Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
SainagBurra

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:23:12 PM

Volatility cannot differentiate between an asset and a currency.A currency can be traded and an asset cannot.This is the basic difference and bitcoin is a currency not an asset

Electroneum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

Bitcoin can be said to be an asset.
some of us prefer to buy and store it, rather than using it to buy goods online.
it will be difficult to call bitcoin as a currency, because not all countries accept it.
bitcoin itself has a volatile value, so it can cause some problems when using it to trade commodities in large quantities.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:27:34 PM

Volatility cannot differentiate between an asset and a currency.A currency can be traded and an asset cannot.This is the basic difference and bitcoin is a currency not an asset
The nature of bitcoin can be related to a gamble by the few since of it's volatile utilities.The prices fluctuate so much which is makes it so different from an usual currency or foreign exchanges.

Bitcoin can be said to be an asset.
some of us prefer to buy and store it, rather than using it to buy goods online.
it will be difficult to call bitcoin as a currency, because not all countries accept it.
bitcoin itself has a volatile value, so it can cause some problems when using it to trade commodities in large quantities.
Yes,it has become a digital asset which is not why bitcoin was created.Anyway there is no going back now,people have already started to look at bitcoin as a get rich scheme which is sick.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

Currency hope happiness trust asset everything is bitcoin,one can manage his whole family wih the help of it.time is changing.people are now becoming modern.everything is digital.so bitcoin is a digital hope i guess  Tongue
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:48:38 AM

It is considered an asset at the end people will notice bitcoin is an asset, because e-commerce will merge to blockchain and it will give bitcoin a big impact in the digital world. hope bitcoin will be the world currency of the world
Sn0wH0und

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:09:54 AM

Any forex means value. So if you have something useful then you've a good thing. Bitcoin is really a forex but when you buy a BTC then your currency gets an asset in your electronic wallet. That means that now your asset (btc) is by using a certain value and you may go shopping, can trade it with other cash or reserve it to ensure that its value might rise against other currency.
garuda45

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:54:54 AM

It is really hard to call bitcoin as a currency. Just because the price of it goes up and down every week so critically. You can not really operate with the currency with such a difference in value
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:57:42 AM

It was supposed to be a currency but it has become an asset. The price is now too high to be a currency. I think other coins are trying to become a currency...but they will need backing from someone like nations or banks to become a currency. After all, Visa and Mastercard is not going to give up their business easily.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:03:03 AM

If you think normally then BTC is a known as digital currency or online money.On the other hand you think BTC is solved your financial problem then when BTC is your main asset because without BTC you can't survive.
btc4

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:08:37 AM

If you think normally then BTC is a known as digital currency or online money.On the other hand you think BTC is solved your financial problem then when BTC is your main asset because without BTC you can't survive.

Simply bitcoin is both Asset and a digital currency.If you want to invest your money means,you can use it as Assets.If you have a bitcoin earned by trading means,you can use that as a digital currency.Since many online transcation Accept bitcoin,you can use bitcoin as an Currency too

PrincessRule

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:44:13 PM

I think bitcoin is really a currency is also a very valuable resource and it has benefits because of its users. I'm able to assume like this simply because bitcoin can be used for payment device and it is also very profitable to simply keep it, so bitcoin is another really valuable asset to have. I'm really excited about bitcoin since it presently has a really quality value, however i also will not depart bitcoin although the price is very low, simply because I've experienced this type of second.
scorpion27

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:36:53 AM

for now I use bitcoin as an asset because I store some bitcoin I have, and I use it as a capital for trading in the market, I have never purchased anything using bitcoin.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ TRU REPUTATION NETWORK ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
PRE-SALE OPEN UNTIL 5th MARCH 2018 | PROOF OF REPUTATION  (http://tru.ltd/tokensale)
cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:37:40 AM

Currently an asset for most, and a currency for some. In the future if it becomes more stable I can see it become an asset. In today's news, Deutsche Bank said ‘End of Fiat Money’ may be near. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/deutsche-bank-end-of-fiat-money-may-be-near/
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:44:18 AM

You have always to diversify between private currency and official currency and as a private currency bitcoin works very well and I do not see the necessity to let it become an official currency as both can run perfectly paralell. And if it would become an official currency there would be surely a lot of regulations connected with this move and I prefer freedom and independence! Wink
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:49:53 AM

I think bitcoin is really a currency is also a very valuable resource and it has benefits because of its users. I'm able to assume like this simply because bitcoin can be used for payment device and it is also very profitable to simply keep it, so bitcoin is another really valuable asset to have. I'm really excited about bitcoin since it presently has a really quality value, however i also will not depart bitcoin although the price is very low, simply because I've experienced this type of second.
Bitcoin can a currency and an asset according to use. A currency that can be used for online transactions and buying things even need to exchange to fiat in order to used in paying for small interprises.  It can be an asset that can be used for investment that will give more profit in the near future because the price is volatile and have opportunity to have more increase for more years.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
amelitojr47

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:51:23 AM

i think bitcoin can be a currency or asset because you can buy something using bitcoin and you can also sell bitcoin like gold that have high Value, that why you can call it a currency or asset
jityap

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:14:10 PM

We can use bitcoin is currency and asset also,some people accept the bitcoin as the asset.bitcoin is digital currency we can exchange to the any country currency.so bitcoin is the world wide currency also.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:19:43 PM

Bitcoin is online currency and Asset as investment option, it is upto the country where the users is living like in Asia still Bitcoin status is not clear so it is good as investment and conversion rate to converting to fiat currency is also high. So it is good as asset.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:31:10 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Whether bitcoin is an asset or a currency is depending on your intended use of it. It is the best cryptocurrency for me because it is easier to use and more online companies accept bitcoin than others. It is also a good asset for a long term investment since you can use its volatility to your advantage. Once every bitcoin is mined, I can see that its value will stabilize and it will be use as currency for the online transactions more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
KeeKit

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

I believe it is both currency and asset. It is never too late to invest! A lot of cryptocurrencies are now emerging but the originals are Bitcoin. One of the best is Ethereum! The Propthereum ICO crowdsale will run off a decentralized Smart Contract that runs on the Ethereum Blockchain. It is secured with a 256-bit encryption which makes it secure and reliable. Propthereum Tokens will be minted as PTCs. These coins are a digital representation tracking the funding of our ICO and crowdsale. The pre-ICO token sale will take place on November 10, 2017 at 12PM GMT. For more information, visit www.propthereum.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: