Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:28:53 PM

I think both are true, because the currency can be used for transactions and buy whatever we want, while the assets because it can be calculated in value, I will make bitcoin as a future asset.

I also consider bitcoin as a currency because it can be used to buy something like family necessities, but if the country has already inaugurated bitcoin. other than that bitcoin is just a digital currency that has no physical. bitcoin is also a currency that has a lot of assets.

Bitcoin is currency and also one type of asset. If you keep it for a long time, then it will become an asset, and when you need money if you convert it into fiat, then it will be a currency. So i will treat bitcoin in both ways currency and asset.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

It's an asset that you can convert to your own currency. Having a coin on your wallet don't cost anything until you converted it so it means it is an asset for now. Not much businesses accepts it in exchange of a product for now.
Well it’s a currency but its also an asset because bitcoin price is high than any other currency actually how I am using bitcoin as an asset I will tell you I always buy bitcoins when the price is low and when the price go high then sell it out and as a result it give me a good amount of money so I think bitcoin is also an asset and it’s a currency as well.
I'd recommend to people that they should need to study about bitcoin because if they study about bitcoin it will help them to earn extra profit as you said that you are using it as an asset. Those who are using bitcoin as an asset they will get even more idea how to spend bitcoin because they are having ability in understanding things.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
AntonAnton

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:02:38 PM

At present, the Russian government is discussing the issue of the "status" of bitcoin. It is proposed to use bitcoin as an asset, rather than a crypto currency.
Fakyaboy

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

I think bitcoin is a currency ,because of the benefits came from bitcoin like buying your needed things or supply and paying your debts.
dansmith_99

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

In my opinion, people use it mostly as an asset but as there are more and more applications and businesses that accept bitcoin it will be used as a currency.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:41:04 PM

it work both ways  but what i think is bitcoin more currency than an asset because you can use it to buy and sell goods
more and more everyday some even use it as pay for in some jobs and alot of organizations these days accept bitcoin as another forms of payment  Smiley
Jgatsby

Activity: 265

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:48:08 PM

Based on the article I read before, there are some jurisdiction who considers BTS as an asset-like values like japan who followed the middle-ground approach. so basically it depends upon your jurisdiction some considers it as a currency where as other considers it as a property or an asset.

smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:48:15 PM

For me it is both an asset and a currency
bitcoin is a currency because we can use it as a mode of payment in any parties who accepts bitcoin as payment.
bitcoin is an asset (both long term and short term investment depending on how long you hold it) because it can be hold for accumulating unrealized gains due to its volatility.

nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:09:55 PM

Asset value same or decrease in some chances but some time may be few asset become high price but mostly assets value decreases in future, But Bitcoin value is increasing rapidly and have a good price and also make new high price in the market and make more and more attraction and I think Bitcoin is used as currency but its value is increasing day by day.
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:24:29 PM

In generic/common man terms  -  it’s a currency and treated as an asset.

Technically, Bitcoin is a crypto currency and not a digital asset for the reasons as mentioned below;

1. Originally created and designed to be used as currencies and are capable of replacing cash in the future, if legalised all over the world.

2. Also, Bitcoin cannot be utilised beyond the purpose of being used as currency, which makes it totally different from digital assets.

3. Bitcoin has own features and original block chains unlike digital assets which build on top another layer of a block chain.

4. Bitcoin, like other crypto currencies are mineable while digital assets are usually issued during an initial coin offering and are often not mineable.

Djalal7310

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:27:11 PM

Bitcoin is an asset not a currency
Because bitcoin lacks the fundamental attribute it needs to be a currency that can meet the needs of modern economic development

And bitcoin owners exchange their bitcoins into native currencies like dollars, euros and other currencies

So in conclusion I think bitcoin is an asset not a currency

Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:34:52 PM

I think both are true, because the currency can be used for transactions and buy whatever we want, while the assets because it can be calculated in value, I will make bitcoin as a future asset.

I also consider bitcoin as a currency because it can be used to buy something like family necessities, but if the country has already inaugurated bitcoin. other than that bitcoin is just a digital currency that has no physical. bitcoin is also a currency that has a lot of assets.

Bitcoin is currency and also one type of asset. If you keep it for a long time, then it will become an asset, and when you need money if you convert it into fiat, then it will be a currency. So i will treat bitcoin in both ways currency and asset.

I really agree with you, where bitcoin can be used various ways depending on how one uses it, and the necessity is always there every person in their day, and certainly very useful if someone has bitcoin and they make bitcoin, as the second currency in their country ...
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

IMO it's like gold, a good value at long term range. Block's delay and fees are too high to compete with paypal/apple pay.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:39:31 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

I think Bitcoin is a currency rather than an asset. Because it shows the full function of a coin. You doubt because its price is unstable. Yes, maybe its price is unstable because of the difficulties it has encountered in the past. However, it will be the currency of the future when it gives users benefits like full, clean, fast and global.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sunno330

Activity: 406

homt.net

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:45:51 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .
I agree with your speak.Bitcoin is asset and currency.I think if I was a trader, then I thought it is currency.  But when I stock bitcoin, the. I think bitcoin is asset. Its depend on which work you used bitcoin  Wink

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:51:05 PM

many people say bitcoin is gold, because it has a mining system. just like gold, looking for gold through mining. packaging is an asset, so bitcoin too is an asset because it has many similarities. one of which is mining
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:56:21 PM

Bitcoin is the digital currency and also the common asset that speaks. You need to claim it on your taxes as an asset, that's for sure and some countries do not recognize it as a currency but in fact it's true.  Cool
checkmate25

Activity: 65
Merit: 11

Fire fire fire

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:27:24 PM

it is both. as i've been reading the pages. I do agree with most of the points given. let us see if it becomes a liability in the future. we do hope not
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:30:58 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency, and assets are just as cool as investors who have lots of bitcoin many assets from bitcoin, I also often name my assets in bitcoin as my asset.
awaramalik

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:40:46 PM

For me, Bitcoin is not yet a currency because it is not yet legally accepted worldwide but it is certainly an asset. It has value that's either appreciate or depreciate depending on the market. I think in the near future, Bitcoin can considered a currency once legalized.

for me btc is an asset because buy btc but legaly that BTC is don't accepted worlswide.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: