Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:29:53 PM

Hi Rob,

could you please have another check of the cloudfare SSL. I seem to be having issues again.

Thanks

Im going to be enabling SSL a little later today, but currently, pool.biblepay.org has SSL disabled and its working for everyone in standard mode, so please explain the issue in more detail.  For now dont use SSL until I resolve the cert problem.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:31:12 PM

Bible_Pay why https doesnt work?  Huh

I guess cloudflare bothered way too much. Took all connections from all ports and made everything more complicated. Pool is not just a web content.

However, a new subdomain can be created

cname     value                          proxy
secure     pool.biblepaypay.org     proxy activated
pool         x.y.z                         dns only

so people connect to pool will not hit cloudflare's firewall. but subdomain will have ssl on. It is just an idea I did not try myself.

Yeah, its something to do with the way they rewrite all the packets.  It tends to make it fragile.  Im just going to go with a real ssl cert later today for the actual server.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
analyzing

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:31:34 PM

Is this coin related to any religion, if yes - can you explain why?

i think so this one is related to religious activities

QORA    ⊙Decentralized hosting.
             ⊙ Decentralized social network
             ⊙Voting system.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:33:23 PM

i still hold large amount of BBP like 3.5 m. We will see the price till next year!

Wow!

I have a question, do you only get a writing bounty for one letter?  If you write more than one do you not get a bounty for those?  How many letters are we sending to the kids?  Is it once per month they are sent?

Edit: Also, I think it would be helpful for a letter format to be followed. 

You can write more than one letter and receive more than one bounty.
The letters are sent out to compassion by a separate process, after the letter is upvoted past 7 upvotes and when the batch is ready to be sent.  So approximately 2 times per month they are sent, and then marked as "Sent".

Please elaborate on what letter format means.  Please see letter writing tips.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

Mini update on the state of affairs of BiblePay (or to put it another way, what is going on in TestNet):

The Amazon ecommerce gateway is coming along nicely.  As you can see now you can buy bibles on the pool through this same code.  (Ill be adding emergency food soon).
If you buy a bible using BiblePay, you will be able to see the tracking number in Status3 automatically.  The system has an elaborate API layer (called the BiblePay Mouse API) that tracks your package through amazons network.  This code is going to be exposed through the "chosen sanctuary" so that people can also buy a bible through the RPC console soon.  The BiblePay Mouse API also validates postal addresses and rejects orders to bad addresses.

how is amazon able to accept orders using biblepay? i dont think they yet accept btc so how is that exchange taking place?
Our code is making it take place, they dont accept BTC.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinpimp321

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:51:39 PM

Mini update on the state of affairs of BiblePay (or to put it another way, what is going on in TestNet):

The Amazon ecommerce gateway is coming along nicely.  As you can see now you can buy bibles on the pool through this same code.  (Ill be adding emergency food soon).
If you buy a bible using BiblePay, you will be able to see the tracking number in Status3 automatically.  The system has an elaborate API layer (called the BiblePay Mouse API) that tracks your package through amazons network.  This code is going to be exposed through the "chosen sanctuary" so that people can also buy a bible through the RPC console soon.  The BiblePay Mouse API also validates postal addresses and rejects orders to bad addresses.

how is amazon able to accept orders using biblepay? i dont think they yet accept btc so how is that exchange taking place?
Our code is making it take place, they dont accept BTC.

are you running it through an affiliate link?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

Alright, the SSL is fixed at pool.biblepay.org:

https://pool.biblepay.org
 is UP.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:05:41 PM

Our logo contest has ended and the popular design was chosen and I have reviewed the files to ensure they meet the wallet technical requirements and they passed in test and the contest has been approved for payment.

The files have been uploaded here if anyone needs a copy for a project:
http://pool.biblepay.org/SAN/bbplogo.zip

@bible_pay I noticed Biblepay Website and 1st post in bitcointalk thread have previous logo.

The new logo has been growing on me Wink

======

Please send some BiblePay coins to 616WestWarmoth for paying for the Freelancer Logo Design Contest!,
so far he has only recouped half of the cost

Donation Address: BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG

======

Any ideas for Twitter and Reddit banners? Does current banner seem okay for now?

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/BiblePay

Reddit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:38:01 PM

Our logo contest has ended and the popular design was chosen and I have reviewed the files to ensure they meet the wallet technical requirements and they passed in test and the contest has been approved for payment.

@bible_pay I noticed Biblepay Website and 1st post in bitcointalk thread have previous logo.

======

Please send some BiblePay coins to 616WestWarmoth for paying for the Freelancer Logo Design Contest!,

======

Any ideas for Twitter and Reddit banners? Does current banner seem okay for now?

Thanks a lot, the Twitter feed looks awesome!  I see we have followers from Compassion now, thats very cool.

I updated the OP and the www.biblepay.org image.  (Note: You will have to clear your cache to see the new image).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:00:44 PM

Hi Rob,

could you please have another check of the cloudfare SSL. I seem to be having issues again.

Thanks

Im going to be enabling SSL a little later today, but currently, pool.biblepay.org has SSL disabled and its working for everyone in standard mode, so please explain the issue in more detail.  For now dont use SSL until I resolve the cert problem.

Thanks Rob, FYI, I think the problems are on my end.
Cheers
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:21:10 PM

======

======

Thanks a lot, the Twitter feed looks awesome!  I see we have followers from Compassion now, thats very cool.

I updated the OP and the www.biblepay.org image.  (Note: You will have to clear your cache to see the new image).

How do you get coinmarketcap.com to put the Twitter feed under the social tab? 
aikida3k

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:30:42 PM

Interesting trading day

Volume today is above 2.13 BTC or >15,000.  Price hasn't moved much. The chart says it got up to 16 sat but I don't see it in the tape; just between 9-12. 

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:33:06 PM

Thanks a lot, the Twitter feed looks awesome!  I see we have followers from Compassion now, thats very cool.

You have done awesome Rob! There would be no coin without you. Im glad I can help a little by spreading the word! Smiley  

====

Thank you for pointing that out, I have sent CoinMarketCap support a request to update logo and add twitter Smiley
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/

====

Interesting trading day
Volume today is above 2.13 BTC or >15,000.  Price hasn't moved much. The chart says it got up to 16 sat but I don't see it in the tape; just between 9-12

I wish I could see full trading history on c-cex:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
Id be interested to see what happened as well, but it looks like someone bought many millions of coins  Shocked Huh Cool

My limited understanding is that the Bitcoin Segwit2x fork was cancelled today, and money is flowing back out of Bitcoin into other coins today

aikida3k

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:43:43 PM

What did Jesus say and do to the money changers at the Temple? He literally wipped their *sses! Its the ONLY account in the Gospel of Jesus losing his mind!

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

…14 In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables.

15 So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNIL1owRAI
i am available to offer my time for development to cleanse the moneychangers from the sanctuaries

I have a question for everyone: Do you think presenting this coin to a church audience would violate this scripture, or any scripture?  For instance, Catholic Mass has collections for operations and then a second collection for a cause.  I have also been to churches which do fundraising in the foyer of the church, or sales of items after church inside the church.  Do you think it would be against scripture to do PR for this coin around a church congregation? Just looking for everyone's input on this.

Jesus cleanses the Temple is a good topic.  First of all, I feel the greatest sin in this case is disregarding something that is Holy, The Temple, and conducting unholy business in his house.  To Jesus, I bet it feels like they misused the temple as a gathering place, reaped free advertising benefits (because those in the town know where to go to trade), yelled out bids for things (reducing the use of the temple to something unholy), and in general took his Temples dedication in vain. 

Yes, I do think we should take this seriously, and create a document that puts up walls in BiblePay to keep what is holy holy, to show respect for Gods Kingdom.  We should ensure we pass the litmus test - and I believe we do otherwise I would have given up earlier - that we provide a currency for Christians to exchange value while biblically tithing 10% of the top to the orphans.  We dont have any intention of doing unholy things with it, or setting up unholy practices.

The small part of this, the question about conducting business inside a church, I think the answer is the applicaton of biblepay during church hours can be promoted as : educational materials (buying bibles), extending our community to more Christians, using it as a currency to help others in need in the church (IE the one who cant pay their rent maybe receives it in biblepay), and of course our core function: helping orphans, by extending our community those that pick it up might invest a sliver of their retirement account in biblepay, thereby helping orphans now, with the expectation that in 10 years the retirement account can be withdrawn and help themselves.

If we create a pamphlet with our Dos and Donts that keep us holy, and we gave that to the priest, then he/she would realize this is intended to be done off hours, not during church, etc.

So we should start with the creation of a guide booklet that can lay out guidelines about what it is, and help to onload people into biblepay, explain good security and backup practices, help them understand how running the wallet helps orphans, and distribute that to churches.  This is first and foremost a charity.  I don't think Christians are early adopters in cryptocurrencies: many of the coins out there are for anything but charity.
aikida3k

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:56:09 PM

Thanks a lot, the Twitter feed looks awesome!  I see we have followers from Compassion now, thats very cool.

You have done awesome Rob! There would be no coin without you. Im glad I can help a little by spreading the word! Smiley  

====

Thank you for pointing that out, I have sent CoinMarketCap support a request to update logo and add twitter Smiley
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/

====

Interesting trading day
Volume today is above 2.13 BTC or >15,000.  Price hasn't moved much. The chart says it got up to 16 sat but I don't see it in the tape; just between 9-12

I wish I could see full trading history on c-cex:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
Id be interested to see what happened as well, but it looks like someone bought many millions of coins  Shocked Huh Cool

My limited understanding is that the Bitcoin Segwit2x fork was cancelled today, and money is flowing back out of Bitcoin into other coins today

It looks like money is flowing into everything: bitcoin is up, total market cap is up, and about 95% of the top 100 are green. 
I like the c-cex exchange.  They have a nice setup.  It would be nice if the trade history went back a little further.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:53:04 PM

Btw, I believe we will be able to make the pool track letter assessed fees into a letter writing bounty account, and reward upvoted letters after they pass the approval threshold. 

Can someone please explain how the letter writing process works?

I've read the content on biblepay.org and pool.biblepay.org but can't figure out how to select a child and submit a letter.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:56:06 PM

Interesting trading day

Volume today is above 2.13 BTC or >15,000.  Price hasn't moved much. The chart says it got up to 16 sat but I don't see it in the tape; just between 9-12. 

Nice trading volume, but 90% of the volume happened in a few hours only, it seems like some investors started to invest in biblepay as it becomes popular now. Or maybe such purchase is a preparation for masternode. Anyway this is a good news.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:57:46 PM

Btw, I believe we will be able to make the pool track letter assessed fees into a letter writing bounty account, and reward upvoted letters after they pass the approval threshold. 

Can someone please explain how the letter writing process works?

I've read the content on biblepay.org and pool.biblepay.org but can't figure out how to select a child and submit a letter.

First just try to pull up a child, by clicking Active Orphans List then left click on a child.
Once you know you can see a child, then close that dialog, then right click the row, then left click Write.

Its a little hidden, but the right click context sensitive menu is there to allow us to add a slew of advanced features inside the web site pages in the future.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

Thanks @bible_pay ... got it! Smiley
coinpimp321

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:18:10 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 12:34:43 AM by coinpimp321

So we should start with the creation of a guide booklet that can lay out guidelines about what it is, and help to onload people into biblepay, explain good security and backup practices, help them understand how running the wallet helps orphans, and distribute that to churches.  This is first and foremost a charity.  I don't think Christians are early adopters in cryptocurrencies: many of the coins out there are for anything but charity.

I agree with you. Unfortunately 'Rob'  has hinted that the 10% to charities will end after the masternode sale event. He also stated he will withdraw and let the thing run on it own. I may be mistaken but that was my understanding

Not much can be known who 'Rob' is. The dns records for bibleplay.org are private. May not be his real name. The supposed charity statements have no addition clue. I wouldnt invest my money with so many layers of obfuscation. Thats not investment advice but my own level of comfort with this whole operation. Bible believing Christians hold a higher level of standard and my gift of discernment is ringing a bell.

"Those how have ears let them hear...You will know them by their fruit."
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: