Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59146 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:36:46 PM

What are you trying to find? Bitching and moaning from the OP? Hint: it's on every page of this thread, and most pages of most other threads involving BFL.  Wink

Hardly surprising. People tend to complain when they're constantly lied to.

Seems to be a small handful of people making all the noise?

That is part of the problem. There is so much evidence about the history of BFL that people just see a wall of text and refuse to read it. Thus it just comes across as "noise".

Since we cannot rely on people to read, we have to continuously dispel nonsense brought up by the Wrenchmonkeys of the world.

There's also a difference between what I said, and what you actually accuse me of saying. I didn't say I was an "expert" on anything. I said I've read plenty of legal documents.

The questions was asked why anybody would place an order with a company who X,Y,Z. I responded as to why I (being one of those people) placed an order with said company, in spite of X,Y,Z. And was attacked for it. Don't ask the fucking question if you don't want the answer.

@wrenchmonkey
Perhaps if your posts were not laden with false statements, the community might be less hostile towards you. Also, you could lessen your use of the terms "troll", "douche", and such. Continuous name calling is one of the tactics BFL PR uses on these forums and it does not engender feelings of respect.

Finally, you might spend a little time reading before you make ridiculous assertions. Weirdly, you are not the first account on bitcointalk to suggest that Mr. Vleisides was the victim of evil government or media machinations. I expect you will not be the last. From our point of view, it is you and those like you that sounds like the broken record. Just another low post account who either hasn't read any history behind the issues, or is deliberately clouding the air for reasons unknown.

@ bitcoiner49er
Love your analogy extension. No cats, but still excellent internets.  Cheesy

You keep accusing me of false statements, but you're unable to produce any. Who is the broken record?  Roll Eyes

You said the IRS indicted Sonny. I corrected you.
You said it was an IRS witch hunt. I corrected you.
You just said you made no false statements. I have now corrected you.
You will continue to make false statements in support of BFL for reasons that are not clear.

No, you're playing the semantics game. The US DOJ files indictments for the entity that requests it. In this case, the IRS.

I said that it appears to me to be little more than an IRS witch hunt (statement of opinion, not of fact, and not up for debate in terms of "false statements"),

The US DOJ would have been merely accessory to (since they're the ones who actually do the prosecution, once a case/witch hunt gets turned over to them).

They apparently weren't given a particularly strong case, however, throwing out most of the charges in exchange for avoiding a trial (for which they have unlimited funding). Federal prosecutors only care about a conviction rate. If they think they don't have a particularly strong case, they'll throw out most of it in exchange for a mere conviction. If they actually thought he was a bad guy, they would've thrown the book at him, knowing that they with a strong case, and unlimited funds, they would eventually bury him.

Come on, you can do better than that. You've been accusing me of making false statements since well before this even came up. Getting desperate?

"Witch Hunt" involves somebody being accused of a crime that

1) They have not committed or innocent
2) Based on very flimsy circumstantial evidence that can somehow link them to this crime
3) Some bias or agenda being perpertrated against said person for ulterior motives

Now Sonny the convicted felon is none of the above

So by that reasoning your statement is false....

Oh and BTW  SUCK IT monkey boy....  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
nottm28

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:39:16 PM

... I must admit, it's been amusing watching you "super sleuths" perform your mental acrobatics ...

Funny wm - keep posting my friend you have me in stitches sometimes.

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

... I must admit, it's been amusing watching you "super sleuths" perform your mental acrobatics ...

Does that mean you think Sonny was innocent of the mail fraud charges? That he was just a victim of a witch hunt?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
nottm28

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:44:43 PM

Oh and BTW  SUCK IT monkey boy....  Cool

Clever comment man - I take it you:

1) Don't have a BFL order.
2) Don't want a BFL order (unless they start shipping - then you will have known it was a good idea all along).
3) Don't want anyone else to get an ASIC because it will slow your hash rate down (like puerto).

donations not accepted
nottm28

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:47:04 PM

Does that mean you think Sonny was innocent of the mail fraud charges? That he was just a victim of a witch hunt?

2) Don't want a BFL order (unless they start shipping - then you will have known it was a good idea all along).
3) Don't want anyone else to get an ASIC because it will slow your hash rate down (like puerto).

I don't know whether I care about Sonny tbh - I have an ASIC order and that pisses peops off on this thread... How would I know?

donations not accepted
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:53:30 PM

"Recommend" is another word for "Request" in this instance. Now then, is it your assertion that the IRS was not, in fact, involved in this case, or are you merely trying to obfuscate the issue more?

Simple question. Yes or No. Was the IRS involved in the case that was brought against Mr. Vlesides?

I don't have to obfuscate anything. I posted links to every legal document filed in United States v. Vleisides et al. You posted that you read somewhere on the internet that it is cool to defraud retired senior citizens of their savings.

Yes. The IRS was involved in that investigation.
I am glad you backpedaled from IRS indicted him, to IRS was involved in the investigation. The evidence presented to the grand jury did include tax returns filed by the defendants to prove the income flowed from the lottery scams to their personal funds. IMO, the IRS criminal investigation unit should be consulted in financial crimes committed by US citizens. Tax returns are great way to establish ownership of funds and mens rea. Of course, if they didn't declare the funds on their taxes you have them for tax evasion.

The US postal inspectors are currently responsible for investigating mail fraud, which is what the defendants committed, were charged with, and were convicted of. You should be building a conspiracy theory against the USPS.

And regarding your other nonsense about the copper:
I don't think you are Sonny, he seems way more competent than you. I just find it interesting that you felate BFL, you think mail fraud scams are cool, and you also invested in copper. Of course, you provide absolutely no evidence what so ever and whenever you are proven a liar you just backpedal and pretend nothing happened.

So then why have you been pretending that the IRS wasn't involved? Here's the recap:

1. Somebody asked why anybody would do business with BFL, knowing Sonny was involved, and knowing the history of Sonny.
2. I responded that I didn't believe that the case really consisted of much more than an IRS witch hunt (answering the question as to why I don't have any major reservations in dealing with him.
3. You try and distort things and pretend that the IRS wasn't involved.
4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it), since you don't have an acutal arguemnt.
5. You continue to try and distort.
6. You dig up some random post I made on a precious metals thread about having used copper as a sort of 'poor mans gold' because base metal costs are rising, and try and twist it into an association with some obscure correlation with some alleged "penny scheme" because pennies are ALSO made of copper.

"Hmmm, copper. And what's ALSO made of copper?"
"A penny!"

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:31:24 PM

I must admit, it's been amusing watching you "super sleuths" perform your mental acrobatics trying to find some bizarre attack to try to discredit me with. The outlandish conclusions you've come up with (and continue to come up with) only reinforce my opinions that the same crazy antics that are being used to try and discredit me, for no apparent reason, are the same tactics used to try and discredit Sonny.

There's no need to discredit Sonny. He's a convicted felon. He discredited himself when he got involved with illegal activities and got caught. You seem to think felonies are no big deal. Is that because you have some on your own record?

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:49:10 PM

"Recommend" is another word for "Request" in this instance. Now then, is it your assertion that the IRS was not, in fact, involved in this case, or are you merely trying to obfuscate the issue more?

Simple question. Yes or No. Was the IRS involved in the case that was brought against Mr. Vlesides?

I don't have to obfuscate anything. I posted links to every legal document filed in United States v. Vleisides et al. You posted that you read somewhere on the internet that it is cool to defraud retired senior citizens of their savings.

Yes. The IRS was involved in that investigation.
I am glad you backpedaled from IRS indicted him, to IRS was involved in the investigation. The evidence presented to the grand jury did include tax returns filed by the defendants to prove the income flowed from the lottery scams to their personal funds. IMO, the IRS criminal investigation unit should be consulted in financial crimes committed by US citizens. Tax returns are great way to establish ownership of funds and mens rea. Of course, if they didn't declare the funds on their taxes you have them for tax evasion.

The US postal inspectors are currently responsible for investigating mail fraud, which is what the defendants committed, were charged with, and were convicted of. You should be building a conspiracy theory against the USPS.

And regarding your other nonsense about the copper:
I don't think you are Sonny, he seems way more competent than you. I just find it interesting that you felate BFL, you think mail fraud scams are cool, and you also invested in copper. Of course, you provide absolutely no evidence what so ever and whenever you are proven a liar you just backpedal and pretend nothing happened.

So then why have you been pretending that the IRS wasn't involved?
I wasn't pretending anything. I was the person posting links to the documents that demonstrated that it was not "an IRS witch hunt" like you portrayed it.

Here's the recap:
1. Somebody asked why anybody would do business with BFL, knowing Sonny was involved, and knowing the history of Sonny.
2. I responded that I didn't believe that the case really consisted of much more than an IRS witch hunt (answering the question as to why I don't have any major reservations in dealing with him.
#2 demonstrates your total lack of knowledge of the case. I posted links to the documentation that proved that your statement was false. You continue to deny in the face of overwhelming evidence. This proves you are incapable of rational thought when it comes to Sonny et al.

4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it), since you don't have an acutal arguemnt.
Here is you making more things up. My post history speaks for itself. Yours speaks of a BFL sycophant desperate to deflect criticism and the disclosure of facts. For anyone else interested in the facts you can read them here: http://www.plainsite.org/flashlight/case.html?id=1500526

6. You dig up some random post I made on a precious metals thread about having used copper as a sort of 'poor mans gold' because base metal costs are rising, and try and twist it into an association with some obscure correlation with some alleged "penny scheme" because pennies are ALSO made of copper.

That was not me. Then again, if you could read we wouldn't be having this discussion.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:04:59 AM

You , or your troll clones. I am posting from my phone, so I cant go digging through 30+ pages of you people's bullshit in order to pick names. Apologies if you werent the on who originally brought it up , but you certainly havent failed to latch onto it as thoughit is something of any significance... Roll Eyes

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:08:18 AM

You , or your troll clones. I am posting from my phone, so I cant go digging through 30+ pages of you people's bullshit in order to pick names. Apologies if you werent the on who originally brought it up , but you certainly havent failed to latch onto it as thoughit is something of any significance... Roll Eyes

Apology accepted.

YipYip

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:46:37 AM

I don't know whether I care about Sonny tbh - I have an ASIC order and that pisses peops off on this thread... How would I know?

1) Had an order from Nov that I cancelled in Feb
2) Would rather eat my own testicles than buy/support/enable this type of behaviour in our community
3) I have 20 rigs mining LTC since kicking ASIC's and BFL to the curb and have been minting $6-8k a month ever since..so i am pretty happy about making the decision to cancel my order

The beauty about the BTC\LTC ecosystem is that it is a self regulating.... and it does not revolve soley around hash rate and coins per day... I am into crypto for more than just mining and encourage everyone to mine as part of brining more pple to this world and making mainstreaming crypto a closer reality (I have been happy to share 6 months of mining XP with others and help give them a leg so to speak with their mining endevours)

Currently have a big project in the works that will be a really good value add to the LTC community that I am working with 2 other devs

So is my approach  your simplistic view of less miners more money for me ideology ... i beg to differ

Oh and BTW you can "SUCK IT TOO nottm28" ....lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:57:03 AM

1) have a keyboard
2) have some other input device
3) have some sort of LCD or CRT upon which to display the content of posts in this forum

If you have an ASIC order with BFL, you have our pity not our enmity.
You should probably care if the president of BFL (as far as the state of MO is concerned) was convicted of a major fraud. How would you know what?

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:00:29 AM

Whoa.
$6-8k monthly.
If I could pull that off for a year, I would reinvest half, after a year, sell my house, pack my rigs, family and pets and move.

Belize?
Costa Rica?
Guatemala?
Suriname?

Ohh, the choices.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 03:15:46 AM

6: That was me, and "penny scheme had nothing to do with Sonny. It was his real dad in the 80's.

1: It has nothing to do with Sonny as an (ex)felon, and everything to do with similarities being repeated at BFL.

2: Maybe the IRS witch hunt is true, but even if Sonny was never arrested, his history is more than enough to raise red flags.

3 & 5: I'm not in this race.

Which brings us to numero quatro (4, for those who needed watch Dora the Explorer as kids--which I didn't, for I'm 53).

You spelled acutal & arguemnt incorrectly. Did you know there's an app for that if you're using a smartphone? But that's not what's important, for I don't believe there's an app to correct what you MIGHT claim to be an error. Allow me to quote it again:

4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it)

Is it just me, or is that something Sonny would say, and not wrenchmonkey? The keyword is "me" oppose to "him" or "sonny", for I don't recall anybody accusing you (wrenchmonkey) of ripping off old ladies of their pensions.

Up to this point, it never occurred to me that you're Sonny, though Josh may have crossed my mind a time or two. But now I'm thinkin' differently.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:09:09 AM

I guess one way of testing this hypothesis is getting Sonny put back behind bars, there certainly are enough reasons.

Then see if "wrenchmonkey" shuts TF up.
YipYip

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:10:01 AM

6: That was me, and "penny scheme had nothing to do with Sonny. It was his real dad in the 80's.

1: It has nothing to do with Sonny as an (ex)felon, and everything to do with similarities being repeated at BFL.

2: Maybe the IRS witch hunt is true, but even if Sonny was never arrested, his history is more than enough to raise red flags.

3 & 5: I'm not in this race.

Which brings us to numero quatro (4, for those who needed watch Dora the Explorer as kids--which I didn't, for I'm 53).

You spelled acutal & arguemnt incorrectly. Did you know there's an app for that if you're using a smartphone? But that's not what's important, for I don't believe there's an app to correct what you MIGHT claim to be an error. Allow me to quote it again:

4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it)

Is it just me, or is that something Sonny would say, and not wrenchmonkey? The keyword is "me" oppose to "him" or "sonny", for I don't recall anybody accusing you (wrenchmonkey) of ripping off old ladies of their pensions.

Up to this point, it never occurred to me that you're Sonny, though Josh may have crossed my mind a time or two. But now I'm thinkin' differently.

WOW.....I think we just caught the red fox in the chicken coupe ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sonny aka Monkey Boy  "Go SUck IT Again"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:12:48 AM

I guess one way of testing this hypothesis is getting Sonny put back behind bars, there certainly are enough reasons.

They have phones in prison if u suck enough dick...so i think monkey boy would have easy access to the forum...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:15:52 AM

*cue spooky music*
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:17:29 AM

They have phones in prison if u suck enough dick...so i think monkey boy would have easy access to the forum...lol

I figured that was how he was talking to us right now.

YipYip

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:44:56 AM

*cue spooky music*

More like LAW & Order..... Special Victims UNIT

Daaaaah Dumm

Or

CSI -Miami says it the best

cue: Caruso

"I think he played his last game of 'Guess who I am' when he said his own name during the hold up.............

YAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWW...................WE DONT GET FOOLED AGAIN ....DONT GET FOOLED AGAIN...OH NO !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3jnW2kcUs

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: