Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119795 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:50:47 PM

Yea, its only a matter of time before these and dudes with vast resources enter. Its natural.
I watched it happen with Verium.

https://goo.gl/images/o1phXg

Looking at that let me tell you my experience.   I crunched the numbers and found the sweet spot to be Dell T3500 with Xeon X5650 processors.  Ordered a few off eBay for less than $200/each.  While I don't have one of those XU4's I doubt they'd have the same punch per dollar as the T3500 (I compared the Monero hashrate of the i7 listed in the article with my X5650 to determine they were in broad stokes pretty equal and the XU4 was pulling about 1/9th the rate of the i7 at a cost of $50) .  So I deployed several in my home in addition to my normal PC.  When I bought them, they'd pull close to 2000 coins a day on average, now they average about 400 coins a day.  Right now that's about 28 cents per day in BBP.  They run 170 watts, so I am paying 44 cents a day in power per box.  I would suspect most people mining are currently making little or even losing money unless they have very cheap power and that's not including amortizing hardware costs.  But most miners are likely mining for the long haul.  So they accept it might cost them a small premium to mine, but its easier to mine that buy in small quantities.  And there is the hope that the coin will be successful and rise in value.  But the nice thing about Biblepay is as long as it is GPU resistant, it's got a bright future if it can make it through these last few road blocks.  So as the coin rises in price, more miners will enter, the difficulty will increase and I'll probably drop to 200 coins a day but still be bringing in 30 to 40 cents at that new price.

I read a post in the altcoin mining section about a guy that built one of these rigs.  He ordered like 200 of those things, it was insane.  When you scale this stuff up, the real cost isn't how much you are paying upfront compared to the hashrate, its energy usage.  Those arm processors are very efficient and inexpensive.
coinpimp321

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:53:19 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 04:09:14 PM by coinpimp321

What did Jesus say and do to the money changers at the Temple? He literally wipped their *sses! Its the ONLY account in the Gospel of Jesus losing his mind!

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

…14 In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables.

15 So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNIL1owRAI
i am available to offer my time for development to cleanse the moneychangers from the sanctuaries

I have a question for everyone: Do you think presenting this coin to a church audience would violate this scripture, or any scripture?  For instance, Catholic Mass has collections for operations and then a second collection for a cause.  I have also been to churches which do fundraising in the foyer of the church, or sales of items after church inside the church.  Do you think it would be against scripture to do PR for this coin around a church congregation? Just looking for everyone's input on this.

Jesus cleanses the Temple is a good topic.  First of all, I feel the greatest sin in this case is disregarding something that is Holy, The Temple, and conducting unholy business in his house.  To Jesus, I bet it feels like they misused the temple as a gathering place, reaped free advertising benefits (because those in the town know where to go to trade), yelled out bids for things (reducing the use of the temple to something unholy), and in general took his Temples dedication in vain.  

Yes, I do think we should take this seriously, and create a document that puts up walls in BiblePay to keep what is holy holy, to show respect for Gods Kingdom.  We should ensure we pass the litmus test - and I believe we do otherwise I would have given up earlier - that we provide a currency for Christians to exchange value while biblically tithing 10% of the top to the orphans.  We dont have any intention of doing unholy things with it, or setting up unholy practices.

The small part of this, the question about conducting business inside a church, I think the answer is the applicaton of biblepay during church hours can be promoted as : educational materials (buying bibles), extending our community to more Christians, using it as a currency to help others in need in the church (IE the one who cant pay their rent maybe receives it in biblepay), and of course our core function: helping orphans, by extending our community those that pick it up might invest a sliver of their retirement account in biblepay, thereby helping orphans now, with the expectation that in 10 years the retirement account can be withdrawn and help themselves.

If we create a pamphlet with our Dos and Donts that keep us holy, and we gave that to the priest, then he/she would realize this is intended to be done off hours, not during church, etc.

my vote is dont call the masternodes sanctuaries! there is nothing 'holy' about biblepay or masternodes marketed as 'sanctuaries'. Nor is bible pay a church. a couple pages earlier they were being considered to be called 'god' nodes. eh???

i suggest you do a Bible study on 'sanctuaries'. I dont mean google the term, read a bunch of mainstream articles, then form your opinion on it and call it day.  I mean take the Bible out, go to a website that has a concordance and read every single verse, story, and account of it. And pray about it. On your knees type prayer. Understand how God sees them. God will give you wisdom and discernment to understand not to commingle money with a sacred place of refuge.

I mean lets get real here. what does a masternode actually do that one can label it a sanctuary? it holds a cache of units and handles transactions. its a by definition a money changer - Jesus exactly lays out his view on not to perform money changing enterprises inside a sanctuary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6FYLZouuMY

If you want God's favor, do not call it a sanctuary.  

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:19:16 PM

Coinpimp, you stated your opinion.  Our flavor of masternodes are called sanctuaries because they are a place of refuge.  They will make the decisions to release the funds for the orphans benefit.  Money is neutral, it can be used for good or bad.  You are starting to miss the forest from the trees. 

Our sanctuaries are not holy, nor are we defiling Gods holiness to run a sanctuary.
If we set up a bitcoin miner in a temple, then we would be acting in vain.

Stop spamming.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:25:32 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 04:36:02 PM by coinpimp321

Coinpimp, you stated your opinion.  Our flavor of masternodes are called sanctuaries because they are a place of refuge.  They will make the decisions to release the funds for the orphans benefit.  Money is neutral, it can be used for good or bad.  You are starting to miss the forest from the trees.  

Our sanctuaries are not holy, nor are we defiling Gods holiness to run a sanctuary.

Stop spamming.

im not spamming. I am pointing out what the Bible speaks to this topic. If thats spam then...

Psalm 69:9
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:38:46 PM

Coinpimp, you stated your opinion.  Our flavor of masternodes are called sanctuaries because they are a place of refuge.  They will make the decisions to release the funds for the orphans benefit.  Money is neutral, it can be used for good or bad.  You are starting to miss the forest from the trees.  

Stop spamming.

im not spamming. I am pointing out what the Bible speaks to this topic. If thats spam then...

Your spamming because the last 4 pages are filled with posts from you- you are becoming the new Satoshiate.

If you want your opinion to count, then kindly *suggest* things with a lot of evidence and have a two way conversation.  I replied to you and pointed out my opinion on the matter and you disregarded it.  In addition, things are not going to be changed that are already building blocks in prod unless they are deemed to be ironclad changes by the whole community.  You would need to run a poll on this on our forum  and receive input from everyone in the comments for this particular issue.

Your handle is Coin Pimp and you want to tell us we are heathens. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
maarekelets

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:48:43 PM

What did Jesus say and do to the money changers at the Temple? He literally wipped their *sses! Its the ONLY account in the Gospel of Jesus losing his mind!

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

…14 In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables.

15 So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!”
i am available to offer my time for development to cleanse the moneychangers from the sanctuaries

I have a question for everyone: Do you think presenting this coin to a church audience would violate this scripture, or any scripture?  For instance, Catholic Mass has collections for operations and then a second collection for a cause.  I have also been to churches which do fundraising in the foyer of the church, or sales of items after church inside the church.  Do you think it would be against scripture to do PR for this coin around a church congregation? Just looking for everyone's input on this.

Jesus cleanses the Temple is a good topic.  First of all, I feel the greatest sin in this case is disregarding something that is Holy, The Temple, and conducting unholy business in his house.  To Jesus, I bet it feels like they misused the temple as a gathering place, reaped free advertising benefits (because those in the town know where to go to trade), yelled out bids for things (reducing the use of the temple to something unholy), and in general took his Temples dedication in vain.  

Yes, I do think we should take this seriously, and create a document that puts up walls in BiblePay to keep what is holy holy, to show respect for Gods Kingdom.  We should ensure we pass the litmus test - and I believe we do otherwise I would have given up earlier - that we provide a currency for Christians to exchange value while biblically tithing 10% of the top to the orphans.  We dont have any intention of doing unholy things with it, or setting up unholy practices.

The small part of this, the question about conducting business inside a church, I think the answer is the applicaton of biblepay during church hours can be promoted as : educational materials (buying bibles), extending our community to more Christians, using it as a currency to help others in need in the church (IE the one who cant pay their rent maybe receives it in biblepay), and of course our core function: helping orphans, by extending our community those that pick it up might invest a sliver of their retirement account in biblepay, thereby helping orphans now, with the expectation that in 10 years the retirement account can be withdrawn and help themselves.

If we create a pamphlet with our Dos and Donts that keep us holy, and we gave that to the priest, then he/she would realize this is intended to be done off hours, not during church, etc.

my vote is dont call the masternodes sanctuaries! there is nothing 'holy' about biblepay or masternodes marketed as 'sanctuaries'. Nor is bible pay a church. a couple pages earlier they were being considered to be called 'god' nodes. eh???

i suggest you do a Bible study on 'sanctuaries'. I dont mean google the term, read a bunch of mainstream articles, then form your opinion on it and call it day.  I mean take the Bible out, go to a website that has a concordance and read every single verse, story, and account of it. And pray about it. On your knees type prayer. Understand how God sees them. God will give you wisdom and discernment to understand not to commingle money with a sacred place of refuge.

I mean lets get real here. what does a masternode actually do that one can label it a sanctuary? it holds a cache of units and handles transactions. its a by definition a money changer - Jesus exactly lays out his view on not to perform money changing enterprises inside a sanctuary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6FYLZouuMY

It's kind of hard to take biblical hermeneutics on holiness seriously from someone who goes by "coinpimp321". Not that it makes your point incorrect but rather it seems to me that if you applied the same level of zeal towards the label placed on masternodes on the label you place on yourself (which is itself a temple of the Holy Spirit according to 1 Corin. 6:19) you would have to change your name. It obviously doesn't bother you nor do I think it should, instead why not extend the same level of grace you extend towards yourself towards those who have no problem with the label "sanctuary" on a masternode? To quote St. Augustine of Hippo, “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.”, so let's err on the side of liberty and charity and instead acknowledge that there is an essential difference between the attitudes and goals of the money changers in the Temple of Solomon and those that would be running sanctuaries on BiblePay.
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:58:48 PM

Stop spamming.

Your spamming because the last 4 pages are filled with posts from you- you are becoming the new Satoshiate.

If you want your opinion to count, then kindly *suggest* things with a lot of evidence and have a two way conversation.  I replied to you and pointed out my opinion on the matter and you disregarded it.  In addition, things are not going to be changed that are already building blocks in prod unless they are deemed to be ironclad changes by the whole community.  You would need to run a poll on this on our forum  and receive input from everyone in the comments for this particular issue.

Your handle is Coin Pimp and you want to tell us we are heathens. 

you got me on the username handle. no way to change it. only through a new account perhaps.

i didnt disregard your opinion. I applied a biblical filter to it and asked you to do the same. Your opinion or my opinion on a great many things in life are typically very different from how the Bible sees things. The Bible helps corrects ones understanding to how God sees things.

You decided to start a project with the Bible in it. Did you not expect to be 'spammed' by people who have great zeal for it? You should consider them a great asset to the project as they will fight tooth and nail for the Truth. Those people are longsuffering and with noble intentions

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:07:38 PM

Not that it makes your point incorrect but rather it seems to me that if you applied the same level of zeal towards the label placed on masternodes on the label you place on yourself (which is itself a temple of the Holy Spirit according to 1 Corin. 6:19) you would have to change your name

i absolutely agree with you. if there is a way to change it. i cant find any. so id have to setup a new account if that is even possible on bitcointalk
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:18:04 PM

While I don't want to sit here and fan the flames, let me say this.  A sanctuary is a place of refuge.  A place of safety.  Our sanctuaries will do some financial transactions but as long as the coin continues to resist 3rd party mining software, that task will also be handled by the wallets in play.  The primary function of the sanctuary is to vote and govern, lead the coin to a better place, not for the sole financial gain of the sanctuary holders but because of the huge gain to the orphan fund.  Consider if this coin does break the top 100, that would mean in rough numbers it would be generating close to $1 Million each month for the orphan fund.  Would some users get rich?  Yes.  But the gains to the charitable arm of the coin would be incredible.  And with all of that income, the role of the sanctuaries would be even more important, they'd have to oversee the management and stewardship of that fund.  And they will extend refuge and safety to the less fortunate which is one of the biblical mandates (and really a mandate of most religions).

There are a lot of biblical parables and stories, but why are we not talking about the parable of the Talents?  The servant buried his money was punished and told he should have at least given it to the money changers to earn interest.  Yet the third servant was lauded for making so much more from his initial fund.  The Bible is not anti-money nor even anti-wealth, it is merely that as your means increase you have more temptations, thus the story of the rich man versus the camel and the eye of the needle.  However, in our modern society, I think it could be equally said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than 1) a rich man, 2) an attractive man, 3) a very intelligent man.  Faith is ultimately easier when you have nothing to lose, you're not really risking anything on the "leap of faith".  But that is not to say the former are lost causes, merely that they have to risk a position of advantage in their "leap of faith".

At the end of it all, can we agree that even among Christians of the same denomination there will be a wide range of beliefs on most topics.  I'd wager you'd not be able to get a consensus on this specific topic from ten randomly selected ministers.  So no matter what path this coin takes on most any topic, there will be a sincere difference of belief by some.  That's OK, but lets no belabor non-technical points once our points have been expressed.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:13:47 PM

While I don't want to sit here and fan the flames, let me say this.  A sanctuary is a place of refuge.  A place of safety.  Our sanctuaries will do some financial transactions but as long as the coin continues to resist 3rd party mining software, that task will also be handled by the wallets in play.  The primary function of the sanctuary is to vote and govern, lead the coin to a better place, not for the sole financial gain of the sanctuary holders but because of the huge gain to the orphan fund.  Consider if this coin does break the top 100, that would mean in rough numbers it would be generating close to $1 Million each month for the orphan fund.  Would some users get rich?  Yes.  But the gains to the charitable arm of the coin would be incredible.  And with all of that income, the role of the sanctuaries would be even more important, they'd have to oversee the management and stewardship of that fund.  And they will extend refuge and safety to the less fortunate which is one of the biblical mandates (and really a mandate of most religions).

There are a lot of biblical parables and stories, but why are we not talking about the parable of the Talents?  The servant buried his money was punished and told he should have at least given it to the money changers to earn interest.  Yet the third servant was lauded for making so much more from his initial fund.  The Bible is not anti-money nor even anti-wealth, it is merely that as your means increase you have more temptations, thus the story of the rich man versus the camel and the eye of the needle.  However, in our modern society, I think it could be equally said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than 1) a rich man, 2) an attractive man, 3) a very intelligent man.  Faith is ultimately easier when you have nothing to lose, you're not really risking anything on the "leap of faith".  But that is not to say the former are lost causes, merely that they have to risk a position of advantage in their "leap of faith".

At the end of it all, can we agree that even among Christians of the same denomination there will be a wide range of beliefs on most topics.  I'd wager you'd not be able to get a consensus on this specific topic from ten randomly selected ministers.  So no matter what path this coin takes on most any topic, there will be a sincere difference of belief by some.  That's OK, but lets no belabor non-technical points once our points have been expressed.

That is a great analogy with the parable of the Talents.  Thanks.

I don't want to cause a division, and I welcome the community input.  What everyone has to understand is I have a responsibility to also protect the investor also, so things that make it to prod are hard to change.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:26:08 PM

Mini update on the state of affairs of BiblePay (or to put it another way, what is going on in TestNet):

The Temple idea was originally something like this: It would cost 15* the amount of collateral to run a temple, and pay 10* the reward (of a sanctuary).  The Temple would need to sync the pool code and the wallet code on a regular basis, and run a special service as an Amazon gateway, and be a market maker.

The Temple high collateral idea was killed (by me) recently, because it would have required a single block payment to the temple to exceed the block max.  I added code to require signatures, and it technically worked, but I decided to roll it back in favor of IT budgets paying for the service and that way we have higher security in the wallet.

So the Temples have been squashed for now, but the remaining elements of the temple is not squashed.

The Market Maker code works, and I think what we will do for now, is have a chosen sanctuary act as a market maker when someone wants to trade retirement funds.  Im in the process of releasing this to testnet.  It allows you to buy or sell retirement coins in a complex transaction.

The sanctuaries themselves are humming along properly in testnet; we are all paying each other the correct %s.

The fake proposals and budgets are now working with the pool and the sanctuaries, and seem to be pretty neat, as far as one random Sanctuary owner creating a forum topic, creating a proposal pointing to the URL, and all of us are voting on it and votes are reflected in the Proposals list.

The Amazon ecommerce gateway is coming along nicely.  As you can see now you can buy bibles on the pool through this same code.  (Ill be adding emergency food soon).
If you buy a bible using BiblePay, you will be able to see the tracking number in Status3 automatically.  The system has an elaborate API layer (called the BiblePay Mouse API) that tracks your package through amazons network.  This code is going to be exposed through the "chosen sanctuary" so that people can also buy a bible through the RPC console soon.  The BiblePay Mouse API also validates postal addresses and rejects orders to bad addresses.

I think realistically, in a few more days I will have instructions for the testnet users to test the retirement accounts and the ability to trade colored coins for normal coins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
GeniusX

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

i still hold large amount of BBP like 3.5 m. We will see the price till next year!
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:28:01 PM

Mini update on the state of affairs of BiblePay (or to put it another way, what is going on in TestNet):

The Amazon ecommerce gateway is coming along nicely.  As you can see now you can buy bibles on the pool through this same code.  (Ill be adding emergency food soon).
If you buy a bible using BiblePay, you will be able to see the tracking number in Status3 automatically.  The system has an elaborate API layer (called the BiblePay Mouse API) that tracks your package through amazons network.  This code is going to be exposed through the "chosen sanctuary" so that people can also buy a bible through the RPC console soon.  The BiblePay Mouse API also validates postal addresses and rejects orders to bad addresses.

how is amazon able to accept orders using biblepay? i dont think they yet accept btc so how is that exchange taking place?
ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:28:59 PM

i still hold large amount of BBP like 3.5 m. We will see the price till next year!

Wow!

I have a question, do you only get a writing bounty for one letter?  If you write more than one do you not get a bounty for those?  How many letters are we sending to the kids?  Is it once per month they are sent?

Edit: Also, I think it would be helpful for a letter format to be followed. 
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:44:21 PM

Bible_Pay why https doesnt work?  Huh

ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:27:34 PM

Bible_Pay why https doesnt work?  Huh

I guess cloudflare bothered way too much. Took all connections from all ports and made everything more complicated. Pool is not just a web content.

However, a new subdomain can be created

cname     value                          proxy
secure     pool.biblepaypay.org     proxy activated
pool         x.y.z                         dns only

so people connect to pool will not hit cloudflare's firewall. but subdomain will have ssl on. It is just an idea I did not try myself.

znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:24:12 PM

Thanks
Sounds like is not a pool problem though if you are reindexing, are you reindexing but actually receiving miner errors in getmininginfo?  (Because I see the leaderboard is full so I know the pool is up).

Since the reindex is not finishing, try to delete the chainstate folders, the blocks folder, and just resync?
You can do a "telnet pool.biblepay.org 80" from the command line to ensure you can hit the pool.

Let me know why you think its the pool- also you can try commenting out the "pool" setting in your config (by putting a pound in front of it) and try solo mining, to isolate the problem?

Hi Rob, it was automatically reverting to solo mining.

Actually I apologise, I didn't read your first comment correctly.
I changed pools to

pool2.biblepay.org

and that fixed everything

Thanks!

I was checking things about an hour ago, and somehow our cloudflare SSL setting spontaneously changed back.
Anyway, its working again now.

Ill look into a different flavor of SSL over the next few days.

Rob

Hi Rob,

could you please have another check of the cloudfare SSL. I seem to be having issues again.

Thanks
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:13:45 AM

Does anybody know a cheap cloud server with low monthly fee's
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:03:03 AM

Does anybody know a cheap cloud server with low monthly fee's

not worth it. i tried but stopped it
GeniusX

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:24:26 AM

Wow!

I have a question, do you only get a writing bounty for one letter?  If you write more than one do you not get a bounty for those?  How many letters are we sending to the kids?  Is it once per month they are sent?

Edit: Also, I think it would be helpful for a letter format to be followed. 

No, You miss something. When Biblepay coin is launched. I opened a bitcointalk account, you check my date register and bible_pay register time.I mine this coin since day 1 . I have also some mining video's on this thread(Earlier Page's you can find). Just holding and waiting with 3.5m BBP. We will see it in the future!
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: