Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:56:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:34:15 PM

can anyone explaine me, which perspectives and advantaes here for tokenholders? I find only this:

DAT​ ​Token​ ​Holders
Govern the Datum network and provide the “fuel” enabling transactions on the Datum network.

as described, you can decide on the way the networks is going to develope, also dat tokens are needed for transactions, therefore, dat tokens will be handled on exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:35:53 PM

can anyone explaine me, which perspectives and advantaes here for tokenholders? I find only this:

DAT​ ​Token​ ​Holders
Govern the Datum network and provide the “fuel” enabling transactions on the Datum network.

as described, you can decide on the way the networks is going to develope, also dat tokens are needed for transactions, therefore, dat tokens will be handled on exchanges.

What about storage space? I need DAT tokens for more space?
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:48:49 PM

is there any document available that provide competitive analysis with other project like enigma?

muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:58:16 PM

Could someone please tell me when the launch of the test network is scheduled? Is there any specific release date?
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:00:42 PM

Could someone please tell me when the launch of the test network is scheduled? Is there any specific release date?
According to the DATUM whitepaper (you can find it here: https://datum.org/assets/Datum-WhitePaper.pdf) the launch of the test net aka the beta release will be in December 2017. A feature complete release candidate will be deployed in March 2018.

BTC IS KING!
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:39:44 PM

this might help government and health care sector since lots of requiements
I think advertising industry will get more profit from this project than other industry

most likely, but any application of this project should be encouraged. what if the fitness devices we used sold our data thru Datum to research centers. then the info is used in research.

Our info could be used in research, science, politics, ads, Tv, etc. everywhere, also to do fraudulent schemes, so be careful where and to who you sell your data, and be careful not to be hacked, I don't think a hacker could get into the blockchain, but they could full the people into giving them the keys, so be careful guys, this project is too good to be accused of bad security when the users are the ones giving their data away by being not careful enough.

Atleast with Datum we have the choice who we want to sell it to, right now we have no idea what Google/FB and other companies do with the data the acquire.

Wait, we can choose the buyer? I must have missed this if this is true. I thought we can only sell it to highest bidder. I really don't know that would make any difference though, they can sell it again or do what they please with it.

Where did you read that we can sell data to the highest bidder? There's nothing about that in whitepaper, or at least I can't remember having seen sth like that.

Yeah I also couldnt find something like that. As I Said before: Datum will make some Deals with several companies. And than, everytime we sell our data with the App, the Data will go to these companies.

Maybe we are reading different whitepapers then? Here is a screenshot of an excerpt from page 13:

Especially point 4 where you as data seller receive requests from interested parties and can effectively negotiate a price.

Point 4 is really interesting but I am not sure if this will be from interest for companies who wants to buy data. I think most of these companies have no interest in negotiate the prices again and again with potential sellers, especially when they would have to do this for example 10,000 times Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:44:26 PM

The value is not only the data, it’s the ata you grate on your own, data about you, your habits and what you like. This is the real value of the data, and this is why many bug compagnies like amazon or google are so big, cause they manage all these data about us. Now datum will do the same and offer us a chance to see that economy and to understand it.

Exactly, it's a win/win situation. The consumers get paid for the data they want to provide. The companies get very specific data since they can state which information they are looking to collect. They can then get matched with a consumer willing to provide that set of data. It's awesome

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:28:17 PM

this might help government and health care sector since lots of requiements
I think advertising industry will get more profit from this project than other industry

most likely, but any application of this project should be encouraged. what if the fitness devices we used sold our data thru Datum to research centers. then the info is used in research.

Our info could be used in research, science, politics, ads, Tv, etc. everywhere, also to do fraudulent schemes, so be careful where and to who you sell your data, and be careful not to be hacked, I don't think a hacker could get into the blockchain, but they could full the people into giving them the keys, so be careful guys, this project is too good to be accused of bad security when the users are the ones giving their data away by being not careful enough.

Atleast with Datum we have the choice who we want to sell it to, right now we have no idea what Google/FB and other companies do with the data the acquire.

Wait, we can choose the buyer? I must have missed this if this is true. I thought we can only sell it to highest bidder. I really don't know that would make any difference though, they can sell it again or do what they please with it.

Where did you read that we can sell data to the highest bidder? There's nothing about that in whitepaper, or at least I can't remember having seen sth like that.

Yeah I also couldnt find something like that. As I Said before: Datum will make some Deals with several companies. And than, everytime we sell our data with the App, the Data will go to these companies.

Maybe we are reading different whitepapers then? Here is a screenshot of an excerpt from page 13:

Especially point 4 where you as data seller receive requests from interested parties and can effectively negotiate a price.

Point 4 is really interesting but I am not sure if this will be from interest for companies who wants to buy data. I think most of these companies have no interest in negotiate the prices again and again with potential sellers, especially when they would have to do this for example 10,000 times Cheesy

That probably applies also for data users, at least it would for me. I mean, we are talking about our data that is supposedly worth about 2000$ a year. So, when a company is interested in a piece of data I wouldn't want to negotiate back and forth if it's worth 10, 11 or 12$

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 02:43:44 PM

Being able to put a price on your data is key. You want the power in YOUR hands for YOUR data. The company that's looking to buy the data shouldn't have any leverage.

tiger5056

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:55:15 PM

are we able to run DATUM node  and receive rewards?

Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:08:43 PM

DATUM will be a great platform. Sell and control your data.
You can choose what data you want to sell to the companies.
Yeah, it's better than having google or FB making money on our own personal data.

Everyone has their own data to be honest. But what kind of data will give us a chance to get money from it? This stuff looks so interesting but I am still don't understand it well. Why people needs our data? What makes our data have value? And so on!

I think you'll be asked for specific data that you can then upload.
As for the value of data, any company wants to make money. they'll analyze your data and use this information for personalized advertisement for example.

We don't know yet how will they gather our data. I don't think that you will fill a form or upload something.

I think there will be a browser or tracker program to monitor our behavior. Maybe you will see simultaneously how much money your data is worth and it will grow with every activity.

A little bit details from dev team about this issue would be nice.

Like its today, you most likely probably won't even recognize when you "produce" some data but maybe after there is enough to be sold, you will get a pop-up message. At least that's how I picture the whole process.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:13:19 PM

That probably applies also for data users, at least it would for me. I mean, we are talking about our data that is supposedly worth about 2000$ a year. So, when a company is interested in a piece of data I wouldn't want to negotiate back and forth if it's worth 10, 11 or 12$

That's also true. You will maybe do this one or two times, but if you sell your data a lot at one point most people would just give up to negotiate because it's to annoying and time consuming.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:14:26 PM

Where is that $2000 calculated from anyway?

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone

This article from 2015 is referenced:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

Are there 66 companies that pay $30 per user yearly?

Also, a lot of data is worth much less than $30:

According to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, there are currently 270 data brokers in the world. These professionals collect all types of personal data (such as public data, loyalty cards data, etc.) and sell it. The value of this data varies, but is often below $1.

For example, general information about an individual (age, sex, locality) costs only $0.0007.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

DATUM will be a great platform. Sell and control your data.
You can choose what data you want to sell to the companies.
Yeah, it's better than having google or FB making money on our own personal data.

Everyone has their own data to be honest. But what kind of data will give us a chance to get money from it? This stuff looks so interesting but I am still don't understand it well. Why people needs our data? What makes our data have value? And so on!
Why do we really need this project? All data is already available on the internet and there is no sense in this project, as for me Embarrassed
Sure you will be able to sell your money to different companies. Those companies will buy the data from you because you offer it cheaper than facebook/twitter.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

The value is not only the data, it’s the ata you grate on your own, data about you, your habits and what you like. This is the real value of the data, and this is why many bug compagnies like amazon or google are so big, cause they manage all these data about us. Now datum will do the same and offer us a chance to see that economy and to understand it.

that is another interesting perspective to look at it. I can def see use cases in the future where are own behavioral data can be very useful when the products we use get better AI
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:36:26 PM

According to the DATUM whitepaper (you can find it here: https://datum.org/assets/Datum-WhitePaper.pdf) the launch of the test net aka the beta release will be in December 2017. A feature complete release candidate will be deployed in March 2018.

December 2017 isnt that far Smiley
The testnet will be launched a month after the ICO so thats a great reason to hold your investment. Then 3 months later they release the official platform.

So invest now if you believe in this project.
Profits will be there very soon!
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:51:14 PM

Where is that $2000 calculated from anyway?

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone

This article from 2015 is referenced:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

Are there 66 companies that pay $30 per user yearly?

Also, a lot of data is worth much less than $30:

According to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, there are currently 270 data brokers in the world. These professionals collect all types of personal data (such as public data, loyalty cards data, etc.) and sell it. The value of this data varies, but is often below $1.

For example, general information about an individual (age, sex, locality) costs only $0.0007.

this is a pretty interesting information you digged out of the internet Smiley i would really like to hear a statement from roger haenni regarding this Smiley
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

The testnet will be launched a month after the ICO so thats a great reason to hold your investment. Then 3 months later they release the official platform.

This project has been in BCT for many months, i've been waiting a lot, so a little bit more is not so bad, the testnet will be a good opportunity to test the technology, but in my case, I rather buy the tokens once I know how the technology works, not before.
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 04:34:07 PM

Yes, I will also hold my stakes at least until main net release. If you are interested in trading instead of hodling, you could sell the news of the roadmap milestones.

BTC IS KING!
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:53:20 PM

Yes, I will also hold my stakes at least until main net release. If you are interested in trading instead of hodling, you could sell the news of the roadmap milestones.

the datum tokens should be held for as long as possible if you want to make money. then again you can make new ones by selling your data Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: