Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21546 times)
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:06:38 PM

yes it is, there are lot of bitcoiner specially those who are legendary member here who are proven that bitcoin is really secure. sometimes i think why some people say that or having doubt feeling that bitcoin is not secure is those who experience scam in their past investment.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

until right now i never heard about hacker can hack the blockchain system, because in blockchain, there are very secure, i ever read the article that hackers need 10 minutes to hack the blockchain system, if they can;t do that in 10 minutes the blockchain system will create a new "wall" in that system, so right now hackers need to breach 2 wall, the blockchain system create 1 "wall" every 10 minuts

kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:17:25 PM

Bitcoin is secured it just depends upon the wallet you're using to store bitcoin whether it is safe or not. Remember that bitcoin is prone to many hackers so the more you keep your coins secured the more the coin will be safe and grow.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:24:08 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 06:59:56 PM by MCVXYZ

I think  it's secured.but partially,it's depend on you.you must use secured exchanges and wallets(cold storage-provides the highest level of security for savings).Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly.so follow some basic security practices and don’t keep all your money in a single wallet.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers

In bitcoin the weakest point of seciurity is you so you have to be aware  how to proteckt your sellf from hacking.
Imo best option currenty are hardware wallets the only way to steal you BTC is to get you Hardware wallet and hand hack it phisically but even with that is not easy.
So for me this is best security.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ultraminer11

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:38:55 PM

Yes it is but shou should still secure it yourself by checking your wallet passwords and making it more hard to guess.You can also secure it by scanning your computer for some viruses such as keyloggers that tracks your password and gives it to the hacker.
its not. a lot of people tried to hack, cheat or even bots that get bitcoins fast. but this changed the idea of being safe. it is safe if you are talking about the wallet and the savings that you have, if and only if you make sure that it is secured and you don't share it to other people, however this form of security is controlled by you, then it is safe for you.and i also think that it is highly secure.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:47:20 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
as long as we can keep our account well I feel safe and one of the ways I do is change my account password every week for now I feel safe with what I do in maintaining the security of my bitcoin account
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:50:17 PM

I am not really involved with the IT security and stuffs but I think that it is one of the most secure currencies in the world.
If you notice, you can see that your Bitcoin address change every 3-4 days and this for the untracebility. If hackers notice that a single wallet had many transactions they will try to hack it but if the address is changed they Don't know which wallet has money.    
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:53:57 PM

There are some leaks on blockchain which happens after forks. Leaks can be considered as double speding or attack to network with powerful hashrate etc. That's why mainly big exchanges send emails about fork and warn customers about upcoming events.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:56:10 PM

Bitcoin is very secured and no one can get unto it. It has its own security which we, people, are the only one who can disappeared it. By our carelessness, our bitcoin can be harmful and near for danger.
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:06:46 PM

Bitcoin is not totally secure. If you store them in an online wallet, it can sometimes be hacked and your bitcoins would be stolen. But on the other hand it's difficult for hackers to distinguish in which wallet bitcoin really has because the wallet address is changing time to time.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:14:59 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is completely secure, btc we will be safe because no one can steal from you as long as we keep our account and password well, except from your own carelessness, because it can make someone take advantage of your negligence.
spinno

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:43:40 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is secure. Else people wouldn't invest millions into it.
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:50:32 PM

I am not really involved with the IT security and stuffs but I think that it is one of the most secure currencies in the world.
If you notice, you can see that your Bitcoin address change every 3-4 days and this for the untracebility. If hackers notice that a single wallet had many transactions they will try to hack it but if the address is changed they Don't know which wallet has money.    
Hack Bitcoin Wallet? How to do that? They don't have your private, beside that, they also don't have access to hacking your computer if you have protected. Change address is just a function to avoid someone track your transaction, if hacker can rob your seed wallet, these address will also stolen by them.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:06:37 PM

The higher our awareness, the more secure bitcoin we have, the many web wallet users who do not want to activate the 2FA feature, so hackers are easy to steal web wallet password.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
hadisaw

Activity: 245

https://keepcalm.finance/

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

Yes, bitcoin is very safe. As long as you do not forget to save the Private Key, bitcoin will remain safe in your wallet.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DELTA5ROD

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:34:19 PM

Unless you are dumb enough to enter phishing websites or give your access codes or keys to someone , your wallet will be very secure because these websites are dead serious about their security measures and won't be risking their reputation or the millions of dollars that people are storing in their data bases .
trungnhatnguyen06

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:03:18 AM

The bottom line is that Bitcoin can not be faked like fake papers. Anyone who receives Bitcoin can be confident that they are real and valuable. However, safety in trading is the biggest fault of this currency. When bitcoin transactions have been adopted by all parties, this transaction can not be reversed without the consent of the recipient. Therefore, when the hacker makes the transaction, the money will never come back
maihoangminh1808

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:04:58 AM

The idea that Bitcoin is safe, although it could be stolen, is like saying gold is safe, although it can be stolen. In the end, they can not be destroyed.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:44:24 AM

Hello pals,

the protocol isnt really in danger of being "hacked"; it can be attacked, but by design these attacks would require very large amounts of resources to carry out, and arent really feasible to do. the code is pretty secure because its been peer reviewed by a great many people. if there is a major exploit still left in there it is a gem; however we do expose ourselves a bit when we introduce new code to the protocol.

what is able to be hacked quite easily is you Smiley much easier to use malicious code to steal your private keys, and empty your wallet. so, bitcoin isnt really all that hackable, but the people that use it are the low hanging fruit of the equation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: