Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin the most popular cryptocurrency?  (Read 20631 times)
CryptosD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:30:37 AM

Actually, there are some really good and popular coins... check out these guys are talking about top 5  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xsavNLSzXNA1H89ZGgQuw

These guys organize a cool conference on November 27th in Singapore, it's called BlockShow. I'm thinking to go, but tickets are expensive, so I'm still thinking...

I bought it with 30% discount. The code for the discount is VIP30, in case you buy tickets.

Is it this conference you are talking about? https://blockshowasia.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:35:28 AM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?
For the reason why bitcoin is the most popular coin so far is because it is also the high coin among the other. The demand of it in the market was continue and many investor are investing here because they earn double the amount of their capital. That's why they are really love bitcoin and make it so popular.
bodikuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:01:06 AM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?

Bitcoin is the most popular of all the digital currencies because it is the first of them all. Without bitcoin, I don't think that there will be an emerging digital currency. Also, as the first and original digital currency,  it has the highest price of them all, so the tedency of the users are to be attracted to it because it has the most price.
it was already proven and it implements in a lot of country now, it does offers good opportunity to every nation.

Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency because it is the best crypto. BTC is voluntary, decentralized, and open source. It also has the best community behind it. Wallets, developers, etc all want to make the network better. That is not the case with others, except Monero, but even then it's greedy. Why not just help build anonymous txns on BTC? They're here now, but coming for everyone soon so I don't get it.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:02:40 AM

I know that the Bitcoin is a digital currency or cryptocurrency to be made. Cryptocurrency is campare to the other currency. The cryptocurrency value is high to the other currency.it is More safer currency.

I think the most popular bitcoin because marketcap is the largest, and almost all cryptocurrency prices are using satoshi or bitcoin size, so any ICO can accept bitcoin.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:26:05 AM

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to make the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system.

Also, when you can, try to help others in learning.

Maybe you can see these links (I try to currently put in my signature):
Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old

Amazing to see global trade growth on localbitcoins as well (scroll down to see all the individual countries):
https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins     :

Be mindful of the Bad Actors - Avoid these:
DCG = DIGITAL CURRENCY GROUP (Barry Silbert, Jeff Garzik, coinbase, coindesk, blockchain.info, bitpay, bitcoin.com, etc) supports FUD & have/will try to infiltrate & eventually shutdown bitcoin.

r/btc reddit thread and (the other) company-controlled bitcoin website (bitcoin.com) also spread FUD but then try to accuse others of spreading FUD, LOL? Why do they push hard on altcoins (bitcoin cash, ethereum, FUD?)  Why do they push for forks?

Forks creating scamchains are a courtesy brought to you by DCG group of companies led by Barry Silbert with his fellow minion Jeff Garzik and friend Roger Ver. Central banks love to fund their seeders who in turn fund DCG operations so they can get inside the community to circumvent Bitcoin's progress and try to destroy bitcoin via forks, code, media (see coindesk) articles and social posts, funded startups, and flow of funds into exchanges (pumps & dumps).

Luckily their attempts have been marked by continuous and grand failures - altcoins...
"Bitcoin Classic" failure
"Bitcoin XT" failure
"Bitcoin Unlimited" failure
"Bitcoin Cash" failure
"Bitcoin Segwit2x" (BTC1) failure

The real Bitcoin, on the other-hand, has the highest value because of the totality of what it is - if it lacked the features of what it is, then there would be no value.

Today, Bitcoin is probably almost 1% adopted by people all around the world. Even in the most adopted country, the USA, most people have no idea what Bitcoin really is. Japan, may have a slightly higher number in percentage terms.

Bitcoin has been banned all over the world by all big banks in nearly all countries since 2013 (for over 4-years) and the banks have completely failed at stopping Bitcoin's growth. At a bank, just try to do a bank transaction say its for "Bitcoin" and watch your transaction be blocked for review.

BUT Everyone in all countries are still finding a way to get Bitcoins. They simply never say "Bitcoin" when dealing with banks. People are smart.

Nothing can stop Bitcoin as it reached escape velocity back in 2013.  What do you think everyone's been doing for the past 4 years??

Bitcoin has been unstoppable growth since 2013.

Wait until we are closer to 3% adoption in the world.

Once we hit 4% adoption in the world, then Bitcoin = mainstream.

Let that sink in.

Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:37:30 AM

This bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency only becuase this cryptocurrency have value in our life this bitcoin gives a hope for all people like so thats why bitcoin is became a most popular cryptocurency to all and the value is so high.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:02:11 AM

I regularly read every day here in the forum. I'm reading news about Bitcoins and different coins. Because of this I'm having knowledge about the tokens I'm buying. It's a good practice for us to learn. And We're not a waste makers in the forum. that if you do not understand it will make the thread immediately. Actually it's better to read because you can confirm the authenticity of what you already know.
dissgo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:16:05 AM

Bitcoin price increases higher and higher.
Of course it attracts people about knowing what bitcoin is.
Even, japan legalized it last time.
So newcomers always come and learn and trying to get some bitcoins.
Some being miners, some getting from faucets or bounty campaign or being investors, cause they believe this has bright future.
So, time by time, bitcoin's getting popular.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:31:50 AM

Hi there Crapz23! It is given that bitcoin is the pioneer in cryptocurrency and the rest follows the steps. There are bunch of alt coins currently circulating, as of November 6, 2017 there were over 1,172 of them. And still bitcoin has the largest blockchain network which make it the number 1 among them. You can't judge all the alt coins to be scam because most of them could be converted into fiat and operate in a legal way. Based on market capitalization your 2nd coin rank at 46 among other coins. And by the way, did you know a cryptocurrency that become popular because it is called joke currency?
VayneAurelius

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:34:44 AM

First of all we all know that the first cryptocurrency that was made back on 2009 is the bitcoin so we can consider this why bitcoin is the most popular. Maybe also about the bitcoin price, it becomes higher so that so many individuals want to start and invest.
Pamela Jobelle

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:55:05 AM

Cryptocurrency has become phenomenal in terms of trading and the best way to an understanding of most people, banks, government and industrial businesses are aware of its importance.
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:00:03 AM

We all know that bitcoin is the first crypto currency in fact the value of it  increases from time to time at the same time it is demand.thats why there are lots of investors and users who joined bitcoin. Thats why bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

Because bitcoin is the safest virtual money, you can not break their passwords, can not destroy its blockchain, and most importantly the bitcoin transaction is fast.

Larry Lantern

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:21:10 AM

Because of the large no. Of people using it
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:25:40 AM

One of the core reasons why bitcoin is the most consistent of all if you are investor in cryptocurrency you've choose these coins as part of your investments because it has the most demands among the users and the most widely known among the people around the globe. Also bitcoin is the first to be introduced among the people.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:41:19 AM

I think the reason why bitcoin is the most popular of all cyptocurrency because it only has the highest value in all digital currency. Even alt coins can not match the value of bitcoin.
Hidavynara

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:44:12 AM

And who, if not the pioneer, is the most popular crypto currency in the world? bitcoin deservedly won the 1 st place
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:55:53 AM

Maybe because a lot of people follow what is mainstream. Even if they know that there are a lot of cryptocurrencies, they still follow BTC because they think that the other have no leading position, and choose best one of 1000+ alt is impossible.
Dendy69

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:03:34 AM

You are right for sure! People who don't care about cryptocurrency and financial makrets at all could hear about bitcoin from somewhere accidently. These people will not care about cryptocurrency in future, but they already know a little bit about BTC. In mass media we are not being informed about altcoins. I personally paid attention on BTC only when I visited crypto exchange for the first time in 2016. I heard about BTC, but had no any info that there are another cryptoassets. Thats why BTC is #1.
jhewlijw

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

Bitcoin is world's first cryptocurrency,it is currency an asset.bitcoin easy for online transactions and bitcoin price is very high.number of countries using the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: