Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⭐[ANN] WiC|Monetizing WiFi Sharing| ⭐🔥 App Launched! 🔥⭐  (Read 146261 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:42:36 PM

Hi dev, have u test your app when use the app to watch videos,play games,the speed is as fast as only using wifi without app?  

Hey, the speed will depend on the speed of the WiFi that has been shared and there's is not much we can do to increase the speed. But we have a plan to record speed tests in the future.

By the way, I don't know if it has been answered, will there be a way to rate the connexion quality (Ping, download, upload, crashs) ?  Because it's possible for the owner of the network to redirect most part of bandwith on his own PC even while having a good network.

Rating system and speed test records are among the planned updates.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:54:26 PM

I have tried to find any weak areas in this ICO, but so far my questions have been answered. I think we can expect to see more big partners getting on board soon!

One possible threat could be few people willing to share their Wi-Fi network, because they don't want to expose their devices on the local network and afraid to be held liable for any illegal activities performed by guests, but that could probably be solved using guest zones in the router. And this topic is probably already well-researched by hotel owners and such.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:05:21 PM

I have tried to find any weak areas in this ICO, but so far my questions have been answered. I think we can expect to see more big partners getting on board soon!

One possible threat could be few people willing to share their Wi-Fi network, because they don't want to expose their devices on the local network and afraid to be held liable for any illegal activities performed by guests, but that could probably be solved using guest zones in the router. And this topic is probably already well-researched by hotel owners and such.

I was just writing a question about that.
A lot of windows users have network sharing enabled and dont have password to protect it. Will you provide some kind of tutorial in terms of service to make sure users are protected.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:54:15 PM

I was just writing a question about that.
A lot of windows users have network sharing enabled and dont have password to protect it. Will you provide some kind of tutorial in terms of service to make sure users are protected.

Thanks! And it should not be an issue to provide users with tutorials if needed.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:31:38 PM

This looks like a great use case for blockchain technology. And the best part: it's already a working product.

It's a bit like WifiSpots from Ziggo (a Dutch internet provider, except that now you can earn from sharing your bandwidth).

The only thing that might hamper adoption is the fact that, (at least in Europe) roaming costs are starting to disappear. But even then, wifi will always be faster than 4G. And for laptops it's great to be able to go online at all.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:44:00 PM

This looks like a great use case for blockchain technology. And the best part: it's already a working product.

It's a bit like WifiSpots from Ziggo (a Dutch internet provider, except that now you can earn from sharing your bandwidth).

The only thing that might hamper adoption is the fact that, (at least in Europe) roaming costs are starting to disappear. But even then, wifi will always be faster than 4G. And for laptops it's great to be able to go online at all.

Thanks! Yes 4G is getting bigger but that's in a few big cities and most parts of the world still suffer from poor connectivity. Also, since our primary target market is travelers and tourists, the comparatively low prices should drive adoption.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:54:32 PM

Thanks! Yes 4G is getting bigger but that's in a few big cities and most parts of the world still suffer from poor connectivity. Also, since our primary target market is travelers and tourists, the comparatively low prices should drive adoption.

true and 4g sucks....im with a "big" company and the network is not even close to wifi......wifi rules  Cool
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:20:32 AM

true and 4g sucks....im with a "big" company and the network is not even close to wifi......wifi rules  Cool

In which country are you to say 4g sucks ? I used it in France, Hungaria, Germany, Cambodia, Indonesia and South Korea, when you have 4g the networks is really good and better than the wifi (Can depend on fiber or ADSL it's true) for these countries.

The problem of the 4g is the network coverage and the cost that is quite high. Some countries are even talking about 5g, which would be even better, even If I would prefer them covering more territories with 4g.
toolucky98

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:05:38 AM

In which country are you to say 4g sucks ? I used it in France, Hungaria, Germany, Cambodia, Indonesia and South Korea, when you have 4g the networks is really good and better than the wifi (Can depend on fiber or ADSL it's true) for these countries.

The problem of the 4g is the network coverage and the cost that is quite high. Some countries are even talking about 5g, which would be even better, even If I would prefer them covering more territories with 4g.

I think almost all wifi connection is using fiber optic now, especially in areas that have been covered by 4g, because surely the area is a popular area. Also because even you say that the 4g area is still limited and the price is still quite expensive, so I prefer wifi and wifi stability is still better to play online games.

I hope this project will become very popular later (even a trending topic) and then almost everyone around the world will use this app.
So wherever we go, there will always be someone who shares their wifi connection.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:47:30 AM

You are right. Roaming charges, connectivity issues, wic could solve all these hurdles for travelers like me.
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:12:18 AM

At what time you ll open crowdsale? ( by GMT)
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

At what time you ll open crowdsale? ( by GMT)

Hey, presale opens on August 15 at 8 PM GMT.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:50:14 AM

Have few more question:

Where you ll put ETH adress for invest? In your site or... ?
When you ll planning trading on Exchanges? ( and on what current Exchanges now you planning listing at first time) ?
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:59:56 AM

well, i can tell you that 4g LTE in germany is pretty good, but if you live in a rural mounty area it will get hard to maintain even UMTS or 3G, but that is a problem, every mounty rural area has to come over with it.

btw. as i heard, german telekom is already testing 5G in some areas.
firstboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

firstboy

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:04:03 AM

This is a really interesting project. While there are some issues that needed to be resolved before it can become mainstay World Wide.
However is not an issue, just have to remember Uber. Uber too faces obstacles using private cars to be taxi/cab in many countries and legislation were amended to catch up with the time. Similarly, this could be the next big thing as it is poised to be part of the "New economy" of the future.
Hence, WiC has a huge upside in terms of viability and snug perfectly in any blueprint for a new economy.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:13:25 AM

Have few more question:

Where you ll put ETH adress for invest? In your site or... ?
When you ll planning trading on Exchanges? ( and on what current Exchanges now you planning listing at first time) ?

Hey,

So when you fill the presale form we will reply to you with the payment instructions including the exact amount and payment address. You will then have 24 hours to make the payment.

We will be on at least 6 exchanges on day 1: Livecoin.net, EtherDelta, Open Ledger DEX, Coss.io, CryptoDao, Coinexchange.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

well, i can tell you that 4g LTE in germany is pretty good, but if you live in a rural mounty area it will get hard to maintain even UMTS or 3G, but that is a problem, every mounty rural area has to come over with it.

btw. as i heard, german telekom is already testing 5G in some areas.

Yes although 4G is getting improved in a few cities, most of the world still suffers from poor connectivity and low speeds and the most reliable source of internet there is still WiFi.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:34:08 AM

Yes although 4G is getting improved in a few cities, most of the world still suffers from poor connectivity and low speeds and the most reliable source of internet there is still WiFi.
Third world country are heavy users when it comes to WiFi, 4G and LTE are expensive but with the help of this project it might lower some of the bills. corporate should greatly benefit on this.
john yuan

Activity: 154

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:40:45 AM

Very good items, ordinary public participation.
WiFi provider revenue standards
How to ensure the security of WiFi providers, rather than illegal theft.
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:42:57 AM

Hi, just want to know if there's a minimum contribution on presale? thankyou
goodluck to the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: