Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Money above all things, Yes or no ?  (Read 23799 times)
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:00:41 PM

Money is good to aspire for because with money, you can do everything but its also one of the things that have caused the increase in social menace in the society in most part of the world with several people especially in third world countries and developing countries doing every means necessary to get rich. Some will burgle, others will engage in armed robbery which might lead to killing of innocent lives, others will engage in online fraud among other immorality just because of money. For me, I love to have money but not by all means necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:53:20 PM

Money is everything for our secondary needs. But can not give kebahagiasn completely. There is still God to be in priority. Because only God has everything for us.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

If you prioritize or love money more than yourself or your family it would lead you to do wrong things because if you make money above all things for you, you will become greedy and even do everything to gain it even if you rob or cheat to people you will do it because of money.
Bone Collector

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:21:55 PM

In my opinion yes money is priority but not above all things actually. I want to earn a lot money to secure living and have a better life, but I dont disrespect or hate others I also pray to God and I will always remember even Im busy sometimes. Money is not the one making people evil but the people itself are creating their own evil out of money they have.
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:24:33 PM

Practically speaking yes because the money can buy everything that has a value but almost all of the things here in earth have a value equivalent or money and can be buy.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:29:17 PM

I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?

Dear OP, I'm a firm believer that money is nothing but a tool. People act the way they do not because of money itself but what it allows them to do. If you would have been generous but was a cheapskate when you were poor, becoming rich might bring out your generosity. If you've always been stingy, not all the richness in the world will make you generous.

Same with those kids you are talking about not respecting their old folks. They could have acted that way before but because of financial dependence on the elders, didn't. A truly dutiful son or daughter would be caring and respectful whatever station in life they are in.

You're on a forum that deals with money, so what do you expect?   And aside from the Muslim population,  there are probably more atheists than theists around here.  Just based on what I've seen.

Hell yes I'd rather be earning money rather than going to church.

Other than that, no, it's not the primary purpose of my life.   Happiness is, and money is by no means happiness.   Currently I'm just a cranky old fart and am actively seeking both happiness AND money.

Agreed with you. It's mostly Muslims and atheists I see arguing here. Money is quite important for maintaining a basic level of happiness so can't really blame people for going after the dough.
bebejhen

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:36:55 PM

Definitely my answer is No. Money is not above all things. I believe that money is a fruit of evil. I mean lack of money is a fruit of all evils. But money can't buy happiness.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:08:50 PM

Money is a surething ware  for every living person but for me money comes in secondary needs after god.
The reason why dishonesty has became common in this world is forgetting our god to worship.
We must pray our god before hanging ourselves in money.

Fact! Money is just a simple paper who feed starving stomach but it doesnt it should be above God, love , reapect and even the law, its just one of the brainchild of humanity in the past centuries for trading industry and colonialism strategies but to be the center of our lives? It shouldn't be.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

Money is good to aspire for because with money, you can do everything but its also one of the things that have caused the increase in social menace in the society in most part of the world with several people especially in third world countries and developing countries doing every means necessary to get rich. Some will burgle, others will engage in armed robbery which might lead to killing of innocent lives, others will engage in online fraud among other immorality just because of money. For me, I love to have money but not by all means necessary.

I guess that's too much if having money for that kind of strategy of engaging with crimes such as humiliating other people just for their personal intentions to generate easy money by their wrong doings. You're right in a sense that money making will be rewarding if we really take it by means of working so hard from online micro jobs like in partcipating campaigns, trading investments and other digital currency businesses related financial establishment. It can be in other ways like having passive income through business from fiat currency.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:45:49 PM

Money is essential, it is needed for you to live and it makes the world go around but I don't think that money is everything. Sure enough, you would need money to get around but there's more to life than that. Just take a look at some of the billionaires who have huge amounts of money yet they are not satisfied with their lives. Definitely,
money can get you a lot of things but is not everything.

It's sad to see how money gets to most people and has brought about greediness. Like what OP said, some people have given too much focus on money to the point where they lose values towards other things such as religion and respect.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Definitely my answer is No. Money is not above all things. I believe that money is a fruit of evil. I mean lack of money is a fruit of all evils. But money can't buy happiness.
I do not think so, because the money really is everything, travel, food or shopping,... all will need money, money is the cause of social evils such as theft, murder. If we have money, the consequences will never be so serious, you say money can't buy happiness, I think it is a wrong thinking, the condition of a long-term happiness is money, if you do not have money, happiness will end soon

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

That’s great if you are having high moral values. If all the persons start doing this; earning by moral and ethical means. That’s the reason why crime rate is damn high in third world countries. In a way, they are also not doing all this by their will. They just need to do all this for feeding their families and fulfilling their basic needs.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:25:30 PM

Yes acctually money is everything for me. But it dsnt make more then my family and friends. I spend almost all of my day behind money but for now its quite important for me to become stable. Money dosent matter for those who already have plenty but for me for now money matters a lot. I collect smallest amount to make me rich one day.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

Taking the modern view points into the consideration ever one is in a race to earn money not just to fulfill the basic needs but also for the betterment of living and for a bright and cheerful future. And this could only be possible in the current scenario with help of money. Practically, all these conditions puts money a edge over to all the other things.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:10:47 PM

This is a rather philosophical question and depends on the person's world view. There are people for whom money and material things do not mean anything. On the one hand, money is more important than things, because we can not own anything if we do not have money. But on the other hand, money means nothing, if there is nothing that we can buy.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:29:48 PM

Of course not. My opinion is that the greatest treasure of man is his health. Without this, no amount of money will not bring happiness and health cannot be bought with money. Yes, you can extend its life due to the use of expensive treatment, but health not buy.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:21:08 PM

Money might be defined as a representation of productivity, innovation, work, time, etc.

$100 could represent a quantity of work/time.

Perhaps its not money people worship so much as the quantity of time and work(productivity) it represents.

Huh
SpearTackle

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:59:09 PM

Money is important. It is used to get things we like or need, both material and non-material. But for me, money is not the most important thing. There's are things that are more valuble than money like the things that can make us a better person in the future
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:12:48 AM

Money is just a tool for ensuring my life and then one who i love. It will never be above respect and values, it doesnt makes me better than others. I work hard for it, but never measure me for the amount of money i have, i'm like all of you guys.
You're right we may say we need  money but the real reason behind this is we just want security for our future that no member of our family that will starve,  that we can buy things  we want, travel and more but in the end of the day we are all the same.

Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:17:01 AM

Yes acctually money is everything for me. But it dsnt make more then my family and friends. I spend almost all of my day behind money but for now its quite important for me to become stable. Money dosent matter for those who already have plenty but for me for now money matters a lot. I collect smallest amount to make me rich one day.

Money is only important when you don't have enough of it.This is an issue that we all want to understand. We all understand that money is important for survival.For me, money matters most because it cover our basic expenses  which are food ,clothes and shelter.  Money has caused many problems but still money is a large part of my life, I need at least little money to be happy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: