Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:31:31 PM

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.

Not if you can script it. One could even offer an online service to generate fake personal data for other data sellers. In fact even Datum could fill their own database with fake data. I wonder if they have thought of that and if they have a way to prevent it.

Fake Data is very much a thing! There is now already an adblock fork that fake-clicks on all ads on a site and creates fake traffic. The data that is collected shows an omnivorous click-stream. User tracking, targeting and surveillance makes no sense anymore.

Yes, Fake data is definitely a menace. Lot's of sites or games that depends on ads revenue do deploy such tactics.
However, I see it less of an incentive to fake one's own data. Whether it is fake or real, the data will be sold at about the same price.
Why spend so much time create a fake personal and then sell for same price?

If it can become a business model to create fake data and sell it, why would you reveal your real information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:33:21 PM

Saw that the ICO moved to the end of november...
Glad the devs listened to the community to go for the ICO after the hardfork of Ethereum.

I honestly dont think it would make a difference.
This platform is wellknown and ICO will go great.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:36:30 PM

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.

Not if you can script it. One could even offer an online service to generate fake personal data for other data sellers. In fact even Datum could fill their own database with fake data. I wonder if they have thought of that and if they have a way to prevent it.

Fake Data is very much a thing! There is now already an adblock fork that fake-clicks on all ads on a site and creates fake traffic. The data that is collected shows an omnivorous click-stream. User tracking, targeting and surveillance makes no sense anymore.

Yes, Fake data is definitely a menace. Lot's of sites or games that depends on ads revenue do deploy such tactics.
However, I see it less of an incentive to fake one's own data. Whether it is fake or real, the data will be sold at about the same price.

If it can become a business model to create fake data and sell it, why would you reveal your real information.

its not gonna make you much money you know, so you might as well just do what you do online. Theres people filling in online forms all day to make money, not something I'd like to do.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:47:20 PM

But how much is my data approximately worth? Did they a calculation?

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

I think you can't really tell. It depends on how much data you want to give away and on a lot of factors regarding your  country of residence, your age, your gender, your income and so one.

If you are a 25 year old American with a high income and you are willing to give all your data away it will be worth a lot more than some poor bastard from Burkina Faso only wiling to share the minimum.

Lol, my next strategy should have been pretending to be a poor on facebook so they couldn't find a buyer for my data Smiley.

I think you will earn the most if you pretend to be interested in brand products and fake that you are filthy rich  Cool

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:05:08 PM

Glad the devs listened to the community to go for the ICO after the hardfork of Ethereum.

Ethereum Hardfork of casper ?
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:07:46 PM

No it cant get a Businessmodel. Think about it: your hole Data from a month, how much is it worth? For sure not so much to live from it. So if you spend your time with generating fake data, you will earn less in the same time as in a normal job. Its a nice Bonus, nothing more. You are in facebook and so on, therefore you get a little reward. Thats it
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:08:02 PM

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

I think you can't really tell. It depends on how much data you want to give away and on a lot of factors regarding your  country of residence, your age, your gender, your income and so one.

If you are a 25 year old American with a high income and you are willing to give all your data away it will be worth a lot more than some poor bastard from Burkina Faso only wiling to share the minimum.

Lol, my next strategy should have been pretending to be a poor on facebook so they couldn't find a buyer for my data Smiley.

I think you will earn the most if you pretend to be interested in brand products and fake that you are filthy rich  Cool
As far as i know, the most valuable data on facebook ads is purchase behaviour.
If you pretend to but dont buy it , it will has a different value.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 06:08:25 PM

Your mobile website is having issues that will prevent people from being able to sign up to your airdrop.

The signup button doesn't work other than bringing down the captcha form but there is no button to execute the captcha.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:21:01 PM

I think the hard fork will affect on the running ICO's as the network will be clogged for many reasons. It is a good move by Datum to hold their ICO normal.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:33:24 PM

I think the hard fork will affect on the running ICO's as the network will be clogged for many reasons. It is a good move by Datum to hold their ICO normal.
These hardforks are just a nightmare. Whole BTC drama and now ETH... I like that Datum moved it's ICO date  Smiley
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:39:36 PM

These hardforks are just a nightmare. Whole BTC drama and now ETH... I like that Datum moved it's ICO date  Smiley
If this goes on, then we will watch some kind of hardfork every week  Cheesy Datum good luck in ICO!

Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:04:14 PM

I think you will earn the most if you pretend to be interested in brand products and fake that you are filthy rich  Cool
As far as i know, the most valuable data on facebook ads is purchase behaviour.
If you pretend to but dont buy it , it will has a different value.

Just look up Adnauseam. It not only blocks ads but sends fake clicks to advertisers and trackers. So what would such data be worth, created with this browser add-on active?
belechau

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:49:46 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 08:00:04 PM by niklasmato

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.
tiger5056

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

how much raised in pre-sale event?

abakr

Activity: 1736
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:58:21 PM

I'm waiting ico. To buy a few tokens for yourself.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:59:56 PM

No it cant get a Businessmodel. Think about it: your hole Data from a month, how much is it worth? For sure not so much to live from it. So if you spend your time with generating fake data, you will earn less in the same time as in a normal job. Its a nice Bonus, nothing more. You are in facebook and so on, therefore you get a little reward. Thats it
True but if everybody does it this will be a big market worth some billion $ because of that I think this ICO will be successful.

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:33:28 PM

how much raised in pre-sale event?

There wasnt a pre-sale in my knowledge.
The ICO will be at the end of this month and thats the time to buy Wink

Devs, you should change the date in the topic of this thread. It still says 17th October.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

So how much coins can a regular user of PC with lets say 1TB of free space get trough mining? Will it be even noticeable after some whales starts to share their space?

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

Yes its nice that dev choose to put the start of the ico in the end of November. The actual market is not so easy and the end of November will be better for ico I think. Datum has great potential, so even with a not so easy market the project will raise a lot !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: