Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 
If i already have a game i can use my license, right?

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.

Maybe you should start working at Playkey  Shocked

If people have the chance to dicide themself where they buy it's the best. So if you have the chance to buy keys directly from Steam this means also you can buy your keys on other sites and register them on steam then? It's much cheaper in the most cases.

Yes, you CAN buy steam keys on other sides. Unfortunately almost all of the steam-key sites do illegal stuff, to get the keys (that's why they can offer them so cheap). I personally wouldn't support that kind of sites, just to save some money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.

If people have the chance to dicide themself where they buy it's the best. So if you have the chance to buy keys directly from Steam this means also you can buy your keys on other sites and register them on steam then? It's much cheaper in the most cases.

Yes, you CAN buy steam keys on other sides. Unfortunately almost all of the steam-key sites do illegal stuff, to get the keys (that's why they can offer them so cheap). I personally wouldn't support that kind of sites, just to save some money.

I was always wondering how can they offer cd keys so cheap and they actually work. Is the game developer in minus if i buy a cheap key form one of those sites?

Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:12:58 AM

Thnx for all the replies to my questions guys. I can see I am not the only one who was wondering how it will work with subscription of games.
phreeksta

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:13:03 AM

I was always wondering how can they offer cd keys so cheap and they actually work. Is the game developer in minus if i buy a cheap key form one of those sites?

Yeah basically. Those keys are often stolen or just illegal retrieved not activated promotional keys etc. If you are a gamer and want to support the game companies, you shouldn't use that kind of shops.  
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:26:38 AM

Yeah basically. Those keys are often stolen or just illegal retrieved not activated promotional keys etc. If you are a gamer and want to support the game companies, you shouldn't use that kind of shops.  

It's a grey market of keys, some illegal, some obtained by other means ,like contests or promotions. It's not all bad, it's just that sometimes the developers don't get money out of it.

phreeksta

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:28:05 AM

It's a grey market of keys, some illegal, some obtained by other means ,like contests or promotions. It's not all bad, it's just that sometimes the developers don't get money out of it.

Well, if sometimes the devs don't get their well deserved money out of it, it is bad :-)
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:44:39 AM

When it is planned to launch a platform for testing already using the technology of decentralization?

Many people ask this question: Found this on their website https://playkey.io/en/faq/

When will I be able to test a decentralized version of Playkey?
Closed testing will be conducted around early 2018, and open testing in the second quarter of 2018.
Requests for participation in the testing are already being taken: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpGlSVLoUHp_SIO_c9rG_Edh13B9GWvz5iG4ysWherDvsww/viewform

alexsmalex

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:51:34 AM

Don't forget the possibilities to use this on TVs which are able to connect to the internet I think interest would be high for this.

Indeed!
The only problem should be a good remote! I'm sure they can get a nice partnership for making controls for playing games on internet tv's Smiley.
Glad I have found this project! This is and will be a game changer in the gaming industry.
I already have a smart TV. It would be nice to use it in such a way without buying a console
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:33:23 AM

When it is planned to launch a platform for testing already using the technology of decentralization?

Many people ask this question: Found this on their website https://playkey.io/en/faq/

Closed testing will be conducted around early 2018, and open testing in the second quarter of 2018.
Requests for participation in the testing are already being taken: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpGlSVLoUHp_SIO_c9rG_Edh13B9GWvz5iG4ysWherDvsww/viewform

nice, did not read this. i am going to participate as a beta tester for sure Smiley everyone should do it, if you want to invest here.
deepblue01

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:53:03 AM

presale end in 5 days and ICO will open on 1st november.
cant wait ICO date to buy some token which iam not able to buy on presale Cheesy Cheesy

nice, did not read this. i am going to participate as a beta tester for sure Smiley everyone should do it, if you want to invest here.

yes.... iam joining too. hopefully my hardware can be used to mine playkey
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:11:02 AM

Thank you for the link, I did not know about this. I will maybe suscribe, could be fun to try  Smiley
sahabond

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:12:06 AM

I saw the video of Playkey running doom, really looked impressive if you can run that on an old PC. So i've been going through the Whitepaper and on page 9 it mentions that miners (people offering their computer power in this case) will earn up to 10$ a day. But that seems quite expensive for people using the service. Or does it work differently?
Expensive or not. It depends on how much you are willing to give in order to pass a new game buying a new PC and not buying a license for the game
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:16:58 AM

I checked pre-ico address and saw too many little contributions.

60 eth was the limit to contribute and the only reason I can't. But what will happen to people who are sending lower amounts of it? Will you return or give them playkey tokens anyway?

usually there is a system in place to send the funds back, it's quite easy to set up in Ethereum. i don't think they will get any token if there is a minimum amount to set to buy.

It is the logical way of handling this.

But it is an example of people throwing away their money. They just send their eths and don't read 60 eth presale limit. And it is everywhere, impossible to miss.

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:51:48 AM

Thanks for sharing this form!
I applied! I really like this project and I'm very curious how everything will go. This can really change the gaming industry.

Playkey is on my number one for upcoming ICO's Smiley
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:54:40 AM

cant wait ICO date to buy some token which iam not able to buy on presale Cheesy Cheesy

What requirements for hardware to participate in beta testing?

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:01:00 AM

i think if you have a computer less than 2 years old it will work - devs took care for sure that tha ammount of users is able to be as high as possible
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:17:19 AM

I checked pre-ico address and saw too many little contributions.

60 eth was the limit to contribute and the only reason I can't. But what will happen to people who are sending lower amounts of it? Will you return or give them playkey tokens anyway?
Yeah, i see it too.
How much the bonus we will get for investing less than 60 ETH?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:33:47 AM

Oh, sweet, joining right when i get back home from the mobile. Thanks for linking that.
stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:49:37 AM

i think if you have a computer less than 2 years old it will work - devs took care for sure that tha ammount of users is able to be as high as possible

If this is a game streaming service, you shouldn't need a new or semi-new computer to make it work! Hope lower-end machines will be able.

cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:16:33 AM

sorry if i overlooked it, but how much the games will cost than?
I think the monthly member dues will not contain games or every game?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: