Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:02:32 AM

Probably if DATUM will store the data in the chain, the size of the blockchain will be gigantic. It is hardly convenient. In addition, some data should dynamically change, and in a chain it is impossible. Time-varying data can be useful for statistical observations, for example, how people's preferences for some promoted product change.

Dont think data will be stored in the chain.
Maybe they should found a partnership with Siacoin Wink, also a great platform.

It would be great if they announce a partnership, also nice to see partnerships, this means devs are really working on expanding the platform.

SIA def has some cheap storage for rent due to many host Cheesy I think its good if the can mix platforms together with a storage blockchain for the data storage. Also the security on those
blockchains is top notch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:05:29 AM

I can assume that the project will accurately receive funding in the region of 5-10 million dollars, but success and need for technology time will show.

i think they will receive much more than 10million dollars. this project is very good and you can do what you want with your own data, sell it or not Smiley

Its looks nice idea... But this still only idea now. I want to see beta version at last.  Huh

yes, and i will try the beta version to.

When will the beta be available  ?

It says december 2017 in the roadmap

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:28:17 AM

I can assume that the project will accurately receive funding in the region of 5-10 million dollars, but success and need for technology time will show.

i think they will receive much more than 10million dollars. this project is very good and you can do what you want with your own data, sell it or not Smiley

Its looks nice idea... But this still only idea now. I want to see beta version at last.  Huh

yes, and i will try the beta version to.

When will the beta be available  ?

It says december 2017 in the roadmap

Nice, this is right around the corner. I know a lot of other ICOs have their product projected for Q2-Q3 2018 which seems like forever, lol

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:36:08 AM

I'm wondering why companies would go through the project platform instead of the conventional way, what is the benefits for them ?

Good question that has been asked before but not did not get a satisfying answer.

Even if one could say the buyers would be able to get a lower price from Datum's marketplace compared to Google, what is the point of buying the personal data of their prospective customers if those prospective customers are already on the same marketplace? Companies would then have to compete on the Datum marketplace to get their prospective customers' attention. And so advertisements on the Datum marketplace are born. Tongue
Ok now I understand it I hope companies will use this but what you said means that there will be no way to protect your data.

For me it's the most important question, it will decide weither the project is viable or not.

Exactly. I am not 100% convinced Datum will solve the core problem. They might merely move it, as I demonstrated. I am still doing research about Datum's value proposition and its viability.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:48:51 AM

On their Telegram dev said ICO starts on 17th October and ends on 17th November so the information in this topic is correct and on their website is written wrong.

Thank you. At last devs confirmation exact date  Roll Eyes
Is there any bonuses for investors in1-st day may be?

I think the website is right and the person responsible for communication on telegram might be wrong

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

5000 ETH in pre-sale was successful because they had 50% bonus, quite generous.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

On their Telegram dev said ICO starts on 17th October and ends on 17th November so the information in this topic is correct and on their website is written wrong.

I think the website is right and the person responsible for communication on telegram might be wrong

Here we go, ICO is again postponed and starts 29th Oct. Here an extract from the email I got today from Datum:

Hello ,

Last week, Ethereum decided on the estimated date for the Byzantium Hard Fork to be the 17th October. As previously announced, we had planned to start our public token sale on the same day.

Due to the uncertainty over the Ethereum Network stability during and shortly after the hard fork, we have decided in collaboration with our community leaders to move our public sale date to...

Sunday, 29th October 13:00 UTC (Datum ICO)

We also received feedback that the community would prefer the sale to be on a weekend rather a weekday. At the end of the day, Datum is owned by the community and we want to accommodate everyone as much as possible...

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:09:34 PM

I recently found out my Android phone saves almost all my behaviors. I can see which app i opened on what time. How long that app was used etc. Basically tracking all my behavior on my phone. Then op top of that if you
say "ok google" at any time, google page opens. Which means that the microphone is open AT ALL TIMES!! What is being recorded while we just speak I dont know....

We need our data to be protected, please hurry up DATUM!

Well, always good to believe its only your phone that works that way, but it's not  Smiley

Ye its crazy, taping of my webcams and mics on devices. If google ever gets hacked, the whole world is screwed.  pretty scary to think about. It could be a good movie or black mirror episode. Good thing Datum is trying to solve this issue!

i dont even want to think about a scenario like that - datum is a good thing

Datum is not about protecting your data but selling it. You don't OWN or protect the data, you are just selling the same data that social medias do.

That's the point. I have the feeling a lot of people think that through datum they get the control back over their data. But they don't. People will only be able to sell the date, which already exist anyways on facebook, google, twitter, or whatever media and device they are using. I like the idea to monetise your data by yourself, but to be honest, I wonder how much people will get in the end because Facebook, google whoever will not stop selling your date then.

But in the end, it will be a nice additional income if datum can bring in some companies searching for specific data.

So what if I choose not to sell it? Then it should be encrypted on the datum blokcchain, so protected right? Or am I missing something

Well, I think it will probably be save there, because it's encrypted. But as others said now, the data itself will probably not be on the blockchain, just the keys.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:12:45 PM

Data will open a possibility to manage our data, big compagnies know all of what we do on smartphone and internet. Datum will probably not solve all the problem, but can open the data economy and show us the real value of our data and manage them.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:16:19 PM

But how much is my data approximately worth? Did they a calculation?

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:16:58 PM

Here we go, ICO is again postponed and starts 29th Oct. Here an extract from the email I got today from Datum:

Hello ,

Last week, Ethereum decided on the estimated date for the Byzantium Hard Fork to be the 17th October. As previously announced, we had planned to start our public token sale on the same day.

Due to the uncertainty over the Ethereum Network stability during and shortly after the hard fork, we have decided in collaboration with our community leaders to move our public sale date to...

Sunday, 29th October 13:00 UTC (Datum ICO)

We also received feedback that the community would prefer the sale to be on a weekend rather a weekday. At the end of the day, Datum is owned by the community and we want to accommodate everyone as much as possible...

So postponing looks mandatory. If they made their ico at the date ethereum hard fork, it would have caused big problems. I can say that it was a wise decision.

ICOnow

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

Truth about ICO - ICOnow.net

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:19:31 PM

Datum ICO listed on ICOnow.net

http://iconow.net/ico-441/

ICOnow.net - ICO rating, analysis and listing
Jay2408

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:21:59 PM

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:40:54 PM

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

I think you can't really tell. It depends on how much data you want to give away and on a lot of factors regarding your  country of residence, your age, your gender, your income and so one.

If you are a 25 year old American with a high income and you are willing to give all your data away it will be worth a lot more than some poor bastard from Burkina Faso only wiling to share the minimum.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:18:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOTlH2sS1C4&utm_content=buffer0ba42&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer nice. Datum can make you money from your own data.  Data is next big thing since your all life piece is going to be digitized.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:20:02 PM

I think you can't really tell. It depends on how much data you want to give away and on a lot of factors regarding your  country of residence, your age, your gender, your income and so one.

If you are a 25 year old American with a high income and you are willing to give all your data away it will be worth a lot more than some poor bastard from Burkina Faso only wiling to share the minimum.

Lol, my next strategy should have been pretending to be a poor on facebook so they couldn't find a buyer for my data Smiley.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:20:29 PM

Nothing what could be easy told, even by devs in my opinion. So many factors are important for this. In the opening post they wrote something about 2000$ a year. Well, it can be like this, it can be much more less.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jay2408

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:44:56 PM

Lol, my next strategy should have been pretending to be a poor on facebook so they couldn't find a buyer for my data Smiley.

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:53:51 PM

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:13:47 PM

Nothing what could be easy told, even by devs in my opinion. So many factors are important for this. In the opening post they wrote something about 2000$ a year. Well, it can be like this, it can be much more less.

can you imagine what sort of information is google getting about us? form search, email, maps, etc. try looking at https://privacy.google.com/your-data.html and I think it can be much more than 2000$ !!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: