Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:45:55 AM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Of course this bitcoin is digital currency so bitcoin is currency becuase you can covert it into real money and if you conbert it into real money  you call this as an asset because you can use this to buy anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:40:52 AM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

I think its both for me.We can say it is currency when we use to pay our bills in our wallet and its an asset if we save it in our wallet waiting for the higher increase value of bitcoin.Both of them are suite for the definition of each other .Bitcoin is a digital currency a currency for the future of our money.
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:26:00 AM

its seems like both of it. you can say its an asset when you hold it like a gold that is for invesment and on the other side you could say its a currency, cause of the liquidation itselff  and maybe in the future a lot lf thing can be brought by bitcoin.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:35:31 AM

I think its both a currency and an asset. Every currency is an asset since we own it. Something that we own is our asset. Bitcoin is a currency that we owned.

CoinChili

Activity: 239
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:41:44 AM

A virtual currency is also a currency it has been widely used to purchase goods in some merchants around the world, and it could be an asset that by holding them it actually increase the price and have earnings with it.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:42:37 AM

I would say it's both. When you try to look at it, it is a currency but since not many used it, it limits the use of it. So most of us who has it treat it as an investment or an asset.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 09:36:37 PM by senne

Totally depends form user to user. If you heard from someone that Bitcoin is a nice way to increase money in the long term and you invest for a particular period of time for better returns, then you are considering Bitcoin as Asset. But if you use Bitcoin for trading and buying and selling commodities or services than you are using it as a form of Currency. But if we take a closer look, then Bitcoin serves both as currency and asset to a person. One can trade it for things and while using it and keeping it for trade purposes is value rises with time, hence also becoming an asset for the user.
reisuke24

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 10:04:36 AM

bitcoin is asset for me.
bitcoin can make us rich when we fight on it. it additional my income every month, more than other job.
but bitcoin can be currency, if there any store or any people that transaction use bitcoin
Misshi

Activity: 247

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:14:33 AM

Bitcoin's price volatility have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency. Bitcoin's usefulness as a currency has led to conflicts over the nature of Bitcoin. To be considered as currency, Bitcoin must be be liquid. Meaning you can have it ready whenever you needed it. In that case Bitcoin is not like that. So for me, Bitcoin now is still a speculative asset like Gold.

JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:17:05 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin is a currency I don't consider as asset. Bitcoin is crypto currencies which we can use it as per the situation required.

Currency is you can use it any time. Asset  we should hold for certain period to handle it.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
wiepers

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:21:42 AM

I consider bitcoin as a currency and also as an asset  Grin why is that? yes because any currency can be said as an asset. because assets are inanimate objects used to be stored, used and others. all things that do not move or live are called assets  Smiley

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:38:35 AM

Bitcoin's price volatility have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency. Bitcoin's usefulness as a currency has led to conflicts over the nature of Bitcoin. To be considered as currency, Bitcoin must be be liquid. Meaning you can have it ready whenever you needed it. In that case Bitcoin is not like that. So for me, Bitcoin now is still a speculative asset like Gold.
i think it is both currency and asset because it is the way to get more huge income and it is really a good assset to have extra income that can make you provide the daily needs of the family.it is the asset that really helps  a lot specialy to those  people who are in need of financial aspect.maybe we just only believe on btc.in order for us to success on this feild of making profit.
chichan13

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:41:24 AM

In my country, bitcoin as an asset is a lot more observed than its nature as a currency. The reason behind this is that investment is more proposed to users than the services or products you can buy with bitcoins. The volatility (as quoted above) is the unique feature that makes Bitcoin a good asset and form of investment.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:46:38 AM

Due to popular demand, bitcoin's most common purpose for regular users is an asset. Very few of people I know that uses Bitcoins are really using it to buy things. Most of them are long term investors that holds their bitcoins until the market value increases. Trading bitcoins to fiat give them earnings because of bitcoins fluctuation.
DenGreen910

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:40:25 PM

I think btc is the way to earn money. btw you can invest your money.
Personaly I do prefer those I understand and where I can really become user. For example: I wont invest into Universa, it is just one more ethereum killer, on the other hand Confideal can be ICO I'll believe — it can be used by any person even he never heard about crypto before. Great choice as for me.
Any product that can decrease taxes deserves to live imho
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:01:17 PM

I treat Bitcoin as a long term investment. That's why I try not to spend it when I don't have to. I believe that Bitcoin has a potential to become a widely used currency. I think it will be used in the middle of trades and it will be valuable resource which won't be easy to replace. If you want to trade any other cryptocurrency than Bitcoin then their price depends on it, no matter what.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:17:34 PM

Actually most of us are doubt about this if it is an asset or currency. But in general identification, bitcoin is a kind of asset that is convertable into fiat money if we exchange it into our local currency.
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:17:49 PM

Under the classical concept of currency Bitcoin and other digital money is not suitable, if only because they are not provided with anything. Most likely, after the crypto currency is very firmly embedded in our life, the concepts of currency, money, financial assets will be revised and the crypto currency will be classified as an international currency. Therefore now it is not so important how to call it now. What is important is that the crypto currency will become so strong that over time
 will supplant what we now call currency.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

Under the classical concept of currency Bitcoin and other digital money is not suitable, if only because they are not provided with anything. Most likely, after the crypto currency is very firmly embedded in our life, the concepts of currency, money, financial assets will be revised and the crypto currency will be classified as an international currency. Therefore now it is not so important how to call it now. What is important is that the crypto currency will become so strong that over time
 will supplant what we now call currency.
Aby definition any thing which has value is scarcity and any scarcity which can be claimed by someone is called assets. So by definition bitcoin is an assets by definition it cant be called currency right now. Because currency means the mode of payment issued by the government so bitcoin is neither issued by any government in the world nor it can be used for buying and selling. In  short bitcoin is an asset.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

I think its both for me.We can say it is currency when we use to pay our bills in our wallet and its an asset if we save it in our wallet waiting for the higher increase value of bitcoin.Both of them are suite for the definition of each other .Bitcoin is a digital currency a currency for the future of our money.
In term of nature it is both the asset and currency but in the world of monetary economics it is nothing neither asset nor currency because in economics we studied that economy is the study of scarcity. So in term of this concept bitcoin has value in the real  world. Because it can never be seen nor can be touch. The currency concept in economics is very clear. The paper note issued by the federal bank of a country against the gold they have is called currency so bitcoin have nothing in back nor it is issued by the federal bank of any country in the world.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: