Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:49:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:25:01 PM

Did anyone find the subscription fee? I found a price of about $8 a month in the whitepaper.

When purchased using a pay-monthly scheme over a period of 3 years, the price for per month for that same PC is $83. A monthly cloud subscription fee can be one tenth of that price.

Playstation Now costs $20 a month for a library of over 500 PS4 and PS3 games. The subscription fee for PlayKey is lower, but players have to buy the game keys as well.

Playkey provides a list of games supported by the application, and of their installation files. A miner decides which games he wants to rent out on his computer, and installs them. Or he selects automatic mode, whereby Playkey autonomously analyzes demand and manages the games on his computer to maximize his profit and, accordingly, that of the service.

Game keys are purchased by users and they are activated the same way in games, the only difference being that the game is launched at the miner’s computer. Keys can be purchased either on the Playkey website or in any other way at the discretion of the player.

It is a trade-off.

PlayKey:

+ $8 a month
+ supports PC games
+ can play on low-end PC, iMac, laptop, tablets, smartphones, Smart TV
- have to buy game license (games bought in a bundle less than $1 a piece, but the latest AAA games can cost $50+)
- can you share or transfer your game license on PlayKey to your own PC?
- no PlayStation games

PlayStation Now:

+ includes 500+ PS4 and PS3 games
- $20 a month
- no PC games
- can only play on PC and PS4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snos-boss

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:32:07 PM

Each year the internet connections get faster and faster for the public, so eventually everybody would be able to play, but for now there are still a lot of people that have a connection fast enough for the project, so i don't think its a major problem, but a minor one, which will be solved in time.

Indeed! Even some mobile networks are faster then some internet connections at home 5 years ago Smiley.
Things are evolving really fast! I really dig this project! So much potential and so much great features Smiley
Yes it's really wonderful that miners on weak PCs will be able to play new games
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:36:06 PM

Each year the internet connections get faster and faster for the public, so eventually everybody would be able to play, but for now there are still a lot of people that have a connection fast enough for the project, so i don't think its a major problem, but a minor one, which will be solved in time.

Indeed! Even some mobile networks are faster then some internet connections at home 5 years ago Smiley.
Things are evolving really fast! I really dig this project! So much potential and so much great features Smiley
Yes it's really wonderful that miners on weak PCs will be able to play new games

You are mixing things up here a bit. Miners will need to have computers with very good hardware. Players with a weak, old PCs will play on the better computers of the miners using PlayKeys service.
alexsmalex

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:57:07 PM

You are mixing things up here a bit. Miners will need to have computers with very good hardware. Players with a weak, old PCs will play on the better computers of the miners using PlayKeys service.
Exactly! And ideally, everyone should be happy Grin
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:14:21 PM

Developers need to think about how to attract miners all over the world very quickly. Without them, there will not be any sense
deepblue01

Activity: 784
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

When it is planned to launch a platform for testing already using the technology of decentralization?

Many people ask this question: Found this on their website https://playkey.io/en/faq/

When will I be able to test a decentralized version of Playkey?
Closed testing will be conducted around early 2018, and open testing in the second quarter of 2018.
Requests for participation in the testing are already being taken: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpGlSVLoUHp_SIO_c9rG_Edh13B9GWvz5iG4ysWherDvsww/viewform

Thanks for sharing this form!
I applied! I really like this project and I'm very curious how everything will go. This can really change the gaming industry.

Playkey is on my number one for upcoming ICO's Smiley

yes so do i  Smiley and also interested to join playkey miner

yes, Im also confused... May be we can invest less amount also? Because I dont have 60 eth.. But i want receive tokens with bonus also...

wait till ICO. 1st november Smiley iam also dont have fund equal to 60 eth, i only can wait on ICO sale

Developers need to think about how to attract miners all over the world very quickly. Without them, there will not be any sense

i think it wont be nessary. if they atract more gamer to use playkey service and miner get more profit than mining another crypto.
they will decide to mine playkey as well
John Nash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:34:38 PM

I agree that PLAYKEY should go to the manufacturers of smart TV and game consoles

Cooperation can give birth to a large and popular product

Yes, Playkey will launch it's own cheap and easy to install console in future.

Oh cool, is this confirmed somewhere?

Cant imagine anything easier to install than a usb stick that u pop into the tv, then connect controller to it, and launch the app from the stick.

That would be a real light weight solution

Yes, in the Whitepaper
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:40:34 PM

partnership with company like roku would be nice. They working with many manufacturer to use their OS for smart TV.

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:51:41 PM

presale end in 5 days and ICO will open on 1st november.
cant wait ICO date to buy some token which iam not able to buy on presale Cheesy Cheesy

When it is planned to launch a platform for testing already using the technology of decentralization?

Many people ask this question: Found this on their website https://playkey.io/en/faq/

Closed testing will be conducted around early 2018, and open testing in the second quarter of 2018.
Requests for participation in the testing are already being taken: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpGlSVLoUHp_SIO_c9rG_Edh13B9GWvz5iG4ysWherDvsww/viewform

nice, did not read this. i am going to participate as a beta tester for sure Smiley everyone should do it, if you want to invest here.

yes.... iam joining too. hopefully my hardware can be used to mine playkey
What requirements for hardware to participate in beta testing?

i think if you have a computer less than 2 years old it will work - devs took care for sure that tha ammount of users is able to be as high as possible

If this is a game streaming service, you shouldn't need a new or semi-new computer to make it work! Hope lower-end machines will be able.

this works on low end machines very well. someone tested couple of pages ago with a e5560 core 2 duo and someone with a i3 4th generation and it went very well Oo

i will try it with an intel atom cpu, if i got time Smiley
I think computer system recommendations are not the problem it will even work on a 10-year-old gaming PC. The problem is that many people don't have a fast enough internet connection.

Yeah my guess is that if someone can't afford a relatively moderate gaming console/PC, then they probably can't afford playkey anyways.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:04:29 PM

presale end in 5 days and ICO will open on 1st november.
cant wait ICO date to buy some token which iam not able to buy on presale Cheesy Cheesy

nice, did not read this. i am going to participate as a beta tester for sure Smiley everyone should do it, if you want to invest here.

yes.... iam joining too. hopefully my hardware can be used to mine playkey
What requirements for hardware to participate in beta testing?

i think if you have a computer less than 2 years old it will work - devs took care for sure that tha ammount of users is able to be as high as possible

If this is a game streaming service, you shouldn't need a new or semi-new computer to make it work! Hope lower-end machines will be able.

this works on low end machines very well. someone tested couple of pages ago with a e5560 core 2 duo and someone with a i3 4th generation and it went very well Oo

i will try it with an intel atom cpu, if i got time Smiley
I think computer system recommendations are not the problem it will even work on a 10-year-old gaming PC. The problem is that many people don't have a fast enough internet connection.

Yeah my guess is that if someone can't afford a relatively moderate gaming console/PC, then they probably can't afford playkey anyways.
But with a moderate PC, you are not able to play with the highest graphics settings. A high-end PC will cost much more than PLAYKEY.

helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:06:26 PM

Unfortunately, unless Playkey rewards miners very competitively (compared to mining other crypto) what's going to happen is that areas with high electricity costs will have a lack of miners and hence higher latency/ping.

Vasyafet

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:09:16 PM

Maybe use servers and mining fifty fifty for beginning, or if it will be good income and good adv then miners will come themselves.
Trrrt

Merit: 107

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:15:32 PM

Yes just wait a bit and the 1 November you will be able to invest less than 60eth. Prepare your eth ico is soon, and playkey is for me a really worth project, it’s the first time that I see a project with a product Already working and Who already make benefit !
Truthfinder76

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

But with a moderate PC, you are not able to play with the highest graphics settings. A high-end PC will cost much more than PLAYKEY.
Playkey costs about 0.45$ for a hour, sounds like $3k, isn’t ?
John Nash

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

sorry if i overlooked it, but how much the games will cost than?
I think the monthly member dues will not contain games or every game?

I believe that you need to purchase the games first on Steam. So yeah, the monthly fees do you include the games.

You can purchase a game on Steam or Playkey shop as well.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:32:03 PM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 
If i already have a game i can use my license, right?

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.

Thanks for the clear answer.
It makes sense that you would be able to buy a key via them.. I am now wondering how everything would work if you have bought the game from the shelve .. could your license be transferd to PlayKey ? I think we will see some interesting situations happen in the near future.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:39:58 PM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 
If i already have a game i can use my license, right?

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.

Thanks for the clear answer.
It makes sense that you would be able to buy a key via them.. I am now wondering how everything would work if you have bought the game from the shelve .. could your license be transferd to PlayKey ? I think we will see some interesting situations happen in the near future.
How is it with dota 2 will you be able to connect your account on Playkey?  I think that's the most important question of this topic.

John Nash

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

Did anyone find the subscription fee? I found a price of about $8 a month in the whitepaper.

When purchased using a pay-monthly scheme over a period of 3 years, the price for per month for that same PC is $83. A monthly cloud subscription fee can be one tenth of that price.

Playstation Now costs $20 a month for a library of over 500 PS4 and PS3 games. The subscription fee for PlayKey is lower, but players have to buy the game keys as well.

Playkey provides a list of games supported by the application, and of their installation files. A miner decides which games he wants to rent out on his computer, and installs them. Or he selects automatic mode, whereby Playkey autonomously analyzes demand and manages the games on his computer to maximize his profit and, accordingly, that of the service.

Game keys are purchased by users and they are activated the same way in games, the only difference being that the game is launched at the miner’s computer. Keys can be purchased either on the Playkey website or in any other way at the discretion of the player.

It is a trade-off.

PlayKey:

+ $8 a month
+ supports PC games
+ can play on low-end PC, iMac, laptop, tablets, smartphones, Smart TV
- have to buy game license (games bought in a bundle less than $1 a piece, but the latest AAA games can cost $50+)
- can you share or transfer your game license on PlayKey to your own PC?
- no PlayStation games

PlayStation Now:

+ includes 500+ PS4 and PS3 games
- $20 a month
- no PC games
- can only play on PC and PS4

As I know you have to buy games in PS Now. Not all games but top titles. Playkey also has many free games in a catalogue, even top titles.

You can transfer a game license on your own PC. Playkey games aren't locked to the service.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:24:07 PM

sorry if i overlooked it, but how much the games will cost than?
I think the monthly member dues will not contain games or every game?

I believe that you need to purchase the games first on Steam. So yeah, the monthly fees do you include the games.

You can purchase a game on Steam or Playkey shop as well.

there are subscriptions available for the service as well

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Already over 1000 ETH invested in Playkey & a working product! https://i.imgur.com/vixn0LE.jpg

Thanks for the information. Everything seems to go smoothly !
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: