Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
abram888

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:08:51 PM

How can this startup compete with such a successful giant as NVIDIA on their own field?..

Nvidia have released a Cloud Gaming platform built upon their GPUs. And those guys, they're kind of manufacturing those GPUs themselves...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cloud-gaming.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:33:57 PM

This is a cool idea if they can figure out the technical aspects but I fail to see why anyone would participate in this ICO.  There is a limit to the amount of money someone will pay for this service.  Its impossible for this coin to rise in value because at the end of the day, the only value is the ability to use it  to rent gpu time.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:57:26 AM

How can this startup compete with such a successful giant as NVIDIA on their own field?..

Nvidia have released a Cloud Gaming platform built upon their GPUs. And those guys, they're kind of manufacturing those GPUs themselves...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cloud-gaming.html
If you read about their history they worked with Nvidia when building their current platform and company that has 750,000 subscribers mostly in Eastern Europe. The direction they are taking, eventually, will allow those with high end gaming rigs to rent them out when not gaming. You own a nice gaming rig, when you're not using it you load their virtual machine and let the rig "mine" playkey tokens by letting others use your rig. Nvidia is going the centralized route which is probably why playkey is changing things up going decentralized, taking idle rigs and putting them to work for others. This should allow them to compete on price if they get scale. Idle rigs just need to make a little more then power costs to make it worthwhile. Doesn't mean the rig will pay for itself by mining, Nvidia needs to ROI all the hardware they put in the cloud. Just a thought, and I could be wrong about their business plan but it's only way they can compete, putting idle rigs that were already purchased by gamers to work when not being used. And "mining" palykey tokens won't use as much power as mining other crypto since you're not running at 100% the entire time.

This is a cool idea if they can figure out the technical aspects but I fail to see why anyone would participate in this ICO.  There is a limit to the amount of money someone will pay for this service.  Its impossible for this coin to rise in value because at the end of the day, the only value is the ability to use it  to rent gpu time.
There's a limited supply, so if this takes off the subscription price can stay the same but more customers will mean more people buying $10 or whatever worth of the token. Same reason Bitcoin went up, limited supply. So the currency being limited means more people using the service the higher the price has to go, simple supply and demand.

All that said 100 million tokens is a pretty big supply, and it needs scale for it to even compete, and for the tokens to rise in value. Only reason I'm looking at it is their is an established company with almost a million customers already using their services. The white paper leaves a lot of questions, is playkey going to buy servers and "auction" them off going the data center route because then that is going head to head with Nvidia and seems like I'd rather own equity in the company than tokens. If this is going to lead to people with idle rigs renting them out (mining) at low rates then this could be a more cost effective way to offer gaming as a service. I'm interested but probably pass because I'm not clear on the business plan but will follow.
I saw the price was lowered to 0.004 ETH is that the presale price or the Nov. 1st price? 

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:34:50 AM

I missed this Ann and only now I've heard of this project.

After reading the whitepaper I'm going to go ahead and call it a scam (not that in 7 pages anyone seem to care if this project could even work, people just seem to just blindly trust the project showing exactly what's wrong with ICOs).

First off, you can't possibly run already existing games in a decentralized manner. Running interactive games is not just 3D rendering, the game has to practically fully run on the "mining" machine including resources like CPU/RAM/storage.

And you can't run the majority of games multiple time (online DRM, 1 account/instance) so multiple miners running the same game for one player is impossible.

So it's already centralized in a sense that 1 miner = 1 player. And if that miner has issues the player will lose progress. The gamer would also want to play games on his account which would be hard to hide from the miner who would be running the game introducing security issues.

Streaming like Nvidia Shield or Steam Link works because they do so locally. The nvidia shield for example requires "50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality" (source) which is easy to get on your local WiFi which probably have 70-100 Mbps speeds. Now players would need 50Mbps internet connection and miners would require 50Mbps per game they "mine". You could say 720p 30fps is enough but even old hardware can achieve that without latency and having to pay for it. And don't even dream about 4k...

The whitepaper argues that most people can't play games with the highest settings but most people also doesn't have a stable 50Mbps internet connection. So the video feed would have to be compressed which means a maxed out game will look like it's on low settings. An uncompressed video feed would require very fast (as in high bandwidth) internet. Steam's average download rate is 33.6 Mbps currently in the US including gamers with their own gaming PCs who also tend to afford faster internet.

The whitepaper also says such delusions as mining would be
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;

Which is just nonsense they can't possibly know.

And even if the impossible could be done and more computers could collectively stream the same game in a decentralized manner for 1 person playing, one miner having a lagspike or any short issue would surely create visual glitches and redundancy would make the cost unfeasible. But again, you can't render current games in real time without the whole game running so it's a moot point. Shit, some games can't even use more than 1-2 CPU cores or use SLI ffs...

And of course if this already existing proprietary platform would really exist, you wouldn't need an ICO. This project just smells like just another scam ICO seasoned a random interesting topic.

Not your keys, not your coins!
lykovaleksey (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:37:03 AM

Hi everyone.

This is our latest interview with asian press. Like, share, comment and repost!
https://www.techinasia.com/playkey-blockchain

◇ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
https://playkey.io

lykovaleksey (OP)

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:38:18 AM

I missed this Ann and only now I've heard of this project.

I suppose there are a few basic mistakes in our technology understanding.
I'll write detailed reply a bit later.

ICO starts 1st Nov.

lykovaleksey (OP)

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:44:10 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 10:34:53 AM by lykovaleksey

After reading the whitepaper I'm going to go ahead and call it a scam (not that in 7 pages anyone seem to care if this project could even work, people just seem to just blindly trust the project showing exactly what's wrong with ICOs).
Dear Bathrobehero.
Did you try our service at Playkey.net ? We have thousands of customers in Europe and CIS countries, so it is definitely NOT SCAM.

First off, you can't possibly run already existing games in a decentralized manner. Running interactive games is not just 3D rendering, the game has to practically fully run on the "mining" machine including resources like CPU/RAM/storage.
Yes, you right. We have more requirements for miners, like CPU, RAM, HDD, Network.  But if you want to earn more money, you can upgrade your farm and work with us.

And you can't run the majority of games multiple time (online DRM, 1 account/instance) so multiple miners running the same game for one player is impossible.
We have a technology with isolated gaming sessions between each other.

so multiple miners running the same game for one player is impossible.
You right, we stream only from one miner.

So it's already centralized in a sense that 1 miner = 1 player. And if that miner has issues the player will lose progress. The gamer would also want to play games on his account which would be hard to hide from the miner who would be running the game introducing security issues.

You right, that decentralized Playkey have security  tasks, that is why we use blockchain technology for our project. Miner will lose money if he will have security problem, it is the same as for Playkey miner.

Streaming like Nvidia Shield or Steam Link works because they do so locally. The Nvidia shield for example requires "50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality" (source) which is easy to get on your local WiFi which probably has 70-100 Mbps speeds. Now players would need 50Mbps internet connection and miners would require 50Mbps per game they "mine". You could say 720p 30fps is enough but even old hardware can achieve that without latency and having to pay for it. And don't even dream about 4k...
Nvidia our competitor in this, so it proved that this technology is a future for gaming. Yes, miner need a good internet connection, we have Terabits/s connection for our mining rigs.
Try our service at Playkey.net for free on Demo, I hope you will be excited.

The whitepaper also says such delusions as mining would be
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;
Which is just nonsense they can't possibly know.
Our current service Playkey.net more than 5 times efficient than simple Etherium mining for example
We can't say about future, but if you ask me this question 2 years ago, I will answer the same and I will be right.

And even if the impossible could be done and more computers could collectively stream the same game in a decentralized manner for 1 person playing, one miner having a lagspike or any short issue would surely create visual glitches and redundancy would make the cost unfeasible. But again, you can't render current games in real time without the whole game running so it's a moot point. Shit, some games can't even use more than 1-2 CPU cores or use SLI ffs...
I'm not sure did you understand that it is peer-to-peer streaming, so a game is streaming only from one server. I will happy if games can will rendering in several servers, but i suppose it is impossible for now

And of course if this already existing proprietary platform would really exist, you wouldn't need an ICO. This project just smells like just another scam ICO seasoned a random interesting topic.
Yes, we can do it without ICO, but it will be too slow, because we need a lot of investments in hardware, for marketing to attract users, for development this architecture. It is just another way to launch decentralization project rapidly.

ICO starts 1st Nov.

Gru minions

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:27:16 AM

The Playkey Foundatin will spend ICO funds to develop the miners’ ecosystem, provide support for early miners, help miners to pass SLA tests, and be equipped to offer a high level of service.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:23:25 PM

snip

Thanks for answering and after testing the demo I do apologize as it's not a scam since there's a working product - which I didn't know there was before and in the sea of ICO scams this looked another as well, still that's my fault.

However, latency and quality is as suspected which means shooters are not the strongsuit of the project. In games where latency is not critical it might work great though.

Good luck with your project I guess.

Not your keys, not your coins!
John Nash

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

snip

Thanks for answering and after testing the demo I do apologize as it's not a scam since there's a working product - which I didn't know there was before and in the sea of ICO scams this looked another as well, still that's my fault.

However, latency and quality is as suspected which means shooters are not the strongsuit of the project. In games where latency is not critical it might work great though.

Good luck with your project I guess.

Sure for pro gamers it's not good, but there are only 1% of all gamers who play like a pro.

I'm at the top 10% of gamers in Heroes of the Storm and play in Playkey. I'm good with it's latency (about 15-20). I tested Overwatch and it's ok. The most popular games in the service are MMOs, Overwatch, Dota 2, CS:GO. I used to play CS 1.6 with ping 80-100 and even with this latency it was pretty ok to play.

But the best part is that after ICO there will be a P2P technology that will help to cover all locations around the world. The latency will be not an issue anymore.

Gru minions

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

The Playkey team believes that the next stage of decentralizatin will be marketig. It will provide
a wide range of tools for miners to attract users to their GPU-powered machines.
Massajava

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:45:39 AM

Is the minimum contribution amount (60eth) meant only for presale or is it possible to contribute with a smaller amount afterwards?
perazdera

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:51:16 AM

I am gamer and I would really like to see more blockchain project for gaming industry. Will enter this ICO if there will be contribution with smaller amount.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:36:34 PM

As for me, its a unique idea, I mean Playkey project. I know that it received 2.8 million from some Russian Fund. I would like to know the details. Who will share?

lykovaleksey (OP)

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:40:25 PM

As for me, its a unique idea, I mean Playkey project. I know that it received 2.8 million from some Russian Fund. I would like to know the details. Who will share?

Here are some

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/21/playkey-raises-2-8m-to-fund-its-us-expansion/

ICO starts 1st Nov.

dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:44:02 PM

Is the minimum contribution amount (60eth) meant only for presale or is it possible to contribute with a smaller amount afterwards?

It's only for presale. ICO will not have min amount.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Geir

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

I learned that Playkey would cooperate with such exchanges as Cryptopia, Evercoin, Coinexchange, Liqui and negotiating with HITBTC, Binance, Bit Bay, Yobit, Bittrex. I think it's incredibly cool that so many exchanges willing to trade PKT.

TOP Network   Enable real-world business with Blockchain 4.0 technology  |
–––––––   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Linkedln   |   Telegram   |   Medium  –––––––
|   No Transaction Fee   |   300K TPS   |   50 Million Active Users   |
lykovaleksey (OP)

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

Why launch the ICO if everything is so good? Because we can make something really Big and World Changing! Great article and video about PLAYKEY ICO. Have a nice reading and watching!

https://myicobox.com/icotokens/review-of-playkey-ico.html

ICO starts 1st Nov.

safi71

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:38:41 PM

PLAYKEY is a fantastic project. I would never have thought that I could play computer games without using expensive computer equipment.
The main thing is that the cost of using the cloud gaming is adequate for users.
Is there at least a very rough estimate of what the price will be for Playkey users?

▀███▄
                ▀███▄
                 ▄███▀
       ▀███▄   ▄███▀ ▀███▄
         ▀███▄▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄
          ▄███▀         ▄███▀
▀███▄   ▄███▀ ▀███▄   ▄███▀ ▀███▄
  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄
   ▄███▀         ▄███▀         ▄███▀
 ▄███▀ ▀███▄   ▄███▀ ▀███▄   ▄███▀
▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄▀▀▀▀
          ▄███▀         ▄███▀
        ▄███▀ ▀███▄   ▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀     ▀███▄▀▀▀▀
                 ▄███▀

▄███▀
              ▀▀▀▀

ELONCITY
       ▄█████▄               ▐███▄▄
   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄            ████████▄▄
   ▓ ▓██▓▓█▀▀▀█▓▓            ████████████▄▄
   ▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▓           ▐█████████████████▄
  ▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█▄▄▄█▓▓█▄         ▐███████████████████
 ██▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█▄▄▄█▓▓███▄       █      ▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▐██▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█▄▄▄█▓▓█████▄  ▄▄▄█                ▀▀▀▀▀
▐██▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█▄▄▄█▓▓ ▀▀████████
▐██▓ ▓▓▓▓▓█▄▄▄█▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▐▌
 ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀         
 ▐██▀██████████▀           
  ▀▀▐███████████          ▐▌
    ▐█████▐█████          ▐▌
     ████▌ ████▌         
     ▐███▌ ████          ▐▌
      ███  ▐██▌          ▐▌
    ▄▄███  ▐██▄▄         
   ██████▌ ██████       
TELEGRAM 

Public Sale Coming Soon!

lissics

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:48:37 PM

After all it seams the token will be heavily overpriced. Yes they have working product but they ask for a lot of money.
Market cap will be high and that is not easy to justify and keep the price. This is high risk investment and price will drop in months after ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: