Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:03:40 PM

sorry if i overlooked that.

how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

I think its hard to verify your data which can be faked. Its not hard to use scripts to visit different sites and create untrue data and i think this will be a major hurdle they will have to address in the future.

You open a fake facebook account, fake twitter account and etc. You make fake friends with fake followers but probably you will get an amount that it won't value the work you have done.

It would be meaningless to try such a thing.

Isnt that how people catfish idiots with online dating? Cheesy  Faking data is already happening, but it all depends how far do you want to go

Some people take it to corporate levels. Dating site giant Ashley Madison hired people to write thousands of fake female profiles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/08/25/ashley-madison-faked-female-profiles-to-lure-men-in-hacked-data-suggest/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:09:22 PM

I think its hard to verify your data which can be faked. Its not hard to use scripts to visit different sites and create untrue data and i think this will be a major hurdle they will have to address in the future.

You open a fake facebook account, fake twitter account and etc. You make fake friends with fake followers but probably you will get an amount that it won't value the work you have done.

Isnt that how people catfish idiots with online dating? Cheesy  Faking data is already happening, but it all depends how far do you want to go

Some people take it to corporate levels. Dating site giant Ashley Madison hired people to write thousands of fake female profiles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/08/25/ashley-madison-faked-female-profiles-to-lure-men-in-hacked-data-suggest/

It reminds me an article I had read some time ago. Some Asian dating site with thousands member was only had two (or maybe eight) real female profile. It was really hilarious.

FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:13:50 PM

guyzs, i am fully behind this project!

i translated the german ann thread, bounty and also the whitepaper, where i mostly learned, how this project functions and what is this all about.

i will also invest some eth into this project.

if you guys are having intentions to invest too, make your homework, get your informations, read the whitepaper, make research on the internet regarding this project and their team and then decide, if you want to invest or not. only invest what you can afford, ofc!

This is very important!
Always do your own research and never trust what other people say! Do your own research and invest in something you trust. Only you are responsible for your investment.

I did the same for this project, did my research and I this is a great project.
This is something new and its coming from Europe so I'm fully behind this project :p
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:18:10 PM

I once saw a job advertisement to click on recaptcha links for 3 hours a day Cheesy There is a lot of fake going on the Internet Cheesy
I asked this question before, how will Datum handle fake data?

nicedreams

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:26:46 PM

I once saw a job advertisement to click on recaptcha links for 3 hours a day Cheesy There is a lot of fake going on the Internet Cheesy

Right, this is an important thing in the data field. There are many useless and make up so how Datum handles that kind of data.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

you can deal with fake stuff with context based auth. monitor multiple login and location. if location is different than ask more questions for validation

Right, this is an important thing in the data field. There are many useless and make up so how Datum handles that kind of data.

jhdeanda

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

Whats the ICO Price of this Token?
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:57:30 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 03:25:35 PM by Sozialtourist

Whats the ICO Price of this Token?

Base price is 10 000 tokens per ETH. But at the public sale they will start with a bonus of ~15%.
2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:04:16 PM

Yup! The new generation of instantly connected youth shared almost everything.
Even in China video sharing and picture sharing apps are very popular.
Datum allows them to earn money while doing what they usually do.
And at the same time able to manage what to be shared. Awesome, really.

But it also costs to do what what they've already been doing for free?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:06:55 PM

We will see the true value of this project as soon as you will be able to actually sell your data, i bet the price of the coin will sky rocket after first transactions will be made.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:11:39 PM

We will see the true value of this project as soon as you will be able to actually sell your data, i bet the price of the coin will sky rocket after first transactions will be made.
Oh yes, many people are not aware how much their data is worth but believe me it's more than you might think a lot of companies buy data for a high price.

Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:15:37 PM

But First the App has to sky rocket in the App Stores. That will be the big step and the most difficult thing. The Project is great, but people have to get to know it. At that Point, when datum is established you are right, than we can party like there is no tomorrow Grin
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:28:17 PM

I honestly don't think that's possible right now. In the future they might be able to track all the data you've ever produced, analyse it to know exactly who you really are, and then weed out the fake data, but today technology simply isn't there yet, plus it'd be quite the invasion of privacy. I think the vast majority of people won't put in the effort to start creating fake data, or at least I wouldn't. Think about this, you can make money online by clicking links. Would you consider doing that? No, because it takes a lot of time and effort for a minimal compensation. Same goes for faking data, I think.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:30:18 PM

I wonder what kind of patents Datum has filed?
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:50:28 PM

But First the App has to sky rocket in the App Stores. That will be the big step and the most difficult thing. The Project is great, but people have to get to know it. At that Point, when datum is established you are right, than we can party like there is no tomorrow Grin

As soon as the app isn't just a demo anymore, but able to sell your data, it will be more popular in the app stores. And a top app will also draw the attention of new users to the idea behind Datum.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:13:33 PM

As soon as the app isn't just a demo anymore, but able to sell your data, it will be more popular in the app stores. And a top app will also draw the attention of new users to the idea behind Datum.
I think Datum will quickly take place in the leaders of the applications in the play market and app stores

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:48:58 PM

I honestly don't think that's possible right now. In the future they might be able to track all the data you've ever produced, analyse it to know exactly who you really are, and then weed out the fake data, but today technology simply isn't there yet, plus it'd be quite the invasion of privacy. I think the vast majority of people won't put in the effort to start creating fake data, or at least I wouldn't. Think about this, you can make money online by clicking links. Would you consider doing that? No, because it takes a lot of time and effort for a minimal compensation. Same goes for faking data, I think.
I agree it will not be worth the time even for people in developing countries. I think fake data is the last problem they have.

yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:51:47 PM

This project truly asserts that "information is power" and it's about time we take our personal data for our own good and not to let big companies monetize other people's data.

it's good that this projects gives people some choice on the matter, but remember there's a cost to pay for your social media and that's your data.

I guess the system will work similar to this: DATUM builds a database and sells it to a buyer interested in certain profiles. Targeted audience is the future.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

The best fact in datum is that they will create a platform that will help us to see the value of the data and our data. Its a great feature and datum can disrupt the data market with that.
FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:10:59 PM

I will use Datum for sure and I'm very curious what the value will be of my data Smiley.
Just to be curious. Cant wait to be on the platform.

It's almost ICO time! I'm counting down! Cheesy
You guys are doing great work devs, keep this up.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: