Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

Bitcoins plays both role in our society,  the bitcoin serve us the currency that can be used in all kinds of commercial transactions and a asset that can helps you to buils a better life in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:35:21 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .

Currently, in most countries we can't use Bitcoins directly to buy things either in any shops or online as well so I think as of now Bitcoin is only an asset or investment. If we need money then we need to sell the asset and use that money to buy other things. When we can buy things directly with bitcoins then we can consider it as a currency until that it is an asset. I know currently, we can use Bitcoins to buy some items online but still need to improve or grow a lot.
You are right! It is true that many countries are still not recognizing bitcoin as currency. There are still a lot of stores and business that are not aware to what is bitcoin. We can consider bitcoin as investment and asset.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
rinkeshkashyap01

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:47:58 PM

My thinking at this time is that, bitcoin has been both the role. Currency and property. If you look at the property, then you can work in the future. And at this time my country is India, it has been banned, so it is equivalent to one of the assets for me. its my opinion.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:54:18 PM

As for me Bitcoin is highly liquid and highly profitable asset. Because in long-term conditions, I can sell it whenever I want and if i hold it, it can bring me nice profit.
TN0904950

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

Bitcoin is virtual currency, it has many benefits and each person uses it with their own item. Bitcoin may be currency or property. It can be used for trading or hoarding.

I think in the future it will definitely be much bigger
Because with the many advantages that are much better than other currencies gives the bitcoin a tremendous opportunity to become popular and in use, even now I am getting information that BAnk swiss generally sells Ethereum, bitcoin and bitcoin cash to its customers. I also see that bitcoin will be one of the most widely used currencies in the future.
GardenChristian

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:01:28 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
I think bitcoin is both. Bitcoin has been recognized in some countries, and people use bitcoin as a currency to pay for it. People invest in bitcoins, so bitcoins are an asset, and people can easily exchange bitcoins for money.
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:10:36 PM

bitcoin is an asset because many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use it to buy whatever they want like paying bills or buying stuff. bitcoin is the currency because bitcoin benefits us. we can use Bitcoin to buy some items online but still need to improve or grow many things.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:24:25 PM

Until now, disputes about what is actually a crypto-currency - a financial instrument, a commodity, a payment instrument or something else, that does not fit into the existing classification of assets and require a new definition for the world of modern finance, have not been abated yet. This age-old question about the nature of bitcoin has become a cornerstone for regulators and legislators of many countries.

In recent years, more and more countries are questioning the regulation of digital currencies. At the same time, the authorities of some countries interpret the crypto currency as an asset, others as a means of payment, others as a commodity, and the fourth ones do prohibit the circulation of digital currencies. The latter include Vietnam, Lebanon, Bangladesh and other developing countries with a not very stable economy and national currency. The leadership of such states often generously "feeds" their citizens with statements about the "risks of financial pyramids," "high volatility," and that digital currencies are allegedly used only to implement criminal schemes.

Obviously, most regulators of such countries are afraid that the usual tools of monetary policy will simply lose their former effectiveness, and the population as a result will give preference to crypto-currencies, if not for everyday exchange, then at least to maintain value in conditions of galloping inflation and lack of confidence in the banking system.

At the same time, the demand for crypto-currencies is also expressed by residents of developed countries, where the economy is relatively stable, and banks inspire much more confidence than, say, the financial institutions of Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan. And the motives of crypto investors from the US, Japan or South Korea are not necessarily related only to speculative interest, fueled by the extremely high yield of digital currencies in comparison with traditional financial instruments (such as stocks, bonds or bank deposits).

More and more people are beginning to realize that the world of traditional finance is far from ideal. Much becomes clear, if you quickly examine the infographics on the site of Visual Capitalist. So, at present the volume of the world stock market is $ 73 trillion, which is roughly comparable with the world GDP ($ 74 trillion). Probably there is something wrong here, because not only large corporations, but also non-public small and medium-sized businesses, private entrepreneurs or, in other words, millions of ordinary people produce goods and services.
adifariz

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:28:46 PM

Could be both. Bitcoin can be a currency and an asset. This can be a currency because of the transfer of funds online and easy to use. It can also be an asset, but I can say that you will need time for you to keep investing. Now look at Bitcoin, you put money into it and return the money and also add more of your money so that the hybrid is an asset and that is the currency. That's how I define it.
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:12:21 PM

First of all bitcoin is a currency but people was mad because of high price and bitcoin is using as currency in draknet only. It's possible that problems with price nowadays are cause of people who forget about bitcoins main purpose.
Gdra467

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 07:33:33 PM

Since bitcoin can be used for the exchange of goods and services, it is surely a currency
gvnsrbtc

Activity: 523
Merit: 285

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

At the moment bitcoin is not very suited to be used as a currency because of the high transaction fees. In the future it might become very suitable tho. So as of now for me it is more of an investment, and thus an asset.
Arisgado

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:10:35 PM

In my opinion, we can call it the same, it's currency because it's used in transaction. and an asset because it is rising or decreasing as well, such as a home and land while the value is increasing or vehicle as the value drops as they last. we can compare those things into bitcoin as an asset.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:37:30 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

To me I think bitcoin is both currency and asset,  why because bitcoin can be you for day to day exchange automatically this has qualify it to be currency and also bitcoin can be save as a long time items which also makes it an asset, not just asset but digital asset.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:45:39 PM

Actually for me, Bitcoin acts as both currency and an asset at the same time for the reason that it possesses the characteristics a currency and an asset possess to effectively consider it and claim it as the one. Bitcoin acts as a currency in a way that you can use Bitcoin as a term of payment in any online merchandises that was like an innovated version of our regular currency which makes it a lot more easier to pay even without that need to get cash from your wallet and transactions are fastly made by the means of it. In the other hand, Bitcoin acts as an asset for the reason that an asset is a growing  money which is commonly used for investments that was a characteristic of Bitcoin to evenly grow due to its volatility.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:50:55 PM

Actually for me, Bitcoin acts as both currency and an asset at the same time for the reason that it possesses the characteristics a currency and an asset possess to effectively consider it and claim it as the one. Bitcoin acts as a currency in a way that you can use Bitcoin as a term of payment in any online merchandises that was like an innovated version of our regular currency which makes it a lot more easier to pay even without that need to get cash from your wallet and transactions are fastly made by the means of it. In the other hand, Bitcoin acts as an asset for the reason that an asset is a growing  money which is commonly used for investments that was a characteristic of Bitcoin to evenly grow due to its volatility.
Yeah, Bitcoin has so much function and it could be considered as an asset or a currency depends on what activity you want to use Bitcoin for.
It will be a currency if you're using them to buy other coins , it will be an asset if you're keeping them in a wallet and wait for the right moment to sell.
It could be a saving if you want to keep them for your children also , there will be no physical damage over the time like golds because it's digital .
bellator66

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:04:12 PM

Di negara saya,bitcoin di anggap sebagai aset bukan mata uang.untuk peredarannya tidak boleh sebagai alat transaksi jual beli.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:16:33 PM

if I think bitcoin is an asset is not a currency.
why I say assets. Because bitcoin we can sell at any time to meet the needs of our household .

if in the country of Indonesia bitcoin still can not we say as money gan. because the Indonesian government still prohibits transactions using bitcoin. if just as an asset not what .
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:17:08 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency that has a function equivalent to a real currency even though it doesn't have official legality, but now bitcoin is more likely to be a business asset that has benefited from bitcoin price fluctuations, taking advantage of characteristics of investor growth bitcoin as well traders who do their activities with bitcoin are now increasing.
roronoa zoro

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:26:30 PM

Untuk saat ini belum bisa dikatakan bahwa bitcoin itu merupakan mata uang.Hanya sebagian kecil negara-negara dunia yang sudah berkomitmen melalui bitcoin dalam mempromosikan mata uang  mereka untuk digantikan dengan bitcoin.Akan tetapi bitcoin juga menjadi sumber aset atau kekayaan kelak dikemudian hari.Kesimpulannya. lebih baik bitcoin kita jadikan aset daripada mata uang.Karena aset bisa dijadikan mata uang.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: