Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:41:22 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 03:40:08 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/167-thursday-5-23-damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont-update.html#comment2523

Thursday, 5/23 "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" Update
BFL_Jody, 05-23-2013 at 07:35 PM

I'm thinking of writing a paper, "The Sociology of Customers Waiting in Line." Some of you post very interesting comments, which say a lot about you. I don't want a closed blog because then I would miss all those interesting things you post. Trolls are people, too, you know.

Here's the update for today: Nothing shipped.

See why I wasn't posting every day? It's so boring to say, "Nothing shipped."

So to make this only a little more interesting (to me, that is) don't comment on this post unless you have jumped out of an airplane some time in your life.

Replying to all the emails that they're behind on is a pain in the ass, so she takes a break to bitch how boring it is to simply state "Nothing shipped." Only if Josh had a quarter to give her so that she'll be able to buy a clue.

My sister handles 300-400 emails a night from a fleet of truckers, and books rooms for them at hotels when they reach the max hours they are suppose to be on the road. I just called her and asked how many of them truckers are rude to you, and she said none--now. And how many were you rude to? Again, the answer was none. What happened to the few that were rude you?: Two were fired (due to stealing); One quit; Two are now good friends; The other small handful quit being rude. Why. Nice begats nice!

Therefore, I repeat! BFL has some serious problems.

When they first came here, they were as nice as can be. But once they got a few bucks in their coffers, it was fuck you ever since.

Since they're on record in stating such, I will suck one giant dick if you prove me wrong. (I get to chose the dick, though)
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:45:11 AM

Lol, what a cunt.

The state of affairs is clearly getting to her. This is the voice of someone who is enjoying her position of perceived power.

The psychoanalyst in me is enjoying this rare public display of compartmentalization, reaction formation and assertiveness.

This would have been the pschometric testing @ Big Fucking Lies (BFL)

1) Are u or have u ever been regarded as a PsychoPath.....Yes / No

2) How would you rate you lying skills on a scale of 1 to 10 ?

3) If questioned by Government officials does your memory of events fail you at times.... Yes/No

4) Do you take pleasure in the misfortune of others..... Yes/No

5) Would you steal food of another hungry person to feed yourself or would you go hungry yourself ?

6) Do you see the truth as sometimes getting in the way or an inconvenient anomaly to what would be a better result for yourself and others in the long run

I think its pretty obvious how that nest of thiefs and liars test results would have looked...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:51:07 AM

Could we get some more context around this?

Josh from BFL is constantly flaming people on this forum in an unnecessary and innappropriate manner for treating customers and "potential customers"

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:05:54 AM

Could we get some more context around this?

Josh from BFL is constantly flaming people on this forum in an unnecessary and innappropriate manner for treating customers and "potential customers"

OP's original post has been edited to include the context requested. 
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:19:51 AM

Lol, what a cunt.

The state of affairs is clearly getting to her. This is the voice of someone who is enjoying her position of perceived power.

The psychoanalyst in me is enjoying this rare public display of compartmentalization, reaction formation and assertiveness.

3) If questioned by Government officials does your memory of events fail you at times.... Yes/No

5) Would you steal food of another hungry person to feed yourself or would you go hungry yourself ?

6) Do you see the truth as sometimes getting in the way or an inconvenient anomaly to what would be a better result for yourself and others in the long run

I think its pretty obvious how that nest of thiefs and liars test results would have looked...lol

*By BFL Reps Yes, Everyone else without a reality distortion field, No or Maybe.*

*Define what you consider a lie?*

*My closest friends say I used NLP techniques in their conversations, I think they don't know what they are talking about.*

http://www.nlpco.com/

*I do not take pleasure in my own misfortunes, no.*

*I can only say on record that I have considered not giving the dollar (openly viewed) in my hand when asked if I had a dollar. Then I caved and did exactly that.*

*The question is silly, the truth always comes out.*

(The preceeding was a total fabrication and obfuscation of any and all questions asked!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:51:31 PM

This picture belongs in a BFL thread.

Not casting aspersions. I just hate seeing great art go to waste Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:46:48 PM

got my BFL refund within a week after emailing them for a refund, wasn't too bad for me Smiley

it was only 1 Jalapeno order though, but still.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

Lol, what a cunt.

*By BFL Reps Yes, Everyone else without a reality distortion field, No or Maybe.*

*Define what you consider a lie?*

*My closest friends say I used NLP techniques in their conversations, I think they don't know what they are talking about.*

http://www.nlpco.com/

*I do not take pleasure in my own misfortunes, no.*

*I can only say on record that I have considered not giving the dollar (openly viewed) in my hand when asked if I had a dollar. Then I caved and did exactly that.*

*The question is silly, the truth always comes out.*

(The preceeding was a total fabrication and obfuscation of any and all questions asked!

Not necessarily for the content of the results, this confirms my suspicions of PuertoLibre.

Using metrics to judge a situation.  And fundamental psychology, no less.

Opinion + 10.

I'm tired of the conflict that the bad business operations of BFL has incurred on the community.

You can make a product:  great.  When, and how reliable are also of major significance.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
nottm28

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:09:23 PM

For example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214965.0

2 buyers for 2 60GH/s singles - 50BTC on the first bid - isn't that about 5 x the price you paid...

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:16:48 PM

For example:

2 buyers for 2 60GH/s singles - 50BTC on the first bid - isn't that about 5 x the price you paid...

No escrow = bad sign. Technically, Xian doesn't need his BFL orders to auction them off with no escrow.  Cheesy

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:59:54 PM

For example:

No escrow = bad sign. Technically, Xian doesn't need his BFL orders to auction them off with no escrow.  Cheesy

Confused. The link is to Garr's auction, and I think he's correct, he should not need an escrow agent with his impeccable history of trustworthiness.

nottm28

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:14:28 PM

For example:

Confused. The link is to Garr's auction, and I think he's correct, he should not need an escrow agent with his impeccable history of trustworthiness.

my thoughts too

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:15:18 PM

For example:

Well. It is cheaper than an Avalon Batch 3.
But. Nicksasa had a good rep until notroll.in pool imploded. I would always do escrow for large transactions, unless I know the counterparty personally.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:29:57 AM

Appears this Ivan character loves to slurp some Josh dong:

Code:
[10:29 PM]   BFL_Josh : I don't know off the top of my head.

[10:29 PM]   Ivan Frimmel : have you got all the show cooties off ?  :) takes days to wash those off your clothes :)

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:33:03 AM

Appears this Ivan character loves to slurp some Josh dong:
Code:
[10:29 PM]   BFL_Josh : I don't know off the top of my head.
[10:29 PM]   Ivan Frimmel : have you got all the show cooties off ?  :) takes days to wash those off your clothes :)

Very unfortunate. I thought Ivan was smarter than that. Sycophantry is serious business to some.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:39:38 AM

Apparently you can now upgrade your jalapeño by 2GH for an additional $100.

Nope, no cash flow problems.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:51:28 AM

Code:
[10:50 PM]   Ivan Frimmel : seems this is been televised live to a troll thread near you

[10:51 PM]   Ivan Frimmel : Josh, can you text me more pics without a shirt on now?? umm, beside a jally of course.. yeah..

wtf

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:59:07 AM

Apparently you can now upgrade your jalapeño by 2GH for an additional $100.

Nope, no cash flow problems.

I'd say they have binning issues with wide performance variance between chips. A chip that can do ~2GH can't be used to make a device that needs 2 chips that can each do 2.5GH.

I would expect the +$100 is so they can use chips from the lowest bin. That also means each chip cost some serious $$ and are in short supply. Otherwise they would just make hot Jalapeno's with 3 chips @ 2GH each for ~6GH and ship them out.

DBG

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:07:40 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 05:01:04 PM by DBG

Okay so I just came across this today and only read the first page, so please keep that in mind (aka if what I'm about to say has been brought up, feel free to tell me "stfu"... in fact, feel free to say that for any reason  Tongue).

Xian01, while I am not agreeing with your orders seeming being put into a cancel queue without a formal request from you to do so, couldn't you have just replied to that e-mail from Jody saying something along the lines of "There has been a misunderstanding, my venting has been mistaken as not wanting the products I ordered, please keep my orders in place." or was that insulting enough/final straw kind of deal.

Personally I've expressed disappointment in BFL on their own forums as well as others, however I did not invest in the product line to make money but to support the Bitcoin community and BFL (even though I didn't get a chance to own their FPGA product, they had previously shown their ability to ship - to the best of my knowledge).

I have always understood how others (esp. those who paid with Bitcoins originally) could have a much higher emotional/financial connection to the multiple delays and issues that have prevented shipment to date.

Edit: Apperently a mod edited part of my post with a strike-through.  I meant to say I understand how others feel, not that BFL did.  Hope that clears things up.

Bitcoin - 3DTcMYT8SmRw4o4Lbq9cvm71YaUtVuNn29
Litecoin - MAoFYsBf7BzeK86gg6WRqzFncfwWnoYZet
/* Coins are never required but always appreciated if feeling generous! */
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:22:15 AM

"There has been a misunderstanding, my venting has been mistaken as not wanting the products I ordered, please keep my orders in place." or was that insulting enough/final straw kind of deal

This is pretty much exactly what happened; I responded back saying I was not interested in, nor did I ask for a refund.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: