Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:01:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin the most popular cryptocurrency?  (Read 20639 times)
Kibit

Activity: 162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:18:51 PM

Will the increase in block size significantly affect the transaction speed?
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:21:34 PM

The short answer is that because it was first. As a result whenever the  mainstream media talks about crypto or block chain BTC is mentioned. That then fuels the fires as punters enter the market and drive the price up.
dimonstration

Activity: 2632
Merit: 696

Dimon69

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:27:50 PM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?

Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency because it is the highest cryptocurrency in terms of value. It is very profitable and it is a good long-term investment. A lot of people were able to gain a lot of income because of bitcoin. Bitcoin is becoming popular because a lot of people were able to change their lives because of it. Even other countries and even popular businessmen are starting to invest bitcoin.

specially if you are trying hard to save money that you cant really do in your regular job saving some , may bitcoin are the best to do that it is not hard here saving some because there is a lot of campaign that you can do that , and there is a lot to do with the help of bitcoin so nothing to worry about and be confident of bitcoin,

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:45:11 PM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?

You said it in your first sentence dude. Bitcoin has that ultimate first mover advantage. Now it isnt always first mover that ones but the one that gains popularity. I believe a company before google started search engines but

they werent as popular and as a result didnt take the cake. It is clear that bitcoin took the cake and is that #1 coin suffice to say it was because they were first that they reign supreme atm.

tam31

Activity: 143
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:46:58 PM

It was the first coin and people thought that this was the future. After time it became more popular and some more coins came but the people knew that bitcoin was first and it was the most trusted.

Now if you look at it its still popular and its the most used coin in the world and its even the expensive coin now. If it haden't got a lot of support back then maybe other coins would have risen up now.
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

The reason why bitcoin is so popular than other coins is because the bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was present first several years ago. and also bitcoin climbed as the development progressed. The potential for bitcoin continues to increase as popularity increases.
Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:01:52 PM

I agree that the weighty reason for the popularity of bitcoin is its primacy. Others derive from this
Anwar22

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:02:31 PM

Yes,I agree with you that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency. I think 80% country in the world accept bitcoin. Bitcoin is so much popular because its value is increasing day by day. The other coin price is very low besides the other coin is scam.
Mikwik

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:22:51 PM

I say bitcoin is most popular cryptocurrency because most top professionals speaking about bitcoin, even at TED
Millionaires like Bill Gates said his story about bitcoin
YouTubers speaking about bitcoin. Many hackers shake the organizations demanding bitcoin.
It stood as no 1competitor for banks
It gives more profit in short term comparing to fiat.
The main reason out of many crypto coins like Euro coin,  Uno coin, Lite coin etc bitcoin is the first crypto currency and the other cryptos are like babies.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

Yes,I agree with you that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency. I think 80% country in the world accept bitcoin. Bitcoin is so much popular because its value is increasing day by day. The other coin price is very low besides the other coin is scam.

technically this crypto currency are known by bitcoin not as much as it is but we know that this digital currency are first known by bitcoin, when they say bitcoin we know that this is a new digital currency , not totally as 80% are accept bitcoin we cant even know if that is true but we know that this bitcoin are spreading day by day just how the price is increasingly day by day.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:45:24 PM

The reason why bitcoin is so popular than other coins is because the bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was present first several years ago. and also bitcoin climbed as the development progressed. The potential for bitcoin continues to increase as popularity increases.

That is correct, bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency that makes it very popular and it has a very big potential and benefits to all investors and users too.
manatadecoco

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:29:59 AM

I don't always think good goods are number one. It changes by whether you give priority to the profit over whether you give priority to relief.
I don't need sincerity in bitcoin.
Alfinopogi

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:01:22 AM

why bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency ? because its Decentralized in Nature the bitcoin network isn’t controlled by one central authority. Every machine that mines bitcoin and processes transactions makes up a part of the network, and the machines work together.
yhan2x

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:04:00 AM

bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency on there huge price on the market nowadays. it gives a good benefits on the investors and all the users.
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:07:23 AM

When you see the value of bitcoin than others its means that this cyrpto is more popular because the value is so high ans bitcoin is very important to others because this is profitable for all people so thats why the bitcoin popular.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:11:22 AM

Because bitcoin is the beginning of the cryptoworld and how it touches lives from the start makes it the most popular digital currency. By just looking at its graph, it can lure investors to invest and pour in their money and it is true that so many investors already invested on it which means they have trusted bitcoin. And if you got high trust rating, that would really make you popular too.

coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:12:17 AM

When you see the value of bitcoin than others its means that this cyrpto is more popular because the value is so high ans bitcoin is very important to others because this is profitable for all people so thats why the bitcoin popular.

This is because of the release date of bitcoin. It another one released for the first time of coin history, it would probably be instead of bitcoin. I don't think the technology of bitcoin is not the only thing for it's popularity and domination.
nurlela

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:23:47 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency created, I agree with you. bitcoin also the first to apply the concept of decentralization, therefore many people around the world are increasingly interested in researching bitcoin. altcoin is only the result of studies and bitcoin research.
I think most bitcoin popular than altcoin is unique, first ever in the world and profitable.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:52:51 AM

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to make the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system.

Also, when you can, try to help others in learning.

Maybe you can see these links (I try to currently put in my signature):
Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old

Amazing to see global trade growth on localbitcoins as well (scroll down to see all the individual countries):
https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins     :

Be mindful of the Bad Actors - Avoid these:
DCG = DIGITAL CURRENCY GROUP (Barry Silbert, Jeff Garzik, coinbase, coindesk, blockchain.info, bitpay, bitcoin.com, etc) supports FUD & have/will try to infiltrate & eventually shutdown bitcoin.

r/btc reddit thread and (the other) company-controlled bitcoin website (bitcoin.com) also spread FUD but then try to accuse others of spreading FUD, LOL? Why do they push hard on altcoins (bitcoin cash, ethereum, FUD?)  Why do they push for forks?

Forks creating scamchains are a courtesy brought to you by DCG group of companies led by Barry Silbert with his fellow minion Jeff Garzik and friend Roger Ver. Central banks love to fund their seeders who in turn fund DCG operations so they can get inside the community to circumvent Bitcoin's progress and try to destroy bitcoin via forks, code, media (see coindesk) articles and social posts, funded startups, and flow of funds into exchanges (pumps & dumps).

Luckily their attempts have been marked by continuous and grand failures - altcoins...
"Bitcoin Classic" failure
"Bitcoin XT" failure
"Bitcoin Unlimited" failure
"Bitcoin Cash" failure
"Bitcoin Segwit2x" (BTC1) failure

The real Bitcoin, on the other-hand, has the highest value because of the totality of what it is - if it lacked the features of what it is, then there would be no value.

Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:59:15 AM

Bitcoin is the most popular, same goes by to what you have said, it is the oldest. Yes, there are many kinds of ccrypto currencies occuring, as we can see in other forum or in alt coins. And most of it turns out to be a good time. Anyways, as long as you have bitcoin you could be a lot of sure and secure of what you have been payed for.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: