Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:10:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84827 times)
stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:53:54 AM

Big data is so weirdly creepy. This just happeded: I just went to MacDonalds, maybe my phone automatically joined their wi-fi or something, but when i got home, for the first time my local food shop gives me an ad on facebook about home recepies on hamburgers.

It's all interconnected man, you data, your location, browsing habbits etc. It's why there's a need for this project.

Normally that add come from Google. When you have Google maps installed on your smartphone it automatically know where you have been.
It tracked you and saw you were at McDo zo they give you ads Smiley

Its really creepy!
It would be great if the app of Datum could block all this and store it in there app, so you have control and could sell Wink.

You are giving everything about you for free. In return, they are making your life easier like google maps etc.

I am not sure datum will any functionality about blocking them. Only you can do stop using their apps and programs. Datum will only make you earn some money for something you are giving for free.
Yeah thats true, if you dont want them to track you, why did you install the google maps?

Well Datum is fair in the way that it returns money to the users. But its true potential is providing that info to third parties.

cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:04:08 AM

Big data is so weirdly creepy. This just happeded: I just went to MacDonalds, maybe my phone automatically joined their wi-fi or something, but when i got home, for the first time my local food shop gives me an ad on facebook about home recepies on hamburgers.

It's all interconnected man, you data, your location, browsing habbits etc. It's why there's a need for this project.

Normally that add come from Google. When you have Google maps installed on your smartphone it automatically know where you have been.

Its really creepy!
It would be great if the app of Datum could block all this and store it in there app, so you have control and could sell Wink.

You are giving everything about you for free. In return, they are making your life easier like google maps etc.

I am not sure datum will any functionality about blocking them. Only you can do stop using their apps and programs. Datum will only make you earn some money for something you are giving for free.
Yeah thats true, if you dont want them to track you, why did you install the google maps?

Because he needs it. You have not the change to use a service without giving something from you. Datum is a giant stride towards equity, but does anyone of you know how much a company can make out of a user for selling his data??
That´s the important thing to know to judge datum
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:19:42 AM

Its really creepy!

Because he needs it. You have not the change to use a service without giving something from you. Datum is a giant stride towards equity, but does anyone of you know how much a company can make out of a user for selling his data??
Datum doesnt appear to protect / block your data for such things.
Datum appears to facilitate you to sell your data.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:26:54 AM

Its really creepy!

I hope they're creating some sort of blocker, like a data scrambler, so that google and facebook can't keep detecting everything. Otherwise it'll be a moot point i'm afraid. Everytime you click 'i agree' when accepting terms, you agree with the face they'll use all your data. I guarantee there's virtually nothing they don't know about you.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:29:58 AM

Its really creepy!

But the ratio of how much you and how much they get would be interesting
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:31:39 AM

I always freak out when google reminds me of my upcoming flight, feels like somebody is following me or something. That's why our data should be safely stored, because it's so easily reached and everything is so much connected.

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

I always freak out when google reminds me of my upcoming flight, feels like somebody is following me or something. That's why our data should be safely stored, because it's so easily reached and everything is so much connected.

Remember, it's not all bad. Some of this stuff is for convenience. But I'd rather consumers choose whether they want privacy or convenience.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

Yes datum has a really good timing and this project is a need for people. Whe need to have more visibility of the data market and a chance to earn money with these data instead of big compagnies who just take it for free.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 12:49:24 PM

Its really creepy!

Correct, this is exactly how I understand it as well. Datum is not offering any sort of protection, just a means for you to get paid for your data.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:52:10 PM

well, regarding the question about cutting ties with fb google maps and so on.

we as a user, will never be able to cut our ties with those companies and will still share our data with them to use their services, but we can control our data for the future by using datum and get a tiny portion of it as fiat back ><
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:06:49 PM

What do you guys think about the token allocation? 51% all DAT tokens will be offered in the public token sale, 20% goes to the Datum Core Developer and 29% to a reserve fund for future expansion.

Do you have an idea what is meant with this "reserve fund for future expansion" and what they exactly plan to do with these tokens? Is this the same reserve unsold tokens would go to?
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:11:19 PM

What do you guys think about the token allocation? 51% all DAT tokens will be offered in the public token sale, 20% goes to the Datum Core Developer and 29% to a reserve fund for future expansion.

Do you have an idea what is meant with this "reserve fund for future expansion" and what they exactly plan to do with these tokens? Is this the same reserve unsold tokens would go to?

Its may be mean for developing also or for increase liquidity or partnerships or something like this...
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:14:22 PM

Its may be mean for developing also or for increase liquidity or partnerships or something like this...

I think it's a good idea to make a fund. It allows to have funds in case of urgency or huge opportunity.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:15:22 PM

Yes datum has a really good timing and this project is a need for people. Whe need to have more visibility of the data market and a chance to earn money with these data instead of big compagnies who just take it for free.

you can install for example the epic privacy browser - this browers protects you from data collecting and shows you how often you are tracked by websites using a normal browser. its just insane
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:21:46 PM

thats exactly what it is, it's a business development fund, maybe for hiring extra devs to rebrand the website and apps, maybe for a new marketing campaign, maybe for a new office, maybe to develop new software, ...

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:32:05 PM

well, regarding the question about cutting ties with fb google maps and so on.

we as a user, will never be able to cut our ties with those companies and will still share our data with them to use their services, but we can control our data for the future by using datum and get a tiny portion of it as fiat back ><

Yes, i believe the same about this. We never stop using this but at least we can still make some profit with datum Smiley

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:38:55 PM

The biggest company to sell your data, is Facebook and Google. They have all your data with all your activities.
With DATUM now you can sell it, thats a very profitable project. Smiley
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:54:42 PM

The telegram group of Datum is getting floated now with people, almost 5k members now. Community is getting pretty big
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:52:42 PM

Reserve funds exist for almost all modern projects. It is directed as a rule to the further development of the company: Marketing, business development, scientific researchs etc.

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

Reserve funds exist for almost all modern projects. It is directed as a rule to the further development of the company: Marketing, business development, scientific researchs etc.

In a project like Datum, which in the future will have plenty of space to expand not only in the commercial segment but also in several other types of Companies and Organizations, it is indispensable to have a reserve fund that makes the project self-sufficient even after ICO. This is organizational intelligence and programming and shows how much this Team is prepared
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: