Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:38:31 PM

My opinion is that bitcoin is both currency and asset.It is asset because if you hold bitcoin when the price rise you can have more profit.On the other hand it is currency because you can store them on your private wallet and can get them in cash any time you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:44:34 PM

For me bitcoin is both
It's be my asset when i do trading but mostly i use that as curreny
Bitcoin is currency equals to asset. If you dont have money you did not buy a property, to become assets. Thats why bitcoin is asset and currency you need to care of it.

Nenni

Activity: 371
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

I think bitcoin is a type of currency that can be used as an asset
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:57:39 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .

I somewhat agree to this that they should be identified in the same categories but for me under different type since bitcoins is a currency by its nature and how it was established to assets were supposed to provide you something of value which in return will give you currency so they go hand in hand. Bitcoins can be an asset but in some different scenarios a currency because of its very high value it appears to be too much to be just spent instead investors sees it as an asset and prefer to hoard and hold it for future market purposes in case the prices go up.

nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:09:16 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .

I somewhat agree to this that they should be identified in the same categories but for me under different type since bitcoins is a currency by its nature and how it was established to assets were supposed to provide you something of value which in return will give you currency so they go hand in hand. Bitcoins can be an asset but in some different scenarios a currency because of its very high value it appears to be too much to be just spent instead investors sees it as an asset and prefer to hoard and hold it for future market purposes in case the prices go up.
Bitcoin is currency since it fits the bill perfectly, we could argue that there is nothing in the world more suited to be a currency than bitcoin, so if bitcoin is not a currency then nothing is. But it is also an asset since its price is increasing highly in short amount of time, it is offering the opportunity to making money just by holding the coins.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:54:07 PM

Bitcoin is a very valuable asset, no need to be stolen (if enabled 2FA feature) and its value continues to grow. I'm sure the bitcoin trend can last for a long time.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:08:07 PM

Bitcoin is a very valuable asset, no need to be stolen (if enabled 2FA feature) and its value continues to grow. I'm sure the bitcoin trend can last for a long time.
Although the creation of bitcoin is purposed to be currency but somepeople and countries still considered it as asset or commoditiy. This is normal because the price of bitcoin is volatile and continues to rise. But actually bitcoin is currency which gives many benefits to the users, and also it is better that paper money.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
hadisaw

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

https://keepcalm.finance/

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:56:39 PM

I think bitcoin is not just virtual money, it's a future asset. Same with home, gold, stock or others. The difference is bitcoin have a limited supply.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

I think bitcoin is a coin, while currency is a typical means of payment from a country, if we see bitcoin has its own body because the managers personally independent of their home country, maybe like that
steven.spearman

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:18:21 AM

Many people think bitcoin is just a virtual currency, but not a few say it is an asset. To me, bitcoin is a very good asset, because the supply is so small, making bitcoin more scarce for years to come.

darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:29:12 AM

When we say currency it is a money used by a country. Based on that definition I think bitcoin is just an asset fr now. It is true that it offers a great potential and big opportunity in making money but it is not yet widely used. Think of it as an investment for the future where I think bitcoin or any other crypto currency will then be used commonly.

Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

it is a currency that you can consider as asset! bitcoin is very volatile yet it is not the kind of dump ! you can expect a pump for it everytime !
I think bitcoin is both it’s a currency and as well as its an asset as well if you want to use it for your daily expanse so you can use it easily and If you want to keep it for investment purpose it will also help you and if you want to keep it save for its also batter idea because you can use it for your children’s in coming time and it will really help.
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:11:26 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

I consider bitcoin as both. It is indeed an online currency, that's why it's built, it is for this purpose. It only becomes an asset because of it's changing value. Like a land property, it's price gets higher and we consider it as an asset.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:19:13 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
For me it is an asset. Bitcoin is not just a currency, it is an investment. It is not just about earning bitcoin, then exchange it to the local rate but it can also serve as an asset in terms of saving while earning. Because when we earn bitcoin and save it to our wallet, the value of it may increase so that can have more fiat when exchange it. And money is an asset. That's why bitcoin is an asset not a currency.
tharindukw96

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:24:47 PM

In my opinion,

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?

AtoZForex – In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?

The Bitcoin geeks tend to think of Bitcoin in currency terms, calling it a virtual currency. But, Is Bitcoin a currency or asset? Concern over Bitcoin’s usefulness as a currency has led to conflicts.

Bitcoin as an asset

Bitcoin can work well as an asset. Also, it can be stored securely and cheaply. Moreover, cold wallets are the best way to store your Bitcoin safely. Bitcoin is also easily exchanged in various exchanges like the Coinbase.

As a store of significant worth, Bitcoin is much more basic and secure than other genuine resources. For instance, the land is a store of significant worth, yet all property requires support and taking care of to create the return. Indeed, even empty land requires some progressing costs, with property taxes and legal requirements.

Moreover, various regulators have endeavored to lawfully arrange Bitcoin and different cryptographic forms of currency. Many organizations as of now regard Bitcoin as an asset. The expansion in hedge fund investments and prospects exchanging through LedgerX additionally demonstrates that Bitcoin has potential as an asset.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:28:14 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and at the same time people could used it as an assent on their investments, trading or in business for transaction. People could have bitcoin for daily transactions, but there is still a big connection of bitcoin in terms of its ability to changes its price or value within just a time. It is made possible by the increased of the support of people who uses bitcoin and also with the movement of bitcoin stock on the market. It is a good currency as an asset because bitcoin has a bright future with the possibility to become a future currency for all types of transactions and investments.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:34:03 PM

It is yet to decide the status of BTC as an currency or a transferable asset. Even govt. Is unable to take a firm dicision on BTC legalization as an asset or currency. Originally BTC is developed to serve transaction entity but growth rate of BTC make us think about its status as an asset.
Aathisanker1994

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that currency make a assets for me and also it's a truth.

It's know the all bitcoin users
krulviper

Activity: 354
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 03:19:41 PM

i think bitcoin is currency. if the dollar is the international currency, then the bitcoin there is a parent currency in the crypto currency, although now there are markets against ethereum and other coins,

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Medium|LinkedIn|Telegram|Reddit|CoinMarketCap
East7547

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:50:15 AM

I see it as more of an asset
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: