Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:48:07 PM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:52:09 PM

But how much is my data approximately worth? Did they a calculation?

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

I think you can't really tell. It depends on how much data you want to give away and on a lot of factors regarding your  country of residence, your age, your gender, your income and so one.

If you are a 25 year old American with a high income and you are willing to give all your data away it will be worth a lot more than some poor bastard from Burkina Faso only wiling to share the minimum.

Lol, my next strategy should have been pretending to be a poor on facebook so they couldn't find a buyer for my data Smiley.

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.
I think you will earn the most if you pretend to be interested in brand products and fake that you are filthy rich  Cool
As far as i know, the most valuable data on facebook ads is purchase behaviour.
If you pretend to but dont buy it , it will has a different value.

Just look up Adnauseam. It not only blocks ads but sends fake clicks to advertisers and trackers. So what would such data be worth, created with this browser add-on active?

What value does that add? It sounds like a program created to be an asshole to companies

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:59:33 PM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?
This is a good question and very important. Indeed, Facebook is a huge database, and they have confidence. How long does it take to draft a weight in the market?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:16:28 PM

I noticed that Datum is also distributing free coins after ICO for everyone who participates. Is there a high chance we will see a huge dump after this token gets on exchange?

Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

Datum can benefit by having fully decentralized and transparent platform which is something that google and facebook are lacking of  Cheesy
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:36:47 PM

Datum can benefit by having fully decentralized and transparent platform which is something that google and facebook are lacking of  Cheesy
I agree, decentralization for this case fits best, data will be protected well. one single person can violate confidentiality - when there is no center, it's seems impossible
MiBambino

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

I noticed that Datum is also distributing free coins after ICO for everyone who participates. Is there a high chance we will see a huge dump after this token gets on exchange?

Chances are always high, some people look for quick profits so they buy 1000$ worth of coins at the ICO and dump them at 1200. But, the project is clearly good enough that a dump will just mean we can all buy a first class train ticket at discount price

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:48:20 PM

If developed free coins will be issued immediately, then the drawdown in the price will be, I wonder how they will solve this problem? Kickiko froze bounty coins for example.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:09:44 PM

If developed free coins will be issued immediately, then the drawdown in the price will be, I wonder how they will solve this problem? Kickiko froze bounty coins for example.

Most coins don't release their bounty coins until a few weeks after listing to prevent heavy dumping

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:04:57 PM

Datum is a interesting concept and icobench rated this project at 4.5 https://icobench.com/ico/datum Smiley
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:33:27 PM

Datum is a interesting concept and icobench rated this project at 4.5 https://icobench.com/ico/datum Smiley
good news,
it's nice when an independent rating platform puts such a high rating! Worthy appraisal
EgoPaintedGrey

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:57:47 AM

Most coins don't release their bounty coins until a few weeks after listing to prevent heavy dumping

Don't worry about it, I think they just distribute with limited coins. Dev won't let the price fall down.  Wink
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:21:17 AM

the data is trusted I think because Facebook did a lot in their power to force people use their real identity. In the last 10 years it has become 'normal' to give away personal information, encouraged by these companies. It is an interesting question how Datum will handle the same issues.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:08:11 AM

4.5 is a nice rating. Happy to see datum project getting the credit they deserve.

And this kind of ratings always make good impact on investors Wink

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:15:02 AM

the referal program https://wn.nr/gD2fjq why countdown went up to 49 days from 2 days left ?
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:31:26 AM

4.5 is a nice rating. Happy to see datum project getting the credit they deserve.

The rating is good for a project, but not always it determines the success of one, some scam ICOs got there with good marking, but it ended up attracting investors to the scam, so i personally don't see the rating of an ICO a signal for a good project, only by comparing analysis and checking the team is what tells me a project is good.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:49:31 AM

The rating is good for a project, but not always it determines the success of one, some scam ICOs got there with good marking, but it ended up attracting investors to the scam, so i personally don't see the rating of an ICO a signal for a good project, only by comparing analysis and checking the team is what tells me a project is good.

these ratings are just opinions based on current information. that's all. you can't really tell of their scams  or the projects will succeed. you still have to investigate for yourself.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:14:30 AM

the data is trusted I think because Facebook did a lot in their power to force people use their real identity. In the last 10 years it has become 'normal' to give away personal information, encouraged by these companies. It is an interesting question how Datum will handle the same issues.

Facebook is the new evil company that people dont realize yet. 20 years ago everyone thought MacDonalds was great. Now we know its unhealthy for you and they are bad for envoirment etc. Facebook now everyone thinks is great. In 20 years we realize that all the data they collected and secretly sold, or the behavior analyses they did on your personality to market you as best they can are EVIL.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:58:55 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:25:38 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

I'd say welcome in the 21st century. It's all about Data. Just look at the tech giants these days. Facebook, Twitter, Uber, they all have no intrinsic value except for the data of their users. You could even say that it's the biggest bubble ever Smiley
However Datum will give us the opportunity to take back the earnings of our data. That's actually very exciting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: