Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
Technos

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:44:09 PM

At the moment Bitcoin is more an asset than a currency, because currency is something that people use constantly, everyday in exchange for goods and services. However, I can see Bitcoin being more widely used in the future as currency and asset. But for this we need a joint community effort that can make us have faster and cheaper transactions, through technologies like Lightning Network, and new technologies that may be about to come.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
tinhyeumaunang

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:47:43 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Both. Bitcoin is both a currency and I can also hold them as my own.Keep us capable of becoming a millionaire in the future.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:16:37 PM

For me it is both currency and asset. Because if you have a currency you also have an asset which is the same. and if your currency is getting high you have also has a good asset. Maybe we should say that bitcoin is a kind of asset. Though we can't always on hand but you can use through digital and depends on you if you want it to make cash.
The_Selected_Few

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:19:07 PM

Bitcoin is an asset/investment saved for a later date.
in my opinion for it to be a currency it must be regularly used which it is not.
Choy13

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:49:42 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

Bitcoin is an asset for me because we tend to work and to gain more of this and then we aim that all are post in every signature campaign will be pay. asset is the main cause why people using bitcoin. to earn money for their self or in other reasons. the bitcoin has no price stability yet it is okay for me.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:22:02 PM

For me it is both currency and asset. Because if you have a currency you also have an asset which is the same. and if your currency is getting high you have also has a good asset. Maybe we should say that bitcoin is a kind of asset. Though we can't always on hand but you can use through digital and depends on you if you want it to make cash.
I agree.Bitcoin is a digital currency wherein we can purchase items through online.And if we have kept numerous number of bitcoins,it means more savings,then it becomes an asset.Bitcoin tends to become an asset because of its own market value.It's very high that all will be magnetized to it.Bitcoin becomes totally a pride for everyone.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:10:42 PM

no, bitcoin a process of investment and from the results of this investment process can make money, not currency and not also asset. the name of the currency is only owned by all countries in the world, for example malaysia has the name of the ringgit currency. and that asset is some property belonging to a person or group that can be made with some money, so bitcoin is not a currency nor a asset.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:19:23 PM

I think it tips more as a currency rather than an asset. Because unlike gold, which is undoubtedly an asset, can be liquidated anytime but bitcoin which is a "pseudo-asset" cannot.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:23:58 PM

Bitcoin is both currency and asset as well because you may use it to buy product or save it as an asset when the value increases then you may sell.

HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:34:43 PM

I agree.Bitcoin is a digital currency wherein we can purchase items through online.And if we have kept numerous number of bitcoins,it means more savings,then it becomes an asset.Bitcoin tends to become an asset because of its own market value.It's very high that all will be magnetized to it.Bitcoin becomes totally a pride for everyone.
Bitcoin has been become to an asset and today, many people hold Bitcoin for their future or save money. The value of Bitcoin recently make it from a currency for transfer money easy to new asset important.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:44:06 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .
Well, for me its a currency because I can able to use it in different transaction like paying bills and buying some stuff on online market and many more. In addition to that, I think bitcoin is the new curreny and it is a digital currency. Lastly, I guess bitcoin will become our world currency.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:59:54 PM

I think bitcoin is currency and asset as well. It is a currency because we can use bitcoins to buy goods, pay bills and other things. It is an asset because we can invest bitcoin and wait some time, because bitcoin price can be go more than $10,000 in the near future.

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:03:43 PM

There's an argument it's actually both
mkjtraders

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:06:07 PM

I think BTC is more a currency then an asset.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:22:08 PM

I think BTC is more a currency then an asset.
You are right but still you can see that people are not only using it for making money and making rotation of money in the worldwide but people are using it as an asset also because use of the btc as an assets is a better way of making money .
In my opinion about 60-70% people arr using bitcoin for the earnings as an investment in asset like thing ( according to reviews in my friend circle ) .
So here we can't target bitcoin for single use or for the particular purpose , people are using it for the earnings as well as savings , gambling , worldwide transaction , payment for online shopping and all about ways , so stop your thinking to understand bitcoin like asset or currency and use it for all purposes possible for you  because this is bitcoin which have no limit of use in any field wherr everything is publicily open see Cool
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:27:00 PM

Bitcoin is both currency and asset as well because you may use it to buy product or save it as an asset when the value increases then you may sell.
yes we can consider bitcoin as assets as well as currency. because we can use bitcoin both for shopping as currency as will as for investment and trading, therefore for me i think bitcoin can be consider as both assets as well as currency. i think bitcoin is created as currency but in present time the opportunities to use bitcoin as for currency everywhere is not present therefore people are using it for trading and investment as assets.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
farhansadik

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:27:34 PM

Both opinions are acceptable People can use the BTC as a currency or an asset

Though it has some limitations but We can call it currency because we can buy goods from online with BTC, we can easily transfer money through this system.

On the other hand we also can call it Asset cause We can invest in it, we can make profit via BTC & We can also store/hold it for the future so BTC is am Asset too.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:29:05 AM

Bitcoin is a crypto currency. It is assets like gold. It have store value. Bitcoin is also currency. Because, people will transferring this without bank.so,i think bitcoin is currency and assets both.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:30:40 PM

for me personally bitcoin is an asset, the bitcoin prices are indeed very volatile but the price tends to increase, coupled with the increasingly adapted bitcoin to various ICO projects it will further add the bitcoin value.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:44:49 PM

According to me bitcoin can act like currency as well as assets.
There are so many sites which accepts bitcoins as payment, in this situation bitcoin is currency.
but if we are investing and purchasing some bitcoins for future trading then it can be called as asset.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: