Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:03:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 07:21:16 AM

i could see a lot of people getting behind the model of earning tokens by lending your hardware, i don't know if its doable in terms of latency the customer would experience in the end, but would be quite cool
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:30:46 AM

i could see a lot of people getting behind the model of earning tokens by lending your hardware, i don't know if its doable in terms of latency the customer would experience in the end, but would be quite cool

Yeah I see several potential issues. You need to have a good gaming pc + a good internet connection with decent upload speeds. The question is also, if a guy that owns a good gaming pc would be really interested in putting it into service (which would mean, he can't play during that time). I wonder how much coins you get in return for that service.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:02:52 AM

Yeah I see several potential issues. You need to have a good gaming pc + a good internet connection with decent upload speeds. The question is also, if a guy that owns a good gaming pc would be really interested in putting it into service (which would mean, he can't play during that time). I wonder how much coins you get in return for that service.

Well people do mine other coins with their graphics cards that could be used to play the games already. Not sure what's the difference would be.
persefona

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:23:01 AM

Yes, some game become at consoles first, or may be some exlusive games. But almost all games avaliable on PC  Roll Eyes
As I understand, the developers promise that the console will be able to play on PC and smart TV. Apparently the console will also be included as part of the system
xandebnu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Infleum

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:32:53 AM

This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley

lykovaleksey (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:33:22 AM

On October 12-13, we held a series of private meetings at Slush. Slush is a student-driven non-profit movement originally founded to change attitudes towards entrepreneurship. Also this month we will be able to meet at the following events:

Oct 18 - Blockchain Center (the largest in the world)
Oct 19 - Sydney, Australia. Fintech Investors Dinner
Oct 20 - Sydney, Australia
Oct 21 - Malaysia / Japan TBC
Oct 23 - Hong Kong FinTech Week http://fintechweek.hk/
Oct 24 - Dubai, UAE, World Blockchain Summit https://www.dubai.worldblockchainsummit.com/
Oct 24 - Las Vegas, NV, Coinagenda Global - Bitcoin & Digital Currency Investors Conference http://coinagenda.com/
Oct 26 - Indonesia, BlockBali http://www.blackarrowconferences.com/
Oct 28 - Gibraltar, ICO PITCH GIBRALTAR http://d10e.biz/gibraltar-2017/
Oct 28 - Australia / Melbourne, Intersekt Fintech Festival

- The events, at which we'll give a presentation, will be announced specifically!

◇ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
https://playkey.io

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:37:56 AM

Right. We have even 2 million visitors on the product website - https://playkey.net . Not all them are playing and paying for sure. But it is a significant number. We have even much more customers than we have servers. Decentralisation is the way of solving this challenge and scale very fast.

2 million visitors is really a great number. When does Playkey have started with a working platform?

I mean even if there are just 500,000 till 1,000,000 paying customers it is already a good start and a base to expand at all. If the platform is working like you have described this is probably one of the best investments currently on the market.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:42:56 AM

The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

This, a good website (which they absolutely have) and a celeb and the thing is done!!
Wish you good luck guys!!
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:02:30 AM

How fast after release of a specific game can we play it on PlayKey? Is it possible they will get some agreements to be able to host a game before the official release?

Well I think this will be almost instantaneous... Playkey is just providing the 3D hardware, so as soon as a game is release it should be playable on the PlayKey network.
phreeksta

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:09:11 AM

Well people do mine other coins with their graphics cards that could be used to play the games already. Not sure what's the difference would be.

Well yes. The difference is that in this case, you need actually also a good CPU + HDD space for the games. Putting just some graphics card together, like you do in mining, won't work here. Basically you buy a ONE gaming pc and let someone else control it. You can't really build rigs for gaming (well you can but it is surely not that easy like for mining). Besides, running several gaming pc would also don't work out for most of the people just because of the internet connection upstream limitations. Most internet providers offer decent downstream connections, but only 1/10 of that speed upstream.
That's why I wonder how much coins you will get for providing gaming power. 
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:12:02 AM

Which latest popular games they have? I dont played for a long time, because I dont have time now, but may be Ill try this  Roll Eyes
GTAV, Overwatch, Dota2, WatchDogs 2, Witcher 3 and so on and so on, you can see the list on web site.

The games they have are very big, and those games have millions of users. I cant find more information on the servers they will use. Or will they make a partnership with a blockchain that focus on renting out servers? I cant imagine the computing power you need with millions of people playing
This will be realized on the technology of decentralization. Miners and will be servers

I would like the dev's to present some sort of spreadsheet on how many miners/computers will be necessary to run Dota2 with millions of users. Just to give us an idea how this would work
once it gets more popular.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:13:25 AM

The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

Miners have computers unsuitable for playing on them. In addition to a heap of powerful video cards there is nothing. Usually the processor is weak, the HDD is slow (or there is none at all, and the OS starts from the flash drive), RAM is small.
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:18:23 AM

How fast after release of a specific game can we play it on PlayKey? Is it possible they will get some agreements to be able to host a game before the official release?

Well I think this will be almost instantaneous... Playkey is just providing the 3D hardware, so as soon as a game is release it should be playable on the PlayKey network.

But you know it never will happen?!
snos-boss

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:21:21 AM

Just had a look at the new website.
I noticed that you now put SmartTV on the list of capable devices to play. Now that is also very cool. No more need for a PS or XBOX Cheesy

but on the other hand, will be a smartTVs capacity good enough? as far as i know, most of them run on lowcost intel atom or quadcore qualcomm mobile phone cpus Smiley and i think you need at least a good portion of RAM, too ><"

yes is going to be enough,  your television will just be getting a video stream, while the remote system is really doing the heavy lifting running the game at top graphics
It is so important to have fast Internet and that the miners were not far from you
phreeksta

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:23:35 AM

Great idea Playkey!

Miners have computers unsuitable for playing on them. In addition to a heap of powerful video cards there is nothing. Usually the processor is weak, the HDD is slow (or there is none at all, and the OS starts from the flash drive), RAM is small.

Yep that is my point. You can't just use mining rigs for gaming.

I would like the dev's to present some sort of spreadsheet on how many miners/computers will be necessary to run Dota2 with millions of users. Just to give us an idea how this would work
once it gets more popular.

A lot computers ^^. What needs to be considered is, that you need some pretty good software, that is able to distribute hardware resources. What the huge cloud gaming providers do, is basically having big servers and using virtualization to give customers the hardware they need on demand. Of course most of private miners won't have the hardware (that is super expensive), nor the knowledge to configure the whole stuff. So, assuming playkey will offer some sophisticated easy software for miners, I still don't see more than max. 2 user simultaneously per gaming pc.
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:25:33 AM

anybody tried already to play some game and want to share some impression on it? cannot try myself now but ill give it a try for sure this evening Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEbfqFx-j4 a video of a guy playing gta V, on his weak computer, and then plays through playkey for comparison

Or you can just google playkey gameplay for other videos.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:36:13 AM

anybody tried already to play some game and want to share some impression on it? cannot try myself now but ill give it a try for sure this evening Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEbfqFx-j4 a video of a guy playing gta V, on his weak computer, and then plays through playkey for comparison

Or you can just google playkey gameplay for other videos.

This video was already published on 2015!! You can really see the difference in speed.
Looks like Playkey is not a project that wants to benefit from the popularity of ICOs, but really seeking for solution for existing problems, with already a good working platform.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

Great idea Playkey!

Sad to hear, it would have been a great alternative source of income for GPU miners.

But it depends on the game. Games from a few years ago were more GPU demanding. Now there are better GPUs but more recent games started to be bottlenecked by storage, CPU and RAM. That trend may continue with the rising popularity and availability of multicore processors, especially since Ryzen.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:56:07 AM

It is so important to have fast Internet and that the miners were not far from you

I think internet connection is very important.
Nowadays there is fast internet connection in all economic countries. Just stream HD videos on Youtube and if they look really good, your connection would be great Wink

Cant wait to play Playkey AAA games using GPU mining power :p
phreeksta

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:56:37 AM

Great idea Playkey!

Sad to hear, it would have been a great alternative source of income for GPU miners.

But it depends on the game. Games from a few years ago were more GPU demanding. Now there are better GPUs but more recent games started to be bottlenecked by storage, CPU and RAM. That trend may continue with the rising popularity and availability of multicore processors, especially since Ryzen.

Don't forget for whom this service is ... for people with crappy PCs that want to play new games with max graphic settings :-) So most of the customers will use a lot of hardware resources.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: