Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:29:21 AM

Bitcoin is considered an asset by most Investors. There are many reasons for this.

Bitcoin has the characteristics of currency but Bitcoin is not currently accepted globally and therefore not used as a payment mode everywhere.

Many stores have not received it as payment, but many
traded among Individuals.

Still, we want to exchange Bitcoin with our country's currency, as long as our country has not yet legalized it.
I think that bitcoin is an asset because it is providing people to secure their future, people are provided with the chance to earn more and  make their standard of living better. My way of thinking is that it is an asset because of the multiple benefits it is providing to people. Just invest in it and the miracles of bitcoin are bestowed upon you
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:47:51 AM

Bitcoin is a very valuable asset, no need to be stolen (if enabled 2FA feature) and its value continues to grow. I'm sure the bitcoin trend can last for a long time.
Although the creation of bitcoin is purposed to be currency but somepeople and countries still considered it as asset or commoditiy. This is normal because the price of bitcoin is volatile and continues to rise. But actually bitcoin is currency which gives many benefits to the users, and also it is better that paper money.
It’s actually both you can use it for your daily expanse and also you can keep it save for future because a lot of people are using bitcoin for their daily need such as paying bills buying some food and some of them are using it for investment so I believe bitcoin is very useful for everything and can help you anywhere any time.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:05:05 PM

i think bitcoin is more like an asset. Because currency is defined as a money system that is commonly used in a nation or country. Since there is no specific country that uses bitcoin as currency it is more likely as asset. Its an asset because its value fluctuate and its value compared to its last year's equivalent is much higher now.
fusepay

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:20:39 PM

Any physical or even today's 'virtual' goods are all assets, if you swapped one cabbage for a piece of metal, then you took the piece of metal to scrap merchant and exchanged for everyday paper notes and coins, does this not make the original cabbage an 'asset'?
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:22:14 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .

The answer is yes and no both in case if we call it as currency. Yes; because the goods and services can be valued in bitcoins, so you need not find someone with same demand and supply. But, the number of users of bitcoins is very less, so they might not want to keep bitcoins. This problem will cease to exist when bitcoin will be in greater circulation.
And if a user wants to use bitcoin as an asset, he will just get registered to buy a bitcoin and will not enter the bitcoin transaction system as he is not trading anything. This is, in fact, the most common practice! Various evidence suggest that most of the first time users of bitcoins usually keep it in the wallet instead of using it for further transactions speculating price rise in future.

So the bottom line is it is both currency and asset depends on how people use it.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:26:55 PM

For me, Bitcoin is both Currency and Asset.
MicrowavedGerbil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:20:35 PM

It serves both reasons. It can be considered as a forex as it can be used for dealings, and resource if you're holding it to gain from value understanding.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Bitcoin is both and asset and a currency. Bitcoin nowadays are used for trading, investment, sending money, payment and a lot more. Bitcoin is really convenient and maybe in the future it can replace fiat money. It's really good to have bitcoin because it's not just convenient, but also profitable. A lot of people became rich because of it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:43:55 PM

Is that a question? Bitcoin is currency and we know that because bitcoin was invented it as a new era Cryptocurrencies and the first cryptocurrencies so we can caill it already a normal currency but because of it digital features we will just only see numbers of what we earn because we need it to convert to our own country currency. It is also an asset because of what we earn and how our life having a good future

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
yhan2x

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

it may be an asset in your life, to make your own currency that you may trade into money.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

Bitcoin does not yet fit the definition of currency. It also can not be a commodity, because it itself is a measure of value. The concept of a financial asset is most suitable for bitcoins. Although all these concepts are conditional. They were written and written when the crypto currency did not exist. With the advent of crypto currency, these concepts need to be revised.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:48:52 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

I really think that bitcoin is both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin can be used in many ways because it can be used in different transactions such as: sending money, trading, gambling, paying, investing and a lot of things. Bitcoin is a good investment because it is very profitable. That is one of the reason why more and more people are investing bitcoin.

chuoinguyen227

Activity: 169

Vite

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:52:26 PM

For me, bitcoin is both a fortune and a currency. Bitcoin is all I have, I just use bitcoin, the other altcoin I really do not like, maybe because I was "sticking" with bitcoin has been quite a long time....

⚫     ViteX    
|     Exchange By The Community,For The Community     |
Bitcointalk  DEX  |  Website  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:59:38 AM

Bitcoin is a very valuable asset, no need to be stolen (if enabled 2FA feature) and its value continues to grow. I'm sure the bitcoin trend can last for a long time.
Although the creation of bitcoin is purposed to be currency but somepeople and countries still considered it as asset or commoditiy. This is normal because the price of bitcoin is volatile and continues to rise. But actually bitcoin is currency which gives many benefits to the users, and also it is better that paper money.
It’s actually both you can use it for your daily expanse and also you can keep it save for future because a lot of people are using bitcoin for their daily need such as paying bills buying some food and some of them are using it for investment so I believe bitcoin is very useful for everything and can help you anywhere any time.
Same as you I can see the bitcoin more than the asset because now bitcoin is getting high in the value and every people who are using the digital currency are aware of the new strategies as much as the bitcoin increasing in the use it is the making the value high and the high, I hope the bitcoin will give you the best return and the bitcoin price will increase in the value with the passage of the time I am sure bitcoin will be use by everyone now.
janah

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:03:37 AM

Bitcoin is 100% currency because too many people using it
It by paying there bills.
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which means its a DIGITAL currency
Which is high tech.
SO YES IT's A CURRENCY!
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:17:05 PM

For me, bitcoin is both a fortune and a currency. Bitcoin is all I have, I just use bitcoin, the other altcoin I really do not like, maybe because I was "sticking" with bitcoin has been quite a long time....

Right. At the moment, its mainly an asset and a way to earn real good money. Bitcoin was meant to be used to make transactions better so it being a currencyay have to wait for a while before people look at it that way

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
hxk451

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:23:28 PM

Thoroughly depends shape client to client. On the off chance that you got notification from somebody that BTC is a pleasant approach to build cash in the long haul and you contribute for a specific time frame for better returns then you are thinking about BTC as Asset. In any case, in the event that you utilize BTC for exchanging and purchasing and offering wares or administrations than you are utilizing it as a type of Currency. However, in the event that we investigate then BTC serves both as money and resource for a man. One can exchange it for things and keeping in mind that utilizing it and keeping it for exchange objects is esteem ascends with time subsequently likewise turning into an advantage for the client.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:26:52 PM

Right. At the moment, its mainly an asset and a way to earn real good money. Bitcoin was meant to be used to make transactions better so it being a currencyay have to wait for a while before people look at it that way
I think bitcoin is primarily currency latter then it also as an asset, as the word says cryptocurrency it is currency, by which we can make an investment and can trade by using that can accumulate coins, once we accumulate that becomes an asset. So bitcoin can be used as currency as well as can treat it as an asset.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

Bitcoin has many benefits and functions. It can be both a currency and an asset. Bitocin can be used in the purchase and pay bills, otherwise, we can store it in btc wallet and sell when the price goes up.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:54:47 PM

It depends on how you look at it. For me bitcoinis more as an investment/asset rather that currency. bitcoin is asset because many people keep it for their future money. Due to bitcoin`s sudden change (up and down) in price its quiet risky to use it as a currency. Its currency, but only for trading in exchanges not in day to day trade. Bitcoin is really an asset. No other asset has such a successful record from $0 to $7800 only in 8 years. It is better to keep it as an asset because we can convert it in cash as and when required it will always have you good returns.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: