining tool. I know that there are comments about the payouts, etc. being a little lower than normal, but I feel like I'm paying for a lot of convenience. I've got Winminer running on several mining rigs atm and it allows some remote management tools that otherwise I wouldn't have, without paying for them. At this point, I can almost fully remotely manage my mining 'operation' and if that comes at the cost of a slightly (and honestly I do mean slightly) lower payout than alternatives, I'm OK with that.

Today was my first time experiencing the automatic client update as well. it was fully automated, painless, and everything came back up and started mining automatically. Pretty cool stuff. The only thing I'd say I'd recommend to the developers is some sort of auto-payout option. I.E. once my balance hits a certain threshold, it automatically pays out to a pre-configured address.
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:56:33 AM

TeamWinMiner,

Since the addition of the fan, temp, power monitors I have noticed on our rigs that it fails to show the status of AMD cards if there are 7+ GPUs installed. As mentioned in prior posts we run 12 card systems with 6 AMD and 6 NVIDIA cards in them. In all our systems the 6 NVIDIA cards show the Fan, Temp and GPU Power but the AMD cards show nothing. Also, we have one system that has 7 AMD cards that does not show any of the aforementioned features. However, if we drop the card count to 6 or less all features are present in pure AMD, pure NVIDIA, or even mixed deployments. The catalyst seems to be the addition of the 7th card in which AMD cards will show nothing. It does not affect the performance of the systems and is a novelty feature for us.

Let me know whatever you need and I'll shoot it over to you, logs, screenshots etc.

Thanks,
SkyViper
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

TeamWinMiner,
Since the addition of the fan, temp, power monitors I have noticed on our rigs that it fails to show the status of AMD cards if there are 7+ GPUs installed. As mentioned in prior posts we run 12 card systems with 6 AMD and 6 NVIDIA cards in them. In all our systems the 6 NVIDIA cards show the Fan, Temp and GPU Power but the AMD cards show nothing. Also, we have one system that has 7 AMD cards that does not show any of the aforementioned features. However, if we drop the card count to 6 or less all features are present in pure AMD, pure NVIDIA, or even mixed deployments. The catalyst seems to be the addition of the 7th card in which AMD cards will show nothing. It does not affect the performance of the systems and is a novelty feature for us.
Let me know whatever you need and I'll shoot it over to you, logs, screenshots etc.
Thanks,
SkyViper
Dear Skyviper,
Thank you for reporting this and for your help!
We definitely want to fix that  Smiley
Best info for us would be:
(1) Logs from the mixed 12 GPU rig
(2) Logs from the 6 GPU rig - when everything works well
(3) Logs from the same rig when you add one more GPU (7 GPUs in total) and the features cease to show
Please write your name and a short description for each file you send (in the comments section of the send error report feature)
Thanks so much for your support!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

I have to say that I've really been enjoying this mining tool. I know that there are comments about the payouts, etc. being a little lower than normal, but I feel like I'm paying for a lot of convenience. I've got Winminer running on several mining rigs atm and it allows some remote management tools that otherwise I wouldn't have, without paying for them. At this point, I can almost fully remotely manage my mining 'operation' and if that comes at the cost of a slightly (and honestly I do mean slightly) lower payout than alternatives, I'm OK with that.
Today was my first time experiencing the automatic client update as well. it was fully automated, painless, and everything came back up and started mining automatically. Pretty cool stuff. The only thing I'd say I'd recommend to the developers is some sort of auto-payout option. I.E. once my balance hits a certain threshold, it automatically pays out to a pre-configured address.
Thank you! Very glad you like it  Smiley
Auto-payout is on the WinMiner wish list...hopefully will get to it soon..
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

Can you add phoenixminer (ETH) ? Much better than claymore.
Also, can we just use a BTC wallet or would I have to open a wallet for every kind of coin I want to mine ?
Phoenixminer:
Thanks for recommending it, we will definitely take a look.

Withdrawals:
WinMiner supports a long list of coins that can be mined using WinMiner.
WinMiner also supports a long list of withdrawal methods - ranging from US dollars in the form of PayPal transfer, Amazon and iTunes gift cards and Payeer, as well as crypto coins payouts in BTC, ETH, BCH and LTC).

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: