Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:58:04 PM

I will say Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset, because it was originally  a digital currency, with which many people go into an online investments, transactions, and other buying and selling online transactions. It is a currency where it is used to pay directly or indirectly ,and is accepted as a means of payments.Since it is a well known fact that Bitcoin appreciates in value many people tends to invest in bitcoin so that when  it appreciates  and have increase in price and value they can sell and also use such for further investments. So bitcoin serves as a currency as well as an asset to all its users.
Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:14:00 PM

For me, Bitcoin is not yet a currency because it is not yet legally accepted worldwide but it is certainly an asset. It has value that's either appreciate or depreciate depending on the market. I think in the near future, Bitcoin can considered a currency once legalized.

I agree with you
Bitcoin is not not yet legally worldwide but it is an asset. I think bitcoin is both currency and asset . The value of bitcoin is so much and the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

for me, bitcoin is not a currency, since I don't have the experience of paying for it and it is not convenient for me...I use it as an asset and get my profit...so bitcoin is an asset for me
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

Bitcoin is easiest to call a kind of hybrid asset with an evolving legal framework. Digital mode: features, decentralized nature, anonymity, high transaction speed, reliability, lack of regulators. If to look practically, today bitcoin is used mainly as an investment, even rather a speculative asset. One can observe attempts to create its currency functionality, but so far this format of using crypto currency has not gained much popularity, since its price is too unstable. As the preservation of the cost of bitcoin, and even today it is impossible to use.

It is highly being used nowadays and there are some services and famous stores that accepts BTC now. When we are going to base its transaction rate and speed, then BTC is an asset, I wont buy a candy with BTC and a very high fee, its not worth it, but it can be a reserve like oil and gold. BTC is good for banks and companies that transacts a large money, BTC can be used by trasactions like that, one click then it is on another wallet, unlike banks travelling money in a armoured car is pretty expensive. And like gold BTC have other kind like currencies that can do its part in everyday transactions like Eth.

Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:01:17 AM

An asset for me as well. I guess maybe in the future it might become a currency but the future is never clear.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:05:51 AM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
in my own knowledge it is a currency why? because everyone knows that this is the number one currency all over the world and it is the biggest currency compare to other currency so the point is bitcoin is a CURRENCY

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:08:11 AM

It depends of the legislations of each country, and so does the taxes you have to pay or not ! For exemple, in Japan it is a currency, so you have to pay taxes on it, but in several countries, it is an asset, just as a rock, on which profits can not be taxed. What I recommend you is to take advantage of this situation while it still lasts !
Yes everything depending on the countries that regulate the bitcoin, but actually bitcoin be made with aim for currency because of the failure of system fiat money, bitcoin right now can be considered as digital asset and currency some countries (just small amount of countries that considered bitcoin as currency) mostly people around the world think about bitcoin is an asset, anyway there are no many stores accept bitcoin as payment method.
Lodi0808

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:16:06 AM

It is litteraly a currency since you can use it to buy services and products and also an asset since you purchased or earn it.
crocozino

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:25:15 AM

Well, I think that Bitcoin has rather limited use for now as a currency, because there are so many stores and establishments that doesn't accept it as payment option. So I guess, that I will consider it more as an asset. Bitcoin is a good way to invest money because it keeps on growing year after year. So. take a gold for example - it is an asset, for sure... but in some cases you may use as a payment method and same thing with Bitcoin!
Habakkuk77

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:35:05 AM

for me, bitcoin is a digital currency and consider as a digital assets.
Consider as an asset because it is an economic resource.
Anything tangible or intangible that can be owned or controlled to produce value
 and that is held by a company to produce positive economic value is an asset.

[
gigatux

Activity: 343

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:49:22 AM

Bitcoin would be a great starting point for our investments in our future upcoming and I think it has a capability to be accepted generally But for now bitcoin is considered as an asset since the money that the people get to cash out is their own.It is their choice if they want this to trade into money or into an equipment or different kinds of furniture.It is their own choice. if they want this to be long-term asset or short term. We have no rights to dictate people on their properties cause it is their prerogative to feel secure and have security in their belongings
DIW

Activity: 476
Merit: 131

DIWtoken.com

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:22:50 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

Bitcoin is not exactly a currency but it's a global commodity asset. It's a revolutionary innovation, a decentralised blockchain platform created by a Satoshi Nakamoto for anyone to participate in.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jhon3438

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:26:46 PM

For me btc is currency because now a days technology are keep improving and electronics gadget are present and in our daily life we use automatic payment to pay our bills even buying our needs.
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:29:32 PM

bitcoin is digital money. It has many benefits and uses, acting both as a currency and as an asset. Bitcoin is a currency because it is traded and paid the bills in daily life in some countries. Bitcoin is a property because the investors buy bitcoin to accumulate.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
wolfgang56

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:39:51 PM

I see bitcoin as a currency because we can buy and sell things using bitcoin that is kinda useful for those people who have an business with buy and sell. It can be also used as an investment money to invest into something that makes higher profits.

tyutower

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:08:18 PM

well that is a good question and also an important question.i believe bitcoin is invented whit the idea of an currency and for a long time it is used a such.however now that Bitcoin has risen so much in value and is being used by more and more people, bitcoin seems to be used more as an asset. for bitcoin to be used as a curenty there are not too much price fluctuations. the tought that buying something for one bitcoin today while tommorow it can cost just half a bitcoin wile problebly hold poeple from actually spending there bitcoins.
RifatAB

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:00:39 PM

Bitcoin is one kinds of currency and one kinds of assets. So bitcoin is not only a digital currency its also a assets.
knotglazier

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:11:36 PM

In time it is going to be a major currency just like apple wallet or major credit cards, but it may be a while - in the meantime it is a type of currency so it is considered an asset.
Alexnelepa92

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:23:45 PM

Someone considers Bitcoin an asset, like real estate, gold or other means of accumulation. It can be reliable and cheap to store offline wallets make storing Bitcoin relatively easily. With him not having such problems with transportation, such as precious metals. Thus, Bitcoin is much easier and safer than conventional assets. For example, the property is also a way of investing, however, any property requires constant care, costs and paperwork in the sale.

Many companies are already considering Bitcoin as an asset. The increase in hedge funds and futures via LedgerX shows that Bitcoin has potential as an asset
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:35:43 PM

It is both currency and asset. It is an asset since its price changes time to time. Currency since it is use as a payment method online.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: