Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
kasansa

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:33:14 AM

So far at present bitcoins plays major roll among the people as a asset, after it come to use by public like other currencies in the world, it can be a currency and it have to  a long time to achieve to this standard,  but at time too this would exist as a king among the crypto currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:18:21 AM

Bitcoin can be both currency and an asset, but I think today bitcoin has been popularized as an asset through investment and trading platform. With the growth we saw from bitcoin, it is so easy to persuade people to try doing bitcoin investment. Though this is the case today, bitcoin is originally design as a currecy for everyone to use. It aims to ease buying and selling transactions with minimum fees. I think since there is still growth in its value, holding bitcoin is wise but after the prices stabilize, we should try to spend our bitcoins.
I agree with you. bitcoin can be a means of payment, commodity and assets. in some countries that do not legalize bitcoin, bitcoin tends to be used as a valuable commodity and asset.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Bitcoin is both currecy and an asset, bitcoin due to its sudden increase in value, more people use it as an investment platform to grow their money, I think this is wise since bitcoin is still in its early stage and value is fluctuation. When the price begin to stabilize, that will be the time where people will spend their bitcoin fulfilling its designed purpose to be a currency.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:43:20 PM

Bitcoin is virtual currency, it has many benefits and each person uses it with their own item. Bitcoin may be currency or property. It can be used for trading or hoarding.

yes I agree with you that Bitcoin can be used as virtual currency or at the same time as an asset to your liking.
I think Bitcoin has two functions: virtual currency and assets.
In my opinion,Bitcoin assets are safe and very good for you investors and Bitcoin also you can use for trading.
the profit from Bitcoin trading is very good and fast but certainly has a big risk.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:21:19 PM

yes bitcoin is also an asset, as it is currently an investment on which you can make good money
I don’t think so there is anyone who is against the nature of bitcoin as an asset. People are treating it as an asset for securing their future, investing money in it too much because it is digital asset of the world. I know that bitcoin will be inherited in future as like we inherit lands, property, money etc. in short, it is wise to treat bitcoin as an asset. Asset is anything which you can use to have your money in future.
SangkuniBird

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:32:41 PM

When we say the currency is money used by a country. Based on that definition I think bitcoin is just a fr asset now. It's true it offers great potential and opportunities in making money but not yet used. Think of it as an investment for the future where I think bitcoins or other crypto currencies will then be used in general. Smiley
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:41:40 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

In my own point of view; bitcoin plays the both role in the society.
The bitcoin is the asset of every investor to secure their future is in the good hands and also a currency which serves as a medium of exchange for the commercial transaction.
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:52:03 PM

I think bitcoin is more accurately said to be an asset, if it says the currency then everyone can accept bitcoins the same as USD, EURO or others, but until now there has been no official state legalize bitcoin.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Lascrea

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

When we say asset in accounting it is something with value and can be converted into fiat and bitcoin really qualifies as an asset, the only issue is that is this an asset considered to be investment or a currency that is highly liquidate. For me bitcoin is an asset that is readily available anytime you need it..It was just that it's value is never fix because of fluctuations but still it can be used anytime you want like a normal currency does  Wink
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:33:17 PM

Bitcoin is both used as a currency as well as an asset which increases in value as time passes by due to increased number of bitcoin user's. As the price of bitcoins increases it attracts more and more user's to the bitcoin network which helps in increasing the demand of the bitcoin network and naturally leads to   increase in the value of bitcoins. Bitcoin network is a decentralized network so there is no need for third party involvement in sending and receiving bitcoins all over the world.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset depends on how we view its uses.  Bitcoin to some people is a currency that can be used to pay for goods and services, settlement of debt and so on while others view it as an asset that can be kept somewhere for a very long time to yield interest.
There is no defined use of bitcoin,  it all depends on how we view it

maynguyen

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:42:08 PM

I think bitcoin is the curency. Today, many countries accept bitcoins used in daily trading activities. I think bitcoin will become a common curency in the world in the future..

coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:12:51 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a currency and at the same time an asset. All cryptocurrencies are currencies so bitcoin is not exceptional. I consider it an asset because it also gains value just like other assets,
It’s actually both asset and as well as currency if you want to keep it for future purpose so you can use it a lot of people are buying bitcoin when it's price go low and then they start waiting for it when a time come so then they sell bitcoin to get their profit so it’s also a very good source of income and if you just keep it safe for future so it also very use full and as we know that’s it’s a currency so you can also use it for your daily expanse .
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a currency and at the same time an asset. All cryptocurrencies are currencies so bitcoin is not exceptional. I consider it an asset because it also gains value just like other assets,
It’s actually both asset and as well as currency if you want to keep it for future purpose so you can use it a lot of people are buying bitcoin when it's price go low and then they start waiting for it when a time come so then they sell bitcoin to get their profit so it’s also a very good source of income and if you just keep it safe for future so it also very use full and as we know that’s it’s a currency so you can also use it for your daily expanse .

It is both cause there is no word that can explain Bitcoin. New technology
can not be explained with old words and terms, that is why it is so confusing
when we need to choose is Bitcoin this or that. In most cases Bitcoin represent
duality, it is currency and asset, it is good for saving and using or investing.
   This new technology deserves new terms that can explain things better.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:25:37 PM

Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, so it is clear that bitcoin is a currency, although only virtual. Bitcoin is also an asset, because bitcoin can be a good store for the future. So if asked is bitcoin currency or assets? So my answer is both, bitcoin is currency and asset simultaneously.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Good tbc

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:51:55 PM

I think Bitcoin is an asset because of the high investments in bitcoin. It is used as a currency for trading, investments and others.Most people consider it as an asset, but I believe it is an asset as well as a currency.

Adnan Saleem

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:58:25 AM

Well, In the story of the evolution of money, we have come a long way from barter to cowries, coffee beans to coins, paper currency to plastic currency and the latest one on the line is “Bitcoin”. It is a “decentralised virtual currency”.
The latest proceedings about bitcoins suggest that it is a “valuable asset” rather than a “means of transaction”. While this question is open to debate..
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:02:54 AM

definently an asset. It's the perfect store of value. The fundamentals in bitcoin is like nothing we have seen before.
currency? not really. it's too volatile, and too high fees to use as a currency.
Cils05

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. Himself said, until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace the currency recognized as a payment system in Indonesia. "I prefer to call it an investment item, a digital asset. I disagree (bitcoin) as a currency, "said Oscar.

He considered, if bitcoin serve as a means of payment will make users difficult to transact. He further agrees when bitcoin is seen as a gold investment in digital form. "If considered as the first currency ribet, the two transactions are also not easy yes. I want to pay must convince them first to accept, "he said.

Fore Oscar hope, so that the regulator can attend to protect and supervise the circulation and transaction from this bitcoin user. He admitted to be obeying every rule that will be declared by the regulator.
beaver12

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:17:35 AM

Bitcoin's main form is virtual currency and being a currency means that it is a current asset. Simply saying, bitcoin is a currency and an asset.
The problem would be when people only see bitcoin as an asset and not as a currency because that would make bitcoin not serving its true purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: