Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:45:39 AM

#bitcoin2013 Butterfly is also building a wallet device.  At least two months til availability. pic.twitter.com/fqKmLuO7KB

Two months? TWO MONTHS? TWO MONTHS?!?!?!? hahahahahahahahaha
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:57:53 AM

God forbid your speculative order of speculative technology from a speculative company that you planned to use to mine a speculative currency doesn't go through.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:28:54 AM

Tell me, what does it feel like to be "stupid"? Is it painless? Does it hurt at all (especially around the head area)?

2 nil - you are cooking man - warning - others will have an asic soon

Hey did you hear Puetro has 60 GH/s happily mining away but actually it is more like what 68? Right ?... wonder where he got that? Right AVALON... the only company to deliver.

If you want I can keep bragging for him if you want?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 02:57:39 PM by HTML5 Gordon

Tell me, what does it feel like to be "stupid"? Is it painless? Does it hurt at all (especially around the head area)?

Hey did you hear Puetro has 60 GH/s happily mining away but actually it is more like what 68? Right ?... wonder where he got that? Right AVALON... the only company to deliver.

If you want I can keep bragging for him if you want?

Well, Avalon isn't the only company to deliver ASICs (ASICMiner has the fastest shipping I've seen yet), but BFL likely won't deliver anytime soon, that's for sure.
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

#bitcoin2013 Butterfly is also building a wallet device.  At least two months til availability. pic.twitter.com/fqKmLuO7KB

Two months? TWO MONTHS? TWO MONTHS?!?!?!? hahahahahahahahaha

Not important though. A hardware wallet is a lot easier to do, and there is not much point in ordering one before they are ready to be shopped. No train to leave any stations etc. -Totally different animal.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:23:59 PM

(Added to main topic)

If you are a former, or current customer of Butterfly Labs, and are disgruntled and fed up with how they have conducted themselves over the last year, I would urge you to contact the following agencies and filing formal complaints.

The more light we shed on Butterfly Labs' business practices, the more chance we have to effect positive change and hold them to anything resembling responsible accountability to their customers.

https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/ - Missouri Attorney General Customer Complaints Deptartment
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - Federal Trade Commission Customer Complaint form

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0 - "Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence" is a good thread highlighting historical issues with Butterfly Labs' officers that should document concerns and facts.

I would urge you to not openly complain on these forums if there is any way Butterfly Labs can trace it back to your orders with them. They have demonstrated a will to punitively cancel and refund orders.

Finally, I would be lying if I didn't have a slight concern of someone affiliated with BFL showing up on my doorstep and confronting me for creating this thread, seeing as how they know where I live, given their checkered history. But lets just hope that's my paranoia kicking in.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:50:56 PM

(Added to main topic)

If you are a former, or current customer of Butterfly Labs, and are disgruntled and fed up with how they have conducted themselves over the last year, I would urge you to contact the following agencies and filing formal complaints.

The more light we shed on Butterfly Labs' business practices, the more chance we have to effect positive change and hold them to anything resembling responsible accountability to their customers.

https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/ - Missouri Attorney General Customer Complaints Deptartment
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - Federal Trade Commission Customer Complaint form

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0 - "Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence" is a good thread highlighting historical issues with Butterfly Labs' officers that should document concerns and facts.

I would urge you to not openly complain on these forums if there is any way Butterfly Labs can trace it back to your orders with them. They have demonstrated a will to punitively cancel and refund orders.

Finally, I would be lying if I didn't have a slight concern of someone affiliated with BFL showing up on my doorstep and confronting me for creating this thread, seeing as how they know where I live, given their checkered history. But lets just hope that's my paranoia kicking in.

OOOOOH, it's amazing how strong the butthurt is with this one! He's gone completely sour grapes over the whole thing, and now wants to make sure that he can disrupt the company enough that nobody else gets their orders either.

What. A. Tool.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:47:28 PM

(Added to main topic)

OOOOOH, it's amazing how strong the butthurt is with this one! He's gone completely sour grapes over the whole thing, and now wants to make sure that he can disrupt the company enough that nobody else gets their orders either.

What. A. Tool.

Isn't a 'wrench' a tool? Tongue

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:28:49 PM

Can you guess what he does with that tail?
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:05:21 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 10:42:40 PM by nottm28

But you have been refunded - who are the 'we', from now on ? - not you.

Basically you posted too many posts slagging off bfl - they got pissed too and refunded you - what more is there ? (apart from PuertoLibre putting his oar in as always because he wants to remain 'I am an ASIC miner' - google 'I am ASIC miner' and you find PuertoLibre ...)

[EDIT] - I love the fact that you posted publicly that you 'ignored me' - which you never did I bet - so if you reply you look like a liar - sweet

donations not accepted
centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:16:42 PM

But you have been refunded - who are the 'we', from now on ? - not you.

Basically you posted too many posts slagging off bfl - they got pissed too and refunded you - what more is there ? (apart from PuertoLibre putting his oar in as always because he wants to remain 'I am an ASIC miner' - google 'I am ASIC miner' and you find PuertoLibre ...)
Don't he have like 60Gh/s of ASIC mining power?

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
nottm28

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:18:16 PM

Yes he does - and he is hell bent of advising bfl customers to get a refund - why is that?

Warning: If other people get an asic then I will earn less. It could be a scam!

donations not accepted
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:23:05 PM

You do realize that is a good thing, right?

It ultimately means that Blocks will be resolved much quicker (short term profits) but long term it means very high difficulty much sooner than expected without those ASICS. In that sense, everyone benefits in the short term, while the long term the profits decrease sharply.

Anyway, From that post you linked up above, I learned that *CPU miners* are already being "pushed out" in terms of profitability. It also taught me how much GPU miners actually make and how they (really) don't like how profitability is going down the tubes for them.

Since then I have employed "pool hopping" in a strategic way, by way of server controlled automation. So I am making nearly what I was making when I first got my ASIC back in March 2013. There are always solutions to various problems (if you are creative enough) and always more than one way of seeing things, my friend.

That is why I think you misunderstand what I am actually thinking or my position on alot of different topics. From your replies, I can gather you aren't dumb nor the ordinary type of shill. Possibly just not very thoughtful or careful when writing posts.

Feel free to prove me wrong on this. I don't mind if you shill as long as it is logical as in, well thought out with ample common sense. Shills aren't bad people when they simply take a different point of view. When Shills take stupid positions based on bad information (which is often) or distort reality to make things fit (by excluding reality and dropping common sense) then that kind of shill is usually despised.

Same for trolls. If you are gonna troll, use some common sense and make sure it is based on something plausibly real. Just pulling shit out of ones own ass (as in the monkey above) does not benefit your position or your stance on any given situation.
nottm28

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:36:39 PM

... lots more stuff..

One minute you call me stupid, then you can gather 'I aren't dumb nor the ordinary type of shill'

I'm going be blunt and put my accusations about you right out there - you want bfl to fail, you actively scare monger (look at your sig) and encourage customers to get a refund. I respect that you were clever enough to be one of the early adopters - I really do (my friend back at you) - but 'I am ASIC miner'...

I know it might be painful for the rest of the world to 'catch up' with you but it's going to happen (my friend).

donations not accepted
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

Yes he does - and he is hell bent of advising bfl customers to get a refund - why is that?

Thats why my sig says to invest :MOAR: (bitcointalk speak for "More").

I think BFL will deliver in a few months. If at all.

When they do deliver, I have deep doubts it will be in a sufficient volume that will satisfy customers. Do the math on how many days there are from today to the end of the year. Then divide those days by the number of orders you think you will have to wait to go out the door before they get to you. That alone will give a strong indicator of what volume BFL will have to meet to appease customers.

I am not in the queue so it doesn't matter to me if people do or don't stay. I have done my part and told everyone what I think. At this point, only the stupid or hopeful would stay without positive indicators. (IMO)

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:44:24 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 09:41:06 AM by PuertoLibre

I only see people hanging on for a long stretched out hope that they will get a miner sometime soon. I don't think the current status of BFL indicates this is likely. If they lose their money, they won't be putting it in elsewhere. Usually I am a pessimist. So you will have to take that into account when reading my texts.

People are free to stay with BFL and hang on for as long as they want. In either scenario, I have thought of a winning strategy. The only people who eventually will lose out are those that may overstay in a bad situation due to mis-placed hope.

If the orders go out too slowly then BFL will fuck with peoples minds...just like they did a few weeks ago. Making it appear as if people were suddenly getting their orders. Instead a bunch of reviewers and BFL Shills got hardware. In many cases hardware they didn't even order.

If you don't know this, then you should read BFL forums.

To keep the smoke screen up, they had jody seemingly post that orders were going out. They had everyone agree that they wanted their order or a refund. Then they kept people in the dark about how many orders were going out each day. This is what is called blowing smoke up a customers ass.

Josh was forced to acknowledge that the [total] stream of 35 prototype orders came to a grinding halt no sooner than it started.

Now they tell people (new false hope) that they have an incredible 100 chips coming in "soon". Followed by unspecified "hundreds" "next week".

OMG, how people can be strung along with hope...

Truly, a machiavellian is at the head of BFL, in my opinion, LOL. I'll put my money on BFL if there is no better option afforded to me. Otherwise I will look for Avalon Clones or real Avalons.

When BFL ships in quantity and they can keep the production levels nice and high and run through their order queue at a decent speed...then I will put money down. Not before. Right now, BFL is a time bomb where everything that can go wrong, has. In light of that reality I am letting common sense take helm and not misplaced hope.

If every BFL customer did that, they would probably be better position to handle the situation. Right now, BFL has them by the nads (gripped tightly). (In my opinion)

I am a wait and see spectator at this point. I will just keep pointing out the obvious. People can take heed or get squashed by the situation they should have noticed.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:46:51 PM

Can you guess what he does with that tail?

Money. Tail. I've been looking for a place to link this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DnQxOIUaU
nottm28

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:51:47 PM

rant after rant after rant

Nothing new.

I made open public accusations against you - answer them

donations not accepted
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:52:58 PM

... lots more stuff..

One minute you call me stupid, then you can gather 'I aren't dumb nor the ordinary type of shill'
I am perplexed. I noticed you aren't doing what the typical shill normally would do.

So I suspect you are "acting" the part.

I'm going be blunt and put my accusations about you right out there - you want bfl to fail, you actively scare monger (look at your sig) and encourage customers to get a refund.
(Read Carefully) Look at my sig, it says to invest MORE into BFL until they are ready to give a firm date.

Anyone with common sense wouldn't. Those without common sense eventually will despite what I say. It is something for you to think about.

I respect that you were clever enough to be one of the early adopters - I really do (my friend back at you) - but 'I am ASIC miner'...
There is no clever. It was a risk, I took it. I am just lucky.

Intelligence does not define who ended up with bASIC, BFL, Avalon or ASICMiner.

It was a choice of what kind of miner you wanted, what you were willing to pay for it, who you thought would succeed etc.

The factor of intelligence plays no role back in October 2012. Intelligence plays it role long after the due date. When everyone knows what the situation is...and still stays.

Everyone else (except bASIC) flourished. BFL is still on life support.

I know it might be painful for the rest of the world to 'catch up' with you but it's going to happen (my friend).

Alright? You keep making it sound like there is a plan in my mind to exclude people from ASIC technology. There isn't. There is a plan to keep people from losing their money.

Though I am not going to force people to protect themselves. That is up to them. They already have people like me pointing out what they don't know or pointing out what they already do know. The rest is up to them. They decide what will happen next with their money and where they put it.

nottm28

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:00:07 PM

more stuff as usual including this:

(Read Carefully) Look at my sig, it says to invest MORE into BFL until they are ready to give a firm date.

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver to customers for > 165+ Days

yawn

No answer to 'open public accusations'

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: