Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21549 times)
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:45:25 PM

For me bitcoin is is really secured, you just need to be carefull so that your bitcoin will become more secure.
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:48:49 PM

There you have a sample of it, its security is such that neither the government can intervene in such matters, they only restrict.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:59:58 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 12:21:06 AM by cybersofts

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers

Bitcoin was designed to be secure to the level where no one can hack the bitcoin network and steal bitcoins.
Bitcoin developers are the ones responsible for maintaining and updating the bitcoin core and security issues too.
Government can never ban bitcoin the way you are thinking because bitcoin doesn't have servers like facebook or amazon.
Bitcoin network is peer-to-peer, so no can shut it down because the network is run by thousands of computers around the world.
That is why no country has the power to shutdown bitcoin or bitcoin network. And for criminals they using more anonymous currencies now such as Dash, and ZCash.
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:28:18 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
I believe btc is secured because the money here is real big their system is handle with care and if btc is not secured maybe this is not continuing right now. if your account was hacked it's already your fault because you didn't take care of it or you are careless in handling your account. it was blocked by using it legally I believe that this system was used for good market not for doing bad thing.
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:07:17 PM

I can say yes it is secure. As long as you Dont let anyone know all your private information its all secure. But if you are so careless, then might someone can hacked your wallet account or whatsoever. We need to be more responsible for all our actions, just to keep all our information secure.
onifla

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

Hello pals,

i think yes because  Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to be in control of your money. Such great features also come with great security concerns. At the same time, Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. Always remember that it is your responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect your money.
Alfinopogi

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:13:40 PM

Hello pals,

i think yes bitcoin is really secure but You need to backup your wallet on a regular basis to make sure that all recent Bitcoin change addresses and all new Bitcoin addresses you created are included in your backup. However, all applications will be soon using wallets that only need to be backed up once.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:41:46 PM

Hello pals,
As far as I know bitcoin is really secure and legit. I'm just new here and I dont experience and trouble with it. Maybe if there are victims hacker it is the result of their carelessness because they dont keep their bitcoin personally. Bitcoins is an investment so you must need to be sure that your wallet or other information relating to BTC should be protected.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:12:37 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is secure. Storing Bitcoin by yourself is way safer than fiat in banks. Offline wallets are the safest way to store your bitcoins because your private keys are never exposed to your computer. Bitcoin transaction are also irreversible and it's almost impossible to guess someone's private key. The same thing goes for the seed.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Hello pals,

If someone wanted to hack bitcoin the only thing they can do is take the coins from the last few blocks that they previously spent. Later there will be an attack on the anyone can spend vulnerabilty of segwit though. That will happen years from now when there is a lot of BTC that have used segwit transactions.

A miner who is big enough can do these things, and so far almost nobody has ever done it because it would go against them and drop the bitcoin price. But years from now when there are millions of BTC in segwit anyone can spend transcations, I am sure miners will attack it then.

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/10/28/segwit-costs/#avoidance-2
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:07:21 AM

Bitcoin is really secure because of the amount of proof of work that has been performed on the network. Known as hashing, computers with high amounts of computer power solve algorithms that offer a reward to the computer which solves it by performing proof of work on it. There are, and have been huge computer farms hashing for BTC for many years.
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:30:26 AM

Hello pals,
Hi mam/sir . everything you must take a risk. Really a bitcoin is have a secure if youre password is too strojg and difficult to manipulate and hack. For me it is really secured because first you only yourself access your account there's no one. And no one can see this. All you need to do is set  ttrong password to can't hack your account
mitha rosdiana

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:26:18 PM

I think safe, bitcoin safe and there are facts, before getting bitcoin, you must have a wallet, the wallet itself is generated through code, and you need to enter a password, pin, or passphrase for you only. to access your wallet. The wallet itself is encrypted which gives you security, so you have little food to store in your wallet, you also need a password or access to send your bitcoin, also your chipoid has its own algorithm, hackers will have difficulty to do so. and make sure your wallet is safe, do not give important information to your wallet and keep it where you keep your coin, whether it be a desktop wallet or a ledger, do not be careless and rash.
ankorustoken

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

Bitcoin is totally secured but you need to adopt a few things like using a complex password, not using your credentials that can be guessed as password, using 2FA, using hardware wallet and most importantly, never gossip about your BTC with anybody.
Mikwik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:10:00 PM

It's all depends on what platform we choose to invest and
how we handle our capital when we see the profit, how we manage to hold the profits and grab our investment back safe
Paranuatu

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:12:55 PM

Bitcoin is very secure against counterfeiting (it is impossible to counterfeit bitcoins because thats the very idea, it is alwayzs verified by thousands of users), but not secure against stealing, and even if your coins get stolen, they are almost impossible to retreive, law enforcement will not interveine, and very rarely do courts bring anyone to justice. Several precautions need to be taken, sometimes expensive wallets.

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:23:05 PM

Oh yeah yeah yeah..Bitcoin is very secure..you can do a little research about the inception of bitcoin and you will realize how amazingly it has survived and become successful to the extant that other cryptocurrencies are getting grounds to stand on...But one thing you should be aware of is that it can become very insecure if you get careless..you will just lose your coins if you dont take care..and you might think bitcoin is insecure.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:27:45 PM

Hello pals,

If someone wanted to hack bitcoin the only thing they can do is take the coins from the last few blocks that they previously spent. Later there will be an attack on the anyone can spend vulnerabilty of segwit though. That will happen years from now when there is a lot of BTC that have used segwit transactions.

A miner who is big enough can do these things, and so far almost nobody has ever done it because it would go against them and drop the bitcoin price. But years from now when there are millions of BTC in segwit anyone can spend transcations, I am sure miners will attack it then.

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/10/28/segwit-costs/#avoidance-2
I think bitcoin is really safe when you have wallet to secure your collect coin. And i'll know it safe because they still use bitcoin even though have read some bad news to it. Through the year bitcoin is become popular and growing.
noviana

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:52:19 PM

safe or not, it's our job to secure our bitcoin, if the issue of bitcoin loss is our own fault, but I know it's safe, we take it from the positive side, and do not take the downside, we are optimistic. . if we can keep and secure our bitcoin. And do not let us off guard.

DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:01:45 PM

safe or not, it's our job to secure our bitcoin, if the issue of bitcoin loss is our own fault, but I know it's safe, we take it from the positive side, and do not take the downside, we are optimistic. . if we can keep and secure our bitcoin. And do not let us off guard.

The lack of adequate security is the biggest problem for beginners. I witnessed many thefts due to weak wallet security systems. Without it, there is nothing to start your adventure with BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: