Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:32:47 AM

While all coins are flying,i'm still waiting spectrecoin to pump but what? its even losing value everyday!

That's just the magic part of crypto coins.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:57:25 AM

If SpectreCoin doesn't release more info on their game-changing stealth staking within 3 or so months, I will dump all my coins on the market before it starts crash and burning.

I'm way too wary of this whole thing with anonymous developers and promised something something.
And even with stealth staking out there's no guarantee that the price will go up a lot. It also requires user adoption and trading volume, but the dev(s) have already said they don't want to release it on big exchanges because "anonymity something something".
This coin is not just high risk but very high risk. I almost never invest in such coins and if there's still "shush hush stealth staking something something" in late April/early May and no proof of it working or even how it works, that's gonna be a huge red warning sign to get rid of everything I've invested.

It doesn't matter what everyone shills out here, I don't trust hype and I never fall for it, I only trust proof, what's delivered and my own research and analyze method.

yeah, dump & sell - Thanks Cheesy

Yeah, that type of attitude is not working on me. It's way overused on altcoin forums by people who shill a coin.
I said in 3 months. Which means you'll get either a coin 30x this price or junk. In either case, feel free to take my coins then.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Nebell

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:59:49 AM

While all coins are flying,i'm still waiting spectrecoin to pump but what? its even losing value everyday!

All coins? About 1/4th of all coins are in the red. XSPEC is still 4 times the level it was just 7 weeks ago. And if you simply look for a pump, I can suggest you the same as I suggested the other fellow : join a pump-and-dump group.

New wallet will be out soon and major features upgrades will be available in Q2. So if you have the guts to hold, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded for your patience. There is no short-term game here.

Not true about 1/4th of all coins being in the red.
In top 100 only 3 coins are red and 2 of them are some shit coins which I've seen for the first time, 1 is ETC which has been pumped quite a bit in the past few days.
I have invested in 7 coins and SpectreCoin is the only one being red.
Face it, SpectreCoin is losing value because it's a very high risk coin and developers are not doing anything to help promote its future.

pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:32:57 AM

All coins? About 1/4th of all coins are in the red. XSPEC is still 4 times the level it was just 7 weeks ago. And if you simply look for a pump, I can suggest you the same as I suggested the other fellow : join a pump-and-dump group.

New wallet will be out soon and major features upgrades will be available in Q2. So if you have the guts to hold, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded for your patience. There is no short-term game here.

In top 100 only 3 coins are red and 2 of them are some shit coins which I've seen for the first time, 1 is ETC which has been pumped quite a bit in the past few days.
Face it, SpectreCoin is losing value because it's a very high risk coin and developers are not doing anything to help promote its future.

So you argue it's not true, because you only looked at 100 coins out of more than 1200, and out of those 100 only 3 where not red Huh Sure, buddy. Suggest you clean up your logic.

You seem to be stuck on your opinion, so just sell your coins if you truly believe it does not hold any value for you. It's as simple as that. There is a growing community around XSPEC who will gladly pick up your coins. If you truly WANT to keep holding, then with this useless FUDing you are just shooting yourself in the foot.
Nebell

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:30:00 PM

So you argue it's not true, because you only looked at 100 coins out of more than 1200, and out of those 100 only 3 where not red Huh Sure, buddy. Suggest you clean up your logic.

You seem to be stuck on your opinion, so just sell your coins if you truly believe it does not hold any value for you. It's as simple as that. There is a growing community around XSPEC who will gladly pick up your coins. If you truly WANT to keep holding, then with this useless FUDing you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

Out of 7 coins I mentioned before, only 1 is in top 100 (Waves).
However, your logic is flawed if you look at low market cap coins. Those coins are easily manipulated by developers and semi-rich people.

pvk444

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:46:05 PM

Out of 7 coins I mentioned before, only 1 is in top 100 (Waves).
However, your logic is flawed if you look at low market cap coins. Those coins are easily manipulated by developers and semi-rich people.

Ahmm ... there is no logical inference involved in my statement. Just stating simple verifiable facts. You said that ALL coins are up, which is verifiably untrue, as 1/4 of all tradable coins have been in the red. If you change your population (all, except easily manipulatable low market cap coins, and only including the top 100 on coinmarket cap) ... then yes. You are right, but then XSPEC is also not yet in the top 100. But then, I can also change deliberately the sample population to fit any narrative I want. That's class 101 on how to lie with statistics.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:07:27 PM
Merited by pvk444 (1)

If SpectreCoin doesn't release more info on their game-changing stealth staking within 3 or so months, I will dump all my coins on the market before it starts crash and burning.

I'm way too wary of this whole thing with anonymous developers and promised something something.
And even with stealth staking out there's no guarantee that the price will go up a lot. It also requires user adoption and trading volume, but the dev(s) have already said they don't want to release it on big exchanges because "anonymity something something".
This coin is not just high risk but very high risk. I almost never invest in such coins and if there's still "shush hush stealth staking something something" in late April/early May and no proof of it working or even how it works, that's gonna be a huge red warning sign to get rid of everything I've invested.

It doesn't matter what everyone shills out here, I don't trust hype and I never fall for it, I only trust proof, what's delivered and my own research and analyze method.

Thats completely fine, 95% of these coins are backed by empty promises and hope. Many of which have much larger marketcaps and are simply useless tokens that run on the Ethereum blockchain. There is no reason to assert monetary value with many of these projects. Wait until the end of Q2 before you consider dumping your coins as your argument could go either way and has no backing. It would be stupid for a team so small to release this information prior to release. As someone with a legal background, I cannot stress enough how how stupid it would be for the Spectrecoin developers not to be anonymous.  Many cryptocurrencies are illegal because of the third parties relevant to them (exchanges) whereas this cryptocurrency has OBFS4 implementation and is illegal for use in many countries where using the TOR network is illegal.

But I genuinely believe the price will sufficiently increase after stealth staking has been implemented as this is an innovation cryptocurrency has yet to see. I've even funded video projects paralleling the release of this implementation. Name another cryptocurrency that has this in their roadmap? It's almost like magic and I still remember the day stealth staking was to be announced in Q3 2017, it has been a while and a working prototype is well in progress. If you have been involved in this project for as long as I have you will find the rich-list has not moved. These people are holding, and these people are serious about it. These are Bitcoin maximalists who have been here prior to 2015. This project will rank 1st in ROI for ICO's after stealth staking has been implemented and has already seen 3rd even with the tiny market cap Spectrecoin has maxed out at. We've come along way since the 68 satts ICO price.

https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico

Completely possible. This project has been an underdog since its birth in 2016 and now we've found a support barrier at 15k stats, (the previous all time high).

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Harlekin987

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

i think one of the most important for short and long term is to get XSPEC onto a bigger exchange like binance or bittrex
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:56:47 AM

i think one of the most important for short and long term is to get XSPEC onto a bigger exchange like binance or bittrex

I agree. It will happen eventually though, but it would be great to see the community / devs to make an effort to get it there sooner!
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:00:53 AM

How does this stack up to Deeponion now that that has OBS4 and stealth addresses?
djpitagora

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:33:17 PM

But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

Really amazing stuff, if you ask me.

monero is at a point where it has a very large community with some 200+ individuals contributing code. It would be virtually impossible at this point to track down the entire "team" and prevent somebody to fork the project and carry on. It doesn't even matter now who started it. And generally that is the best approach because to be honest tracking an individual nowadays is pretty easy. Real anonymity is very hard to achieve these days and only through very illegal means. Even then it's a matter of how hard the said government is trying to get you and if they are willing to play dirty or not

FYI there are other coins with anonymous devs (see skycoin) and it's not generally perceived as an advantage.

A large community of developers is not necessarily a good thing: aside from loss of agility and flexibility (there is a required overhead for coordination and governance to ensure the work of 200 developer are aligned), having that many developers means there will be specialization as well, which means it's possible to compromise the entire system by compromising a small group. Having 200 developers is NOT the same as having 200 levels of redundancy (which indeed would give some form of security against compromising).

And "virtually impossible" is not impossible for a government agency with pretty much unlimited resources.

Curious what you think the link is between achieving real anonymity and taking illegal actions? Why would one be related to the other?

I agree that in general and for "usual" project anonymity is a disadvantage. For the ultimate privacy, I am still convinced it's an advantage.

Well real anonymity is very hard to get. First of all tor is not anonymous. It offers some degree of protection but there are many known attacks (starting from corelation attacks on corrupt exit nodes and zero days vulnerabilities in tor browser to isolation attacks on hidden services) that can be used to reveal both users as well as hidden services as evidenced by the large number of arrests and raids related to darkweb websites. I think they close a marketplace every month Smiley

That being said if you want to be truly anonymous you will always combine several measures such as
- tor (which is probably the only legal one and least secure + most likely to get spied on corrupt exit nodes)
- chaining proxies on hacked servers (that you know for sure keep no logs) - this is the easiest
- renting compromised machines from botnet owners and proxying traffic
- rent "bulletproof" hosting from the likes of Russian business network (and you would have to trust some really shady people)
- war-driving around town and using unsuspecting people's wireless networks (hard because you would need to avoid cameras and not frequent the same areas)
- buy prepaid cards with 3G/4G from the dark web (getting a sufficient number of cards will be expensive + you will need to be on the move as cell phone towers log locations)
- sniff gsm traffic and clone phones around your cell and use their data plans (you will be on the move again + buying expensive equipment to spoof cell towers + having an adrenaline rush when you get the said equipment which is illegal to own in most countries from your postoffice + I don't think you can inject anything more then GSM traffic since anything newer then GPRS is encrypted)

As you can see most of the methods above are likely to get you into trouble themselves, so I guess if you have a real reason to hide from the government you need to put in time, effort and money. The internet is not designed for anonymity.

Let me know if I missed something obvious that would let you hide from a warrant or worse a determined government agency willing to play dirty

pvk444

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

Well real anonymity is very hard to get. First of all tor is not anonymous. It offers some degree of protection but there are many known attacks (starting from corelation attacks on corrupt exit nodes and zero days vulnerabilities in tor browser to isolation attacks on hidden services) that can be used to reveal both users as well as hidden services as evidenced by the large number of arrests and raids related to darkweb websites. I think they close a marketplace every month Smiley

That being said if you want to be truly anonymous you will always combine several measures such as
- tor (which is probably the only legal one and least secure + most likely to get spied on corrupt exit nodes)
- chaining proxies on hacked servers (that you know for sure keep no logs) - this is the easiest

Indeed. Real anonymity and privacy is very hard. That's why you need always many complementary components to play together, and that's why there is no "one best" solution (it always comes down to a series of compromises). And I understand now what you meant by the link between illegal activities and anonymity. Although I believe you can still achieve very high level of anonymity even without resorting to illegal means.

Now, you mention chaining proxies (and other similar measures) ... but in the context of XSPEC what for? Since XSPEC is natively on Tor it never leaves the the network and never uses exit nodes. That's one of the great features, which other coins that have the wallet outside Tor and use Tor for transportation don't have. Or did I miss your point?
djpitagora

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

Indeed. Real anonymity and privacy is very hard. That's why you need always many complementary components to play together, and that's why there is no "one best" solution (it always comes down to a series of compromises). And I understand now what you meant by the link between illegal activities and anonymity. Although I believe you can still achieve very high level of anonymity even without resorting to illegal means.

Now, you mention chaining proxies (and other similar measures) ... but in the context of XSPEC what for? Since XSPEC is natively on Tor it never leaves the the network and never uses exit nodes. That's one of the great features, which other coins that have the wallet outside Tor and use Tor for transportation don't have. Or did I miss your point?

to be honest I haven't looked much into how these tor bridges like obfs or meek work, but my understanding is they are built on the hidden service concept which we already know is not something bulletproof.

Anyway my post was not necessarily meant to highlight a problem for xspec. For all I care it could have no transport anonymity at all. Those that really care know how to do that and are already doing it when using monero. The important thing is that transactions cannot be linked together or tracked to an exchange.

It was just a general comment on what staying anonymous means (in connection with what was said about the devs staying anonymous because they are afraid). I've seen a lot of wild claims in general on the forum and somehow people are mixing the idea of privacy from companies and prying eyes (which can easily be achieved with a set of security good practices) with anonymity from a government (which means fighting a system that was built around tracking you - and with good reason I might add)

anc

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

Anyone else over there is having withdraw problems with Cryptopia?
I bough some coins 2 days ago and the withdraw have been processing since then. It have been over 48h already.
cheesebaby

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

Yes, been waiting over 60hrs+ on Cryptopia to process.

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:58:20 PM

Excuse me, can I ask any question?
How many XSPEC did you buy?
At what price?

If you loss the faith on it, just dump it. Please do it. Why do you hesitate?
anc

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:02:34 PM

Yes, been waiting over 60hrs+ on Cryptopia to process.

Damn, 60 hours now here too. =/
xasana_14

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:05:07 PM

TOR + OBFS4 usable thing?
xasana_14

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:20:13 PM

Can this be purchased on binance?

No. Such a private coin, like XSPEC, is not designed for exchanges which KYC are necessary.
It's the same that there is no Bittrex for XSPEC.

Sound not good, but it's true. 
Every year on the market all the developed and improved projects, let's hope that Spectrecoin it will really be necessary in the future
pvk444

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:51:53 PM

TOR + OBFS4 usable thing?

Don't know what you mean, but I guess the answer is non-the-less yes.

Tor to allow stealth transmission without the ability to track IP, and OBFS4 to obfuscate the Tor service and thus make it available in countries which are blocking Tor itself (e.g. in China).

XSPEC uses both and it is proven to work.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: