Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:52:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:42:12 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

Well, I can understand you, but on the other side, your data is already out there in the world wide web. Facebook, google, whatever company already has so many different data from you, it's insane. I remember the times, when people wanted to become their data saved by Facebook (I think it was Facebook) and they got thousends of paper full of data.
To be honest we're permanently spied by big corporations so you shouldn't worry about it much if you have clear hands. By investing in Datum you will be able to benefit on this  Wink

This is what attracts me to this project. profit from the information that I already generate by being online. easy money.

Other than that the concept is simple. Huge companies are already making money through it and we didnt even know. Now we can #TakeBackOurData.
It should be private and only be given with our permission.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:51:41 AM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

I don't think datum will take your data by asking you.

Probably they wanted to apply some kind of a program and with it, it will monitor you through your web browser and maybe on mobile. It doesn't say how they will do it but if you will gain some money off it, it should be a direct thing like that. And with every activity, you made probably make a bump on your price. Price will be based on activity.

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:56:37 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

Well, I can understand you, but on the other side, your data is already out there in the world wide web. Facebook, google, whatever company already has so many different data from you, it's insane. I remember the times, when people wanted to become their data saved by Facebook (I think it was Facebook) and they got thousends of paper full of data.
To be honest we're permanently spied by big corporations so you shouldn't worry about it much if you have clear hands. By investing in Datum you will be able to benefit on this  Wink

This is what attracts me to this project. profit from the information that I already generate by being online. easy money.

Other than that the concept is simple. Huge companies are already making money through it and we didnt even know. Now we can #TakeBackOurData.

Our data is valuable then? Tbh, because of this thread I gain a new knowledge regarding our data and I am so curious to know what we can do with it if we wanted to get profit from such data that previously I tend to ignore.
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:58:50 AM

I see it also like this. But the question is, if it´s enough you get for dealing with the company like this.
I am not shure, when you see how big the market is.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 12:17:21 PM

Exactly! I stated that earlier, most companies already have a lot of the data. I'd rather just get paid for information that I'm ok with companies having anyways Grin

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:28:57 PM

To be honest we're permanently spied by big corporations so you shouldn't worry about it much if you have clear hands. By investing in Datum you will be able to benefit on this  Wink

Exactly! I stated that earlier, most companies already have a lot of the data. I'd rather just get paid for information that I'm ok with companies having anyways Grin

That's it! You needn't give away more data as that that's 'public' anyway... and can get some money for it.  There are certainly people who would readily reveal more personal data on Datum platform in order to get more money, this data might be particularly interesting for companies to buy.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

I agree. The concept is good. Big data will be a hot topic for the next years and datum is aiming to let you make some money out of it.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:37:28 PM

Yes datum will offer a vision of the price and the economy behind our data. Its hard to understand now that all big compagnies handle all our data and how they manage and price them. Datum will permit to us to have ore control on our data and how they are sell.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:38:06 PM

Provide compute power and storage capacity to store data in the de-centralized
network. Storage Nodes are part of the BigchainDB cluster that allows Datum to
provide global scale storage of submitted data

How much stogare space every user will have? Or it will be depend of quantities tokens?
that is a good question the storage space disponibile for users will be somehow connected to the number of token possessed?...

So, can anyone answer to my question? How much storage space we will have?
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

Our data is valuable then? Tbh, because of this thread I gain a new knowledge regarding our data and I am so curious to know what we can do with it if we wanted to get profit from such data that previously I tend to ignore.
Actually as far as i know, there are not much normal people who know about this data selling/buying, they just dont realize it.
I think only business man who familiar with this thing.
So hopefully this project will make people realize about some valuable things that they havent realized yet.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:56:44 PM

what type of encryption going to be use for stored data?

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:07:00 PM

what type of encryption going to be use for stored data?

they have some info about this in whitepaper (page 8 )

Each piece of data in the Datum network is marked with usage terms during the
encryption. This way the user (the source of the data) can control in what way their data
is to be shared and used by others. The usage terms are controlled by the DAT token
smart contract.
Users have full control over whom to share data with and can fine tune their privacy
settings:
1. Share disabled
2. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers
3. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers for a minimum fee
4. Share with everyone
5. Share with everyone for a minimum fee
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:15:40 PM

Indeed, Data will be much valuable in the future. I do blieve in this project and this is for long term hold.
I agree. The concept is good. Big data will be a hot topic for the next years and datum is aiming to let you make some money out of it.

You nailed it. Big data is really becoming significant and popular and in the future this is really needed and valuable. This is an emerging market and it is here now already.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:26:53 PM

The project team announced the beginning of registration in the Whitelist:

Whitelist Registration Is Now Open

For a limited time, you can pre-register for the Datum Token Sale on datum.org.

Great they are using a Whitelist, so they know before the ICO how many people are interested in there project.
Some also ask for how much they are willing to invest, dont know if this is the case here for DATUM.

I wish DATUM all the best during the ICO end this month Smiley
It also shows that there is a huge demand for this ICO. Whitelists are a very good because it's harder to miss out an ICO.

leepfrog

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:27:59 PM

Yes but it is really ugly, I cannot stand this without getiing real comment... I see dozens newbie accounts made for this airdrops...
I havent even applied... If someone wants support he should make legitate projects.. This approach is dead from the very beggining
Only eBTC may have future I see the dev is pretty serious and he had this genious idea.. But others are like mushrooms after rain
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:28:35 PM

Great they are using a Whitelist, so they know before the ICO how many people are interested in there project.
Some also ask for how much they are willing to invest, dont know if this is the case here for DATUM.

It also shows that there is a huge demand for this ICO. Whitelists are a very good because it's harder to miss out an ICO.

They already hit their hard cap in presale which was also the soft cap of the project 5000eth.

I believe they will get good amount of funding based on what i see Smiley

stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:42:19 PM

It's an interesting concept but I'm not sure how will it perform against laws - seems to affect data protection in a way governments have not foreseen.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:57:25 PM

They already hit their hard cap in presale which was also the soft cap of the project 5000eth.

I believe they will get good amount of funding based on what i see Smiley

Goo dnews pre sale was a succes. Just regged on the whitelist to make sure I can get into the ICO
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:00:03 PM

Provide compute power and storage capacity to store data in the de-centralized
network. Storage Nodes are part of the BigchainDB cluster that allows Datum to
provide global scale storage of submitted data

How much stogare space every user will have? Or it will be depend of quantities tokens?
that is a good question the storage space disponibile for users will be somehow connected to the number of token possessed?...

So, can anyone answer to my question? How much storage space we will have?

The storage capacity may also grow with time since more and more miner will be sharing their computer space. Remember how it was with gmail in the beginning, you could barely store any data there, now you can store 15GB for free, and more if you pay.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:11:59 PM

Datum is a interesting concept and icobench rated this project at 4.5 https://icobench.com/ico/datum Smiley

4.5 is a nice rating. Happy to see datum project getting the credit they deserve.

And this kind of ratings always make good impact on investors Wink

The rating is good for a project, but not always it determines the success of one, some scam ICOs got there with good marking, but it ended up attracting investors to the scam, so i personally don't see the rating of an ICO a signal for a good project, only by comparing analysis and checking the team is what tells me a project is good.

Yes I saw on twitter Roger Ver calles bitconnect a scam, even though its listed very high on coinmarketcap. So yeah rating is good for reputation but always do your research before getting yourself into an ICO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: