Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 04:28:20 PM

For me BTC is assets as I based it as currency to buy other ALTs and eventually i would sell BTC back for fiats, like basically what gold does so that people perceived it as valuable.

I understand BTC is originated as currency for transaction, but so far its not that popular to access everything in my country, at least.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:31:07 PM

It is a bit of both really. Whilst currency be characterized as a medium of exchange, bitcoin can also be used as an asset and thus could serve 2  different purposes.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:33:12 PM

Maybe for now it can be said as an asset, because we can invest and benefit from it, but may be able to think back to others who just use bitcoin as a means of payment. It is indeed very difficult to compare as currency or assets
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

It is obvious that Bitcoin is a digital currency having unique characteristics than other currencies. Due to its high worth and notable growth it is mostly used as an asset than a currency. The increasing price of bitcoin made it mroe profitable investment and asset than others.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:31:03 PM

Before bitcoin is just considered as digital currency, mostly used for transactions, even up to now, however bitcoin still posses a value, before only equivalent to cents, and now up to 4k USD. Bitcoin became an asset because people saw bitcoin as digital gold, becuase it has an equivalent to foreign exchanges which is now higher than gold, however bitcoin is still volatile and haven't reached yet its peak. Right now, if you have a number of bitcoin you can consider it asa valuable asset than currency, i think that is the reason that koreans rather used bcc for their daily transactions, and keep on holding bitcoin for future purposes, this is a good strategy, however i think people nowadays are beginning to forget why was bitcoin created, it still can be used for transactions, as it was originally made to be an alternative or a replacement for fiat.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:03:04 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Bitcoin is currency also called an assets for me too. For a couple of months, we heard about the news that Japan made a decision to make bitcoin as there legal currency, Follows by China do the same thing to make bitcoin legalize as their currency too and now soon to be the country of India if I am not mistaken are planning to make bitcoin as their legal currency also.
Bitcoins is an asset that can be converted into fiat and a currency which can be used directly as a payment so it’s both. We have been hearing about such news for long now but still didn't see any sort of progress at country level. However many renowned companies have accepted BTCs as payment for their services and the number is growing gradually.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Bitcoin is a currency it is as simple as that, the volatility comes from the fact that bitcoin is a completely new technology, and not only bitcoin is a new technology, it is a completely new way of thinking about a currency so people are not sure what to do it, and this is why we have threads like this that ask if bitcoin instead of being a currency is an asset.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:04:41 PM

Bitcoin is a form of currency but can be an asset when you invest with that. It is a currency, wherein you can transaction and pay your bills thrue BTC. Somehow, it can be an asset for you upon buying and holding it and consider it as your investment.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
xJuturna

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:07:47 PM

Well if you think about it, it's a little of both. It is a currency only because it has a monetary value attached to it as well as having online and I think maybe even physical ( I could be wrong on that ) vendors that accept it as payment for goods and services. It also serves as an asset as it periodically rises in falls in value. There aren't many things that are like this and it's just one more unique thing that bitcoin has going for it. I think one day it will lean more towards the currency side as it will have a fixed value or something close to it.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:34:24 PM

Bitcoin is a form of currency but can be an asset when you invest with that. It is a currency, wherein you can transaction and pay your bills thrue BTC. Somehow, it can be an asset for you upon buying and holding it and consider it as your investment.
yes that is right that bitcoin is a currency but we are using it as an assets. in fact in present time bitcoin is not using as currency because of the lack of the facilities as still most of the shopkeepers are not accepting bitcoin for shopping because they do not know about bitcoin. but in future we can expect that they will certainly start accepting bitcoin and then we will be using it as currency even in our local shops.
BartS

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:21:01 PM

For me BTC is assets as I based it as currency to buy other ALTs and eventually i would sell BTC back for fiats, like basically what gold does so that people perceived it as valuable.

I understand BTC is originated as currency for transaction, but so far its not that popular to access everything in my country, at least.
Everything is an asset but if you can use it as a medium of exchange then that is money, gold is money too even if not many people use it like that anymore, do you see the similitudes? Bitcoin is not used by a lot of people either but since you can use it as money then it is money, since it fits the definition perfectly both in theory and in practice.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:50:27 AM

BTC is digital currency become too much famous and get a great value, mostly big companies big brands starts to accept bitcoin that create a great hype and make the bitcoin price and demand as a currency.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:53:16 AM

But so far, it seems that function of bitcoin as currency is no longer priority even tends to be very valuable asset, of course this happens because the value is very high today so that bitcoin slowly changed its function as currency.
Basically, it’s an asset. Bitcoin is just a tech stock that has more value every other assets and commodities, including world currencies. And of course, it acts as a currency due to its high value also, and can easily transacted. An excellent to choose also.
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:05:59 AM

I think it's both an asset and a valuable currency
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:08:40 AM

I think bitcoin can be declared a currency and can be an asset as well. Both are including in the characters of bitcoin, bitcoin is obviously is a currency.. but on digital form and bitcoin is an asset that we can manage it to be profitable for us.

usman.temuri

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:08:48 AM

Bitcoin is asset. We use it for our future work. You can also compare it with currency because it gave us profit.Most of people don't know how to us it
ReLieD

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:09:21 AM

Bitcoin is a currency , a crypto currency which will be used widely in the future . Even now , most of the websites have started using Bitcoins as a mode of payment . But mainly bitcoin is used as an investment and people just hold Bitcoin instead of spending it

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:15:25 AM

I treat bitcoin as an asset because as a currency, the transaction fee is way too high and another thing is there only a few merchant in my country that accept bitcoin so the only time i use bitcoin as a currency is when i want to buy something digital online.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:41:57 AM

In my opinion my bitcoin that i have is an asset because we have it and make some profit, hmm its look like my bitcoin like a weapon to make some profit hahahahaha, yes my bitcoin is my weapon to make profit fom trading bitcoin and cryptos

tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:46:27 AM

sathosi nakatomo initially created bitcoin in order to solved the problems that exist in the payment system. with low fee and bitcoin transaction speed.
but at this time bitcoin was have a significant change,  from its unstable price means the price fluctuates, the fee is quite expensive, and the speed of the transaction. I think at this time bitcoin has become a digital asset like gold.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: