Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
blueross

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:38:42 PM

Bitcoin is a kind of currency but not for massive adoption. Bitcoin is like Gold, it's a lazy placement, not a currency. To be honest, I am sure that eBitcoin will one day overtake Bitcoin. eBitcoin fixes all Bitcoin issues... also the massive adoption, scalable and environment issue. Many here know about the potential of eBitcoin and are agree with that. A currency should be used by all the people, BTC with congestions cannot (And I am a BTC lover !!)
eBitcoin (eBTC) is :

—> Bitcoin code source on Ethereum Blockchain
—> Environment Friendly
—> Unforkable
—> All tokens are premined and in circulation (no miners issues and really deflationist)
—> Highly scalable with the Ethereum network
—> Faster (much more faster than BTC : 10-15sec tx for eBTC and 10-30 min for BTC)
—> Cheaper transaction fee
—> Possibility to send 255 payments within 1 transaction (1 fee)
—> Fit for mass adoption
—> Less congestion than BTC network
—> Sharding and plasma in the future
—> A smart Ecosystem with many crypto partners working together as a global team
TINYrick91

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:49:15 PM

Bitcoin is considered as a currency because it is a digital currency and you can call it asset as well because it is good for a long term investment. Most of the businessman are investing in this coins because the value is keep on increasing periodically.

I am more apt to think of it as a store of value. BTC is not able to be used for everyday transactions. For example sending $5 to a friend remains expensive and takes awhile to be confirmed by the network.

I'm interested in those who seek to overcome these issues. eBTC is a sleeping giant I think, as the project has the fundamentals to achieve mass adoption. Very exciting to think about the possibilities the future holds.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

In my own understanding BTC is both currency as well as asset. We already experienced BTC usage for almost a decade which btc become the number one wealth of some individuals and additionally btc become we a money which is generally used by many people that is why it can be called currency.

Elvis128

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:55:40 PM

Bitcoin is a very useful and necessary way to make transactions with our money. It operates without authority or central banks. All transactions are carried out by participants of the network. It is known all over the world. Anyone can become the member of the Bitcoin tribe. It opens new horizons of different opportunities. So what  is currency? 

Definitely bitcoin is a currency because is a means of exchange or trade and also an asset because you can keep it in time and either increased or decrease it's value
Elvis128

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:01:42 PM

Bitcoin is a very useful and necessary way to make transactions with our money. It operates without authority or central banks. All transactions are carried out by participants of the network. It is known all over the world. Anyone can become the member of the Bitcoin tribe. It opens new horizons of different opportunities. So what  is currency? 

Definitely bitcoin is a currency because is a means of exchange or trade and also an asset because you can keep it in time and either increased or decrease it's value

So if you love bitcoin you just must love  eBTC .
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:04:44 PM

The fact that the bitcoin can be used as legal tender for payment makes it an asset and the fact that the price of the coin has appreciated over time makes it an asset. So the bitcoin is both an asset and a currency, irrespective of the market crises it may be going through....

cepedacharles

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

For me, bitcoin is the currency and also the asset. because some people have sold their property to invest in bitcoin. It will carry the same meaning as property. Depends on the perception of each person. And bitcoin is very important in keeping and securing. All information about online wallets is risky and can evaporate at any time.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:07:30 PM

Whatever increases in value over a period of time is an asset. Land is an asset. Whatever can be used to pay for goods and services may be referred to as a currency. Bitcoin possess both qualities.
blueross

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:16:53 PM

So if you love bitcoin you just must love  eBTC .

Hello Elvis128, totally agree with you. eBTC is Bitcoin 2.0, it's written. More stronger in any domain. BTC was Satoshi step1, eBTC created maybe by the same Satoshi (eBTC creator is an unknown satoshi21 who disappeared as well) is the step 2 for massive adoption. Really strong project.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:16:25 PM

Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, so it is clear that bitcoin is a currency, although only virtual. Bitcoin is also an asset, because bitcoin can be a good store for the future. So if asked is bitcoin currency or assets? So my answer is both, bitcoin is currency and asset simultaneously.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:19:26 PM

Its an asset that can be used as a currency
yhnshjka

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

My country's recognition of Bitcoin is assets. But I think Bitcoin is not just an asset. Now all cryptocurrencies can be exchanged in the common currency without any problems. Bitcoin is the currency among digital currencies.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:46:31 PM

As for my opinion, I think bitcoin at the current moment suits the asset recognition. Because as a matter of fact it really is more of an asset of investment more than a currency. There are a lot of things and circumstances that hinder bitcoin and a lot of cryptocurrencies, if not all, the ability to stabilize in value and become currencies. But I think for the current moment it is just fine for bitcoin to be an asset.
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:51:31 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

I consider bitcoin as an asset. Although bitcoin values tend to be unstable, but in the long run the value can be high and it is good for investment.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
DonTsTop

Activity: 319

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

Bitcoin can work well as an asset. Also, it can be stored securely and cheaply. Moreover, cold wallets are the best way to store your Bitcoin safely. Bitcoin also has potential as a currency or maybe a global currency. New companies have been created to allow Bitcoin to be used in a much more friendly way. Additionally, As of now, Bitcoin remains as  asset or currency.
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:59:45 PM

I do not think bitcoin can be money. because now many have made a statement that bitcoin is a digital asset is not a money, so it is true. and I agree when bitcoin is said to be a digital asset
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:22:59 PM

Essentially, Bitcoin is being referred to as an asset, which is implying that the Bitcoin is an unstable investment, and it can’t be considered a currency. Any currency that’s considered to be a “currency” such as the USD, is considered to be stable, and not driven by volatile changes. Over the past year/months, the Bitcoin has experienced a surge in price, deeming it too premature to consider it to be a viable currency. To conclude, bitcoin tends to be an asset.
olyolali

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:38:54 PM

I think bitcoin is going to be a secondary currency for the future when the market price is stable but for now bitcoin prices are still not stable so still can not be used as a currency so for now bitcoin is better used as an asset for investment or digital assets
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

I would love if bitcoin was a currency, but the truth  it is mainly not used as a currency to pay for goods and services, but mainly be used as an investment,
 and  compete with other assets such as gold, government bonds, stocks and commodities.
Karakyli

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:56:16 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, not an asset, a global digital currency. Bitcoin will be able to find recognition around the world. With the help of bitcoin will carry out a large number of transactions. But in order to play the role of a global currency, bitcoin should be recognized by a large number of financial organizations, including central banks and governments of different countries. Asset it is not for the simple reason that it does not generate cash flows for holders of crypto currency. It can not be attributed to a certain class of assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: