Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:11:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84827 times)
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:44:37 PM

What will happen with unclaimed DAT tokens? Will they burned or will Datum use them for developing or community building?

29% of minted DAT tokens will be held in a reserve by the Datum Genesis Ltd. for community initiatives, user growth, business development, academic research, and future market expansion.

I think unsold tokens will go to this reserve.
Cant see anything about tokens being burned.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:51:27 PM

I entered the Datum airdrop a few weeks or month ago, but I still don't know what Datum is. A data stock market?
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:51:38 PM

What will happen with unclaimed DAT tokens? Will they burned or will Datum use them for developing or community building?

29% of minted DAT tokens will be held in a reserve by the Datum Genesis Ltd. for community initiatives, user growth, business development, academic research, and future market expansion.

That 29 percent is the amount they have planned, it wont be so good if it is changed again.
I think the best decision is to burn the unsold tokens, it will benefit both investor and Datum Genesis Ltd.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:55:34 PM

I entered the Datum airdrop a few weeks or month ago, but I still don't know what Datum is. A data stock market?

an online marketplace based on the blockchain where you can sell your own generated data. as you know your data (likes, shopping behavior, demographic info, ...) is all very valuable. Data will allow you to sell the data that gets left behind, like secret likes, cash spendings, ... so that advertisers and researchers can get the best available information to target you as a consumer

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
MiBambino

Activity: 644

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:57:17 PM

Why there is a very big gap between the soft cap and the hard cap?

Soft cap 5,000 ETH
Hard cap 153,000 ETH

More than 30x.

the soft cap needed to be reached in order to develop and advertise the coin a little more leading up to the ICO. The hard cap doesn't need to be reached, they're just aiming for that amount as a best case scenario.
From that 153,000 ETH hard cap, i think it means this project has a very big potential and so many developments they have planned to do with more and more raised amount.

Indeed, plus the team will keep a number of DAT for themselves to fund the project, so after the ICO the coins will probably gain value so they can sell them to keep innovating

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Rigorous

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:00:20 PM

an online marketplace based on the blockchain where you can sell your own generated data. as you know your data (likes, shopping behavior, demographic info, ...) is all very valuable. Data will allow you to sell the data that gets left behind, like secret likes, cash spendings, ... so that advertisers and researchers can get the best available information to target you as a consumer

Alright, thanks for explaining. So it is kind of like the information Google, Facebook and such collect through ads and sells to businesses in the form of analytics. Basically the whole internet is based on this.
ParRus

Merit: 104

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:14:47 PM

Yeah, really useful information for those who need such statistics - from marketing in our time depends everything, so I think this project is very relevant
Rigorous

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:23:30 PM

So if I understand correctly, instead of ad companies harvesting and selling our personal data to companies for profit, with Datum we can sell the data ourselves? But that means we are competing with ad companies, who years of experience in tracking our conscious and subconscious behavior.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:37:42 PM

The concept of datum really makes sense and the decentralization of our data gives us back control over them. If so many companies market and profit from them, why can not we do it? I wish the Team and the project itself good luck. I hope to invest in the course of the year. worth it
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:44:58 PM

So if I understand correctly, instead of ad companies harvesting and selling our personal data to companies for profit, with Datum we can sell the data ourselves? But that means we are competing with ad companies, who years of experience in tracking our conscious and subconscious behavior.

better now than later to have control about your data and what you want to sell, dont you agree Smiley

if fb amazon and so can make money with my data, why shouldnt i get money too Smiley?
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:32:06 PM

If you sell all the tokens very quickly, then the beta version will be released earlier or in December?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:35:56 AM

I like the idea behind Datum, because I rather sell my own data instead of let someone sell my data.

But I am not sure ... We get control about our data and will be able to sell it, but who will stop other companies from still collecting my data in the current way?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
batako

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:43:22 AM

Just realized that such data (shopping behaviour etc) has values. For me as individual, those data are worthless but after I read Datum's opening page, I got interested to know more about the benefit we can get from such data.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:33:07 AM

Just realized that such data (shopping behaviour etc) has values. For me as individual, those data are worthless but after I read Datum's opening page, I got interested to know more about the benefit we can get from such data.

hopefully the benefit will be highly valuable. the concern I have is that my data as an individual isn't worth much. what is worth much is the aggregated data of millions of individuals.

Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:51:37 AM

hopefully the benefit will be highly valuable. the concern I have is that my data as an individual isn't worth much. what is worth much is the aggregated data of millions of individuals.

Is this one of the first or the first Project/Company to offer this kind of solution. And if so, why has no one else Before tried to do the same?
Urmip16

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:41:49 AM

Nice project, waiting for the ICO
toolucky98

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:54:14 AM

They said "your data is worth $2000+ USD/year."
Hopefully that is true, and i think it will be like this : we sell our data one by one, and the buyer will buy many at once.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:16:29 AM

That 29 percent is the amount they have planned, it wont be so good if it is changed again.
I think the best decision is to burn the unsold tokens, it will benefit both investor and Datum Genesis Ltd.

Will the token be minted with every transactions or are the tokens for the sale already minted ?
Moli007

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:28:26 AM

I'm in, thanks  Cheesy
viljy

Activity: 1792
Merit: 936

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:43:53 AM

They said "your data is worth $2000+ USD/year."
Hopefully that is true, and i think it will be like this : we sell our data one by one, and the buyer will buy many at once.

Well, it's somehow a lot for personal data. Can it be $2 or $20 per year? This is probably the buyer will buy an array of data for $2000 or 20k.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: