Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84823 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:45:07 PM

You don't need to pay if you want to keep your data, you just don't earn something then. Actually I wonder how the Datum project will financiate themself? Will they take a fee for every sell?

Are you sure? Then if you are a smart data seller you could use storage nodes as a free file locker or backup service.

Storing data costs money. As such, Storage Nodes are incentivized to store data

Data​ ​is​ ​stored​ ​as​ ​long​ ​as​ ​storage​ ​is​ ​paid​ ​for,​ ​by​ ​either:
● Data​ ​Source
● Data​ ​Consumer

Nothing is free Wink

unless the data is automatically deleted. then you need only keep it on your own device and delete as you go.

How would that work? Will there even be a listing on the marketplace if you did not put any data in a Storage Node? If there is no listing they how can you get offers from interested parties?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:48:38 PM

Don't know if someone already posted this but I just found in their telegram chat a calculator, however haven't checked it out yet

https://calc.datum.org
It shows that the more data you share the more it is valued and the more each source of data is worth. And their valuation is based on average revenue per user.

Yet, it's a bit vague, it doesn't say if these are the estimated annual/monthly/whathever amounts. I guess its annual.

I'd be surprised if facebook only made 30$ on my data in 1 year, I'm guessing it's monthly
It all depends on how you are using this platform. If you are active user (liking, sharing) then your data is worth quite a lot  Wink
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:03:19 PM

Very interesting project! This is where blockchain is usefull. I will think for few days about this project but I am pretty enthusiastic to invest for that kind of project.

get more information by reading the whitepaper Smiley this is really a useful project and i really hope it will rocket soon Smiley
i agree with you,first read the whitepaper then see that project have solid bases and then hard invest,the token price will go moon very very soon...
DaLiryc

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

In since the pre ico, not a lot of projects right now that can have as much impact as Datum !
Looking to see how well the ICO will go !
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:34:17 PM

Don't know if someone already posted this but I just found in their telegram chat a calculator, however haven't checked it out yet

It shows that the more data you share the more it is valued and the more each source of data is worth. And their valuation is based on average revenue per user.

Yet, it's a bit vague, it doesn't say if these are the estimated annual/monthly/whathever amounts. I guess its annual.
I also think its annual. Based on annual average revenue per user taken from companies accounting reports.

I also think it's annual, it's a lot less then I expected. But then again this is all global data and not specific data like medical, and so on.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:38:38 PM

I also think its annual. Based on annual average revenue per user taken from companies accounting reports.

I also think it's annual, it's a lot less then I expected. But then again this is all global data and not specific data like medical, and so on.

Well, you agree that it's better than nothing. now Google and Facebook, for example, simply uses such data and receives huge profits from it
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:50:41 PM

I'd be surprised if facebook only made 30$ on my data in 1 year, I'm guessing it's monthly
It all depends on how you are using this platform. If you are active user (liking, sharing) then your data is worth quite a lot  Wink

True!

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:08:47 PM

True!

Yes, and I think the more you relax data anonymity and reveal e.g. your age, sex, residence, etc. the more valuable your data becomes.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:09:49 PM

Well, you agree that it's better than nothing. now Google and Facebook, for example, simply uses such data and receives huge profits from it

This calculator is a nice idea but it lacks some basic information and it's contradictory to the $2000 annual worth of your data, like it's stated in the whitepaper.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:16:06 PM

How does this calculator work exactly? How do they know how much my data is worth if they dont know who and for how much bought it? Or is this just an average number they came up with for regular user?

I imagine that the date's worth the more a person has an important position, for example, how much would cost the data of Sia or Shakira, or a minor celebrity, like a Broadway singer or actor, or an opera singer, it should cost more, and they would be charging more for their data, so Datum mat have a system for that.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:19:27 PM

Update from the Whitepaper!

There are some new advisors on DATUM team. Let me introduce them:

Janos Barberis — founder of the rising SuperCharger accelerator. A member of FinTech Advisory Board on World Economic Forum (WEF) and Hong Kong’s Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), Janos is recognized as a Top 35 Global FinTech leader by Institutional Investor Magazine.

Joe Johnston — if there is a description of a “crowdfunding veteran”, that’s Joe. By helping startups on IndieGoGo and Kickstarter, Joe led campaigns that brought over $7 million in funding, bringing multiple ideas to life. By venturing in the world of blockchain technology, the base principle is still the same — provide maximum value for the backers of projects and work with reliable companies to bring innovation to the market.

Michael Egorov — Known as the co-founder and CTO of NuCypher, Michael is a proxy Re-Encryption expert with a rich history, working as a Senior Software Engineer at LinkedIn, Netagi, VGTRK and WorkLifeGroup. Holds a PhD with “Physics of ultracold atoms”.
niklasmato

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:20:14 PM

That's true, they can do targeted ad's and they have a huge user base of data available.
Nevertheless I'm looking forward to be able to decide what I can do with my data.
IF I want to sell it extra of just leave it to facebook to earn money on my behalf.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:21:25 PM

Alpha Application

Our alpha application is now available to a limited number of users. As we improve the performance of front-end side, we’ll be releasing the app to a large number of users in a run-up to the Beta version of the app and the launch of test network, currently scheduled for December 2017.

This is just the first of several features we’ll be unveiling soon, with a new feature to follow by the end of the week. What that may be? Stay tuned.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:24:04 PM

Alpha Application

Our alpha application is now available to a limited number of users. As we improve the performance of front-end side, we’ll be releasing the app to a large number of users in a run-up to the Beta version of the app and the launch of test network, currently scheduled for December 2017.

This is just the first of several features we’ll be unveiling soon, with a new feature to follow by the end of the week. What that may be? Stay tuned.

Daaaaaaamn so excited!!

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:29:14 PM

How does this calculator work exactly? How do they know how much my data is worth if they dont know who and for how much bought it? Or is this just an average number they came up with for regular user?

I imagine that the date's worth the more a person has an important position, for example, how much would cost the data of Sia or Shakira, or a minor celebrity, like a Broadway singer or actor, or an opera singer, it should cost more, and they would be charging more for their data, so Datum mat have a system for that.

They are getting payed for every Brand they show/ they Like in public (; so they dont need such an app. This is for the people, not for the 1% and thats why I like it. Giving something back to the normal people (Back from big companies)
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:41:31 PM

Alpha Application

Besides the new advicers for the team (it's always great to get fresh ideas) I really like the announcement of their alpha. Will be very interesting to see how their system is going to work.
niklasmato

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:44:07 PM

Alpha Application

Oh this is cool.
How can we enlist for beta-access? Is there a way to enlist ?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:50:04 PM

Great news with new advisors joining the team. Judging by the description, they are all experts at what they do and will be a great addition to the team.
I am looking forward to read some reviews about the alpha application and will try beta in December.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

Alpha Application

Oh this is cool.
How can we enlist for beta-access? Is there a way to enlist ?

Me too, i want in! Also, i don't understand the value of the collecting weather data. Doesn't that info come with my location anyway? Or have i misunderstood the point of collecting this data?
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:25:51 PM

Really nice that there is an alpha released. Its really important for investors to start to see some features and product about the project. And a beta version for December, really good, I think the datum ico will have a great sucess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: