Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:37:41 PM

at the moment, bitcoin is both, as it is possible to pay and earn money on it
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdani1

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:52:37 PM

I think by looking at bitcoin will be one of the most widely used currencies in the future. Due to the information that BAnk swiss generally sells Ethereal, bitcoin and bitcoin cash to its customers. So, we look forward to be much bigger.
Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Bitcoin in my opinion is an asset because you grow your profit in there without doing anything or work. you could just invest a capital to be exchanged to bitcoin and let bitcoin increase as well as your money. thus, producing you a passive money through excess of your capital invested. currency in the other hand means to flow continuously. it is a continuous cycle of money by the people using it, for example is fiat money. when we stop circulating the money, the value decreases and so as the economy. that is why it is called a "currency".
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:58:36 PM

Bitcoin,
the way I understood it as a newbie was bitcoin is a Crypto currency a digital currency that only exist electronically we can't touch it bitcoin is not attached to a state or any government it can be transfer from one person to another that's how bitcoin works. No one controls it.
Where asset is something valuable that an entity owns, where they benefit from, or has in use of generating income. so bitcoin is a currency and also an asset.

If, someone disagree to my opinion or think my opinion is wrong please kindly enlighten me, I'm still a newbie.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:09:52 PM

Bitcoin is considered as a currency because it is a digital currency and you can call it asset as well because it is good for a long term investment. Most of the businessman are investing in this coins because the value is keep on increasing periodically.
It is really very much difficult to categorize bitcoin, you can treat bitcoin both as the currency as well as your asset as well. At the very present time, as bitcoin has not be recognized officially, so it cannot be considered as a currency though it is a crypto currency. I will grade bitcoin as a very useful asset as it is helping number of people in making some very good amount of money and there are people who are considering it as their asset.
esakovv

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

🤖UBEX.COM

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:33:17 PM

Bitcoin is an asset, because many people keep it for the future.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
esakovv

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

🤖UBEX.COM

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:35:21 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, because bitkoyn gives us a profit and an opportunity to buy.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
princessfalcon

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:38:51 AM

Yes, dining places acceptd bicoin s exellent idea for me.If I starving I'm able to spending my bitcoins.Curiosity..Will be Cafe wait around confirmation of transaction?this could take long time..etic
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:58:40 AM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .

true, it is the same because when we say curreny it is money and an assset is also  worth a money. maybe it can be an asset if you will invest your bitcoin for the future purposes. it can also be a currency if you sell your bitcoin and convert it into money. but either eay it is both asset or currency , what matter is , it can help us financiallt and  help us to have an investment.
gondar1

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:54:30 AM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

I believe bitcoin is more of both. It is a currency because we can use it by simply buying, particularly in the internet it can be used as payment. It is an asset for the very reason that it can be used as an investment whenever it's price gets higher, we can earn.

Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:29:08 PM

I think bitcoin can be said as currency and assets. Because Bitcoin can serve as a tool of currency transactions. If it is said to be an asset because some people on average hold bitcoin and do not sell it, maybe if the price is suitable will be sold.
In some extent you thinking is right that Bitcoin can be said as currency or asset. But according to my opinion it is better than currency or any other asset. The price of Bitcoin is growing up. It can return more profit than any asset like gold or bank balance. Whenever someone need of cash, he/she can sell the Bitcoin in high price and get cash with easy and fast way.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:50:23 PM

For me bitcoin plays both roles. The company and management of bitcoin serves as the asset of every investor to secure that their future will become successful and free from all kinds of rick.
Another is bitcoin serves as currency in some commercial transaction here in the whole world.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:17:10 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Transaction fees are bit too much for me right now because of the hype in bitcoin. It is now more useful to be an asset since it is really valuable and expensive. It just like what happened to gold. During our old times, humans used it as money. But time passed, it became an asset. Practicality and other economic factors will define if it is an asset or a currency.
stephenv26

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:42:38 PM

Rich people invest on it and used it as an asset
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:24:18 PM

Bitcoin is an asset, just like gold. In the beginning maybe it worked like a currency as well but not anymore. Transaktions cost is way to high and slow speed makes it useless as a currency.
Dvach

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:34:40 PM

I would tell, that bitcoin is rather asset, than currency. Currency is monetary unit in common use, basically, this could be use on a national level, but bitcoin is not so popular on the moment. Asset is any resource with economic value, no other specific requirements.
gsm_sharif

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:38:39 PM

Bitcoin is virtual currency.Yet moat of people think,it is a asset and currency.Really I think,it's asset for me.
Hawkers7

Activity: 103

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM ”

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:43:14 PM

For me currency and asset is same . bitcoin is asset becuase many people keep it for their future money and because of this value people use this to buy anything that they want like paying bills or buy a stuff  . bitcoin is currency becuase bitcoin give a profit to us .
Yes bitcoin is somehow a currency and asset. It provides money to every users which we can used in pur daily lives or fornthe things that we need. The fact why people keep it because it gives profit to them every time bitcoin price increase. As of now it still a virtual currency because the government doesnt accept it. On the hand bitcoin still useful as you can have a fiat currency with it by just converting.

|▌   AQUA™   《   REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY   》   AQUA™   ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Telegram    Twitter    Facebook    ONE PAGER    Instagram    LinkedIn    Medium
Hamaber

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:46:27 PM

For me bitcoin plays both roles. The company and management of bitcoin serves as the asset of every investor to secure that their future will become successful and free from all kinds of rick.
Another is bitcoin serves as currency in some commercial transaction here in the whole world.
Yeah it is playing as both but in actual it is the currency and is invested as a currency for internet so that people can easily and more conveniently use it for their international online use. And along with that it also became an asset for the traders.
geo43

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:57:01 PM

Its a store of value that can be a medium of exchange (if transaction speed increases and fees decrease). Its seems store of value is the consensus though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: