Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59146 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:35:42 PM

Next year I will be wishing I had bought more ASIC. Everyone will be.

Except people who bought into ASIC scams, which currently make up about 25% of the threads in this forum. Those people will be wishing they had bought less.

Just because BFL has an ASIC does not mean they can provide ASICs to everyone who ordered. There are still many ways for things to go bad:

What if the chips produced have issues? Poor design can result in binning issues that render a large amount of chips unusable.
What if they burned up all the cash? Lots of startups and fledgling businesses put too much into salaries and infrastructure and run out of funds before the product is ready.

I worry that there are still too many what-ifs while they have such a huge backlog of unshipped orders. Venture capital companies would probably avoid them due to their president having a felony fraud conviction. Banks probably would not advance them factor credit for the same reason.

7 months late is a lot time to have a production line sitting around idle.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:40:13 PM

Intoh aka josh is using a sock puppet as he knows that the moment one law suit is issued against BFL and won, the gates or narnia will be torn down and BFL will be having to spend probably ALL their money on lawyers as everyones going to jump on board as frankly this BFL BULLSHIT is getting old. who knows perhaps fraudulent activity will end up being discovered by these DOUCHEBAGS, does this company even get audited Huh?  to prove to the customers where their money has gone. HOW DO WE KNOW THAT BFL LABS ARNT GIVING THEMSELVES 6 FIGURE SALARIES WITH THE CUSTOMERS MONEY?
JOSH I KNOW YOUR READING THIS AND YOUR MONKEY IQ WHICH IS PORTRAYED BY YOUR RESPONSES TO CUSTOMERS IS NOT SMARTER THAN THE PUBLIC, SO CUT YOUR HORSE S**T! ****HOLE

This what I am having trouble wrapping my head around.

- Be an asshole towards people/customers on Bitcoin talk
 - Have your customers call you out on being an asshole
 - Punitively cancel your customers' preorders because they talked back to you
 - Former customer is sure to be silenced, slink away into the night, never to be heard from again
 - Continue to taunt their former customer that they seemingly have no legal recourse

It never should have reached the point where I became as irate as I did. EVER.

This is clearly not a normal business-transaction scenario. Certainly not like one I have ever committed myself to.

To support and applaud these sort of business ethics in America seems foreign to me.

If you'll put it towards starting legal proceedings, I would be interesting in donating 0.5 BTC.

It's disgusting that people who obviously have some kind of attachment to BFL created sockpuppet accounts in order to taunt you and attempt to degrade you.

It will be funny to see them get owned by having to pay you damages.  I would be surprised if a letter from an attorney is not enough to get your order resinstated though.  At this point, they must know their despicable actions have put them in a bit of a bind.
chalidore

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:12:33 PM

Except people who bought into ASIC scams, which currently make up about 25% of the threads in this forum. Those people will be wishing they had bought less.

Just because BFL has an ASIC does not mean they can provide ASICs to everyone who ordered. There are still many ways for things to go bad:

What if the chips produced have issues? Poor design can result in binning issues that render a large amount of chips unusable.
What if they burned up all the cash? Lots of startups and fledgling businesses put too much into salaries and infrastructure and run out of funds before the product is ready.

I worry that there are still too many what-ifs while they have such a huge backlog of unshipped orders. Venture capital companies would probably avoid them due to their president having a felony fraud conviction. Banks probably would not advance them factor credit for the same reason.

What if, what if, what if...
You sound more paranoid than Alex Jones.
What if the price of bitcoin falls to a dollar tomorrow. What if I get hit by a bus.
Investing is risky. I mine as a hedge for holding BTC. I make money mining, and I make money holding. It works. Like I said. I have FPGA units, and I am happy with them. Other than delays (which I fully expected, due to Moore's Law) I am pretty happy with BFL.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:42:24 PM

What if the price of bitcoin falls to a dollar tomorrow. What if I get hit by a bus.
Investing is risky. I mine as a hedge for holding BTC. I make money mining, and I make money holding. It works. Like I said. I have FPGA units, and I am happy with them. Other than delays (which I fully expected, due to Moore's Law) I am pretty happy with BFL.

First of all:
Name:   chalidore
Account created: May 18, 2013, 11:05:58 PM

I what if'ed things that have already gone wrong.
Their chips had issues, they have had to go back twice (by their own admission) and redo them. The chips are still under performing.
They admitted that they have had a production line idle for 7 months.

There are things you can anticipate going wrong like bad design, overly optimistic planning, aggressive performance goals. Worrying about things like that is not being paranoid, it is called doing your homework.

chalidore

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:01:52 PM

First of all:

Their chips had issues, they have had to go back twice (by their own admission) and redo them. The chips are still under performing.

There are things you can anticipate going wrong like bad design, overly optimistic planning, aggressive performance goals. Worrying about things like that is not being paranoid, it is called doing your homework.
You said what if BFL runs out of money. How does a company that makes money-making machines (the leading company in the industry) run out of money? Seriously, what are the odds of that happening?
Just because my account is new, does not mean I am new to Bitcoin.
Check Deepbit. I am the owner of ROBOT-ARMY. I have mined over 2500 bitcoins on Deepbit and over 200 on Slush. I have been putting off making an account on this forum because I don't feel like spending a lot of my time educating a bunch of stupid trolls. I had originally planned to use this forum to get rid of my GPU mining gear and buy ASIC/FPGA. It was never my intention to waste my time arguing with trolls. So much for that.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Here's my profiling of - k9quaint - I wondered how old he was - here is my analysis (age in brackets)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33053.msg413829#msg413829

money oriented (18)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33061.msg413915#msg413915

helpful - at the very beginning (19)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38115.msg468318#msg468318

latin quote - want's to be see as intellectual (20)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38785.msg483846#msg483846

maths student - use of 'empirical measurement to a perfect world theoretical average' (22)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38785.msg486469#msg486469

confidence growing - longer posts (22)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38785.msg487544#msg487544

his first "you don't understand" post - mood is shifting (22)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44423.msg530845#msg530845

want's to see source code - doubt he's a programmer (22)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45506.msg542978#msg542978

no girlfriend/wife (22)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44244.msg554958#msg554958

investigator (23)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50096.msg609990#msg609990

beginning of abusive posts - still using Smiley smilies whilst being abusive however (23)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56791.msg681009#msg681009

discovered that you can use pictures to abuse (22)

More analysis to follow - although reading through this guys history it's starting to become very samey.

Age so far - 22

donations not accepted
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:31:34 PM

Here's my profiling of - k9quaint - I wondered how old he was - here is my analysis (age in brackets)

Why does it matter who old is the speaker? I do not believe that it affects the validity of the facts or arguments put forward by them.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
nottm28

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:32:59 PM

Why does it matter who old is the speaker? I do not believe that it affects the validity of the facts or arguments put forward by them.

I thought it would be a good exercise in psychological profiling - you're next Smiley

First guess without even reading your posts is 21 - am I right?

[EDIT] you are not allowed to go and quickly remove your old posts as this is 'destruction of evidence'

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:35:34 PM

First of all:

You said what if BFL runs out of money. How does a company that makes money-making machines (the leading company in the industry) run out of money? Seriously, what are the odds of that happening?
If they pre-sold 70,000 units at $179, but it costs $189 to build. They could mine with them before they sell them to increase their margins.
If their founders embezzled all the money and there is none left to fund production.

Check Deepbit. I am the owner of ROBOT-ARMY. I have mined over 2500 bitcoins on Deepbit and over 200 on Slush. I have been putting off making an account on this forum because I don't feel like spending a lot of my time educating a bunch of stupid trolls. I had originally planned to use this forum to get rid of my GPU mining gear and buy ASIC/FPGA. It was never my intention to waste my time arguing with trolls. So much for that.

Fair enough. Astro-turfing with sockpuppet accounts is a time honored tradition for scammers on these forums. I like all the data up front where everyone can see it.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:39:27 PM

I thought it would be a good exercise in psychological profiling - you're next Smiley

[EDIT] you are not allowed to go and quickly remove your old posts as this is 'destruction of evidence'

I stand by my post history 100%. You are off by a factor of 2 on my age.  I am flattered you would spend so much time on me. I am a software engineer. My specialty is network security.
Either I am young at heart, or you are bad at profiling. I think I could live with either outcome.  Grin

Edit: oh, and I am married. You could play for the Mets with that batting average.  Roll Eyes

nottm28

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:43:29 PM

I stand by my post history 100%. You are off by a factor of 2 on my age.  I am flattered you would spend so much time on me. I am a software engineer. My specialty is network security.
Either I am young at heart, or you are bad at profiling. I think I could live with either outcome.  Grin

Well, that surprises me - so you are 42 - there's no way you can see that in your posts - either you are immature or you just haven't learned much...

I think I could live with either outcome.  Grin

Edit: oh, and I am married. You could play for the Mets with that batting average.  Roll Eyes

[EDIT] now I know you are lying...

donations not accepted
chalidore

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:58:02 PM

First of all:

oooo big bitcoin baller chiladore.... noones cares how many you have mined, neither do we care about robot army or whatever crap you just said,
your answer back was really unintelligent , the point which K9quaint is making is that you can't dismiss 'what ifs'.
sure you could get hit by a bus tomorrow however if you use the green man lights as appose to walking across during moving traffic, you will have less of a chance of getting hit by a bus, its called RISK ASSESSMENT AND RISK LEVERAGING. which is vital for survival in anything.
Now BFL IS PLAGUED AND RIDDLED WITH RISKS ON A PRODUCT THATS HARDLY BEEN SHIPPED. on a risk scale out of ten i would give BFL a '9'
so yes you can buy BFL products, you can also go on satoshi dice and gamble 2500 bitcoins at a 100/1 odds
why arn't you doing that Chilladore, for the same reason people shouldn't buy BFL products
UNNESECCARY RISK
chiladore - troll
Your grammar is awful, and the all caps thing is so last century.
The amount of Bitcoin I have mined is totally relevant, as this is a mining forum. Anyone can go to Deepbit and see what I have mined.
I use the Bitcoin I have mined to buy new gear. I hit ROI on my gear almost a year ago, so I am risking nothing.
Some people like to wait for the light to turn green, even if there are no cars around. I have noticed when I am downtown large groups of people will stand on a corner waiting for a light to change, even though there are no cars coming. I usually jay walk in these situations, and when I do, several people that were standing there waiting follow me. Some people are afraid to go against a red light without someone else stepping off the curb first, and some refuse to walk until after the light turns green, but the anarchist that stepped off the curb first knows the satisfaction of leadership, and will also get to work/lunch before the followers do.
I don't work downtown anymore anyway. I quit my stupid job and became a full-time Bitcoin miner.
Call me a troll if you want. At least I didn't troll so hard that I lost my place in line for my ASIC. That would be the most epic troll fail ever.
chalidore

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:13:25 PM

If you are comparing the risks of satoshi dice to the risk of buying ASIC, you have no business on this sub-forum. Congratulations bitwhiz, you get my first ignore.
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:19:36 PM

The ONE thing BFL has done well through all their endless shell games is to keep the money coming in while nothing but bs goes out...even this will eventually come to an end. I dunno if this is the beginning of the end or no, but I think their behavior is becoming increasingly outrageous. This seems indicative of a collapsing house of cards.

I don't consider myself to be a paranoid person, but I've little doubt that there are pro BFL sockpuppet/shills plying their trade on the bitcointalk stage.

Just wait for it. BFL is pretty silent these days.

Not much produced but talk if any at all.

Let's assume they have a working line of hardware at their now newly advertised specs.

Do any of us really believe they have enough money to satisfy all outstanding pre-orders in the queue of 11 months?

Hell no.

BFL does not want to talk about this because if they do then any attempt to sucker in more pre-order money is in vain. They are praying right now that enough suckers order their vaporware and are willing to wait....1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11+ months for their order.

The writing is on the wall and soon BFL and Josh's face will be on wanted posters if they do not run like wussies.

This is called trading while insolvent and is against the LAW in any country  ...this little i do know

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:33:51 PM

First of all:

oooo big bitcoin baller chiladore.... noones cares how many you have mined, neither do we care about robot army or whatever crap you just said,
your answer back was really unintelligent , the point which K9quaint is making is that you can't dismiss 'what ifs'.
sure you could get hit by a bus tomorrow however if you use the green man lights as appose to walking across during moving traffic, you will have less of a chance of getting hit by a bus, its called RISK ASSESSMENT AND RISK LEVERAGING. which is vital for survival in anything.
Now BFL IS PLAGUED AND RIDDLED WITH RISKS ON A PRODUCT THATS HARDLY BEEN SHIPPED. on a risk scale out of ten i would give BFL a '9'
so yes you can buy BFL products, you can also go on satoshi dice and gamble 2500 bitcoins at a 100/1 odds
why arn't you doing that Chilladore, for the same reason people shouldn't buy BFL products
UNNESECCARY RISK
chiladore - troll
Your grammar is awful, and the all caps thing is so last century.
The amount of Bitcoin I have mined is totally relevant, as this is a mining forum. Anyone can go to Deepbit and see what I have mined.
I use the Bitcoin I have mined to buy new gear. I hit ROI on my gear almost a year ago, so I am risking nothing.
Some people like to wait for the light to turn green, even if there are no cars around. I have noticed when I am downtown large groups of people will stand on a corner waiting for a light to change, even though there are no cars coming. I usually jay walk in these situations, and when I do, several people that were standing there waiting follow me. Some people are afraid to go against a red light without someone else stepping off the curb first, and some refuse to walk until after the light turns green, but the anarchist that stepped off the curb first knows the satisfaction of leadership, and will also get to work/lunch before the followers do.
I don't work downtown anymore anyway. I quit my stupid job and became a full-time Bitcoin miner.
Call me a troll if you want. At least I didn't troll so hard that I lost my place in line for my ASIC. That would be the most epic troll fail ever.

tag team sock puppets.... i finally have to resort ignoring int03h and now another one shows up !!

lets see how smug and happy u r when they

1) Avalons 400,000 chips come online in August
2) go under taking your cash (probably around the same time) ...lol

You need to get your units in the next 4 weeks or u are screwed....

Full time and using BFL as your business plan .... thats impressive...i can see that u r a risk taker

....base jumping
....bull riding
....boxing with bears

Good luck with that

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:36:17 PM

..yawn

OBJECT NOT FOUND
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:36:39 PM

d) got no fucking claim to damages based on the fact that there is no contract

As far as I'm aware, this is actually a pretty valid point.

Seriously, if you have no clue what the law is, shut your damn mouth.  BFL offered a product for a certain price.  Legally, that part was not an offer, though it looks like one.  However, the customer then offered to buy the product for that amount.  That part is an "offer."  BFL accepted that offer by taking their money (and stating "all sales are final" just underscores that).  That's "acceptance."

"Offer" and "acceptance" are what makes a contract.  That's also how it works under the UCC, which is pretty much binding unless you're in Louisiana.

Needless to say, "you're a dick" is not a defense to breach of contract, except in Josh Zerlan bullshido fantasyland.

Why are your panties so bunched up?  I'm not a lawyer, and I highly doubt you are either. Beaking about understanding the law and who should and shouldn't speak about it is a little hypocritical on your part, no?
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:41:05 PM

d) got no fucking claim to damages based on the fact that there is no contract

As far as I'm aware, this is actually a pretty valid point.

Seriously, if you have no clue what the law is, shut your damn mouth.  BFL offered a product for a certain price.  Legally, that part was not an offer, though it looks like one.  However, the customer then offered to buy the product for that amount.  That part is an "offer."  BFL accepted that offer by taking their money (and stating "all sales are final" just underscores that).  That's "acceptance."

"Offer" and "acceptance" are what makes a contract.  That's also how it works under the UCC, which is pretty much binding unless you're in Louisiana.

Needless to say, "you're a dick" is not a defense to breach of contract, except in Josh Zerlan bullshido fantasyland.

Why are your panties so bunched up?  I'm not a lawyer, and I highly doubt you are either. Beaking about understanding the law and who should and shouldn't speak about it is a little hypocritical on your part, no?

Everything in a commercial world is a contract...either formal or implied...

Duty of Care
A Hand Shake
As soon as you exchange funds a contract is in place

People who go around yelling "there is no contract" must be children who watch toooo much tv as anybody knows there is one in the world of grown ups.... Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:45:54 PM

Well, that surprises me - so you are 42 - there's no way you can see that in your posts - either you are immature or you just haven't learned much...

I think I could live with either outcome.  Grin

[EDIT] now I know you are lying...

And now I know you can't abide being wrong.

Time for me to retire - I have said my piece. I do hope xian learns something from this (and refrains from telling people to FO - that might help).

Never too late to make good on that promise.

nottm28

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:46:19 PM

..yawn

16 YipYip

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: