Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:29:50 AM

I haven't seen any original ideas in our project. There are a lot of marketplaces around the world. So what's the difference?
Besides Ebay I don't know any project like this and Ebay have only auction system. SOMA will be social marketplace (fusion of Facebook, Instagra and Ebay) and this in my opinion is at least very innovative  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:37:08 AM

I haven't seen any original ideas in our project. There are a lot of marketplaces around the world. So what's the difference?
Besides Ebay I don't know any project like this and Ebay have only auction system. SOMA will be social marketplace (fusion of Facebook, Instagra and Ebay) and this in my opinion is at least very innovative  Wink

Exactly like that. It's a hybrid project. Not just a marketplace or social media. It's both. It makes them unique and when i think about it, it is logical too.

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:41:27 AM

Exactly like that. It's a hybrid project. Not just a marketplace or social media. It's both. It makes them unique and when i think about it, it is logical too.

But the focus will still be on marketplace? I mean it could be interesting for some users, but still i would like some privacy when buying online and i hope the purchase history wont be public.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:41:15 AM

Yes soma will combien the argument of a social platform and a marketplace. Its really nice to synergize two big market. And remember that there is a partnership already, soma and Utrust, 2 big project.
I think soma will become huge in the next years, so much potential.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:49:20 AM

Yes soma will combien the argument of a social platform and a marketplace. Its really nice to synergize two big market. And remember that there is a partnership already, soma and Utrust, 2 big project.
I think soma will become huge in the next years, so much potential.

Let's hope the ICO will be successful enough to get the dev's the funds they need to start the project in full swing.

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 874

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

The difference is that this is a social trading network. That is, like a bazaar, or a club if so more similar. And with the partnership UTRUST, it turns out also the opportunity to make transactions using crypto currency.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:02:59 PM

"Please note that SCT is not an investment and can not be considered as such". Most people who will put their money in an ICO think they are investors. So, what is the benefit we can get if it isn't an investment?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:28:55 PM

"Please note that SCT is not an investment and can not be considered as such". Most people who will put their money in an ICO think they are investors. So, what is the benefit we can get if it isn't an investment?

I think that they are saying that's not to be considered as an investment because of LEGAL reasons. It can still be profitable though. Correct me if i am wrong. Since i am not a legal expert
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:32:09 PM

But the focus will still be on marketplace? I mean it could be interesting for some users, but still i would like some privacy when buying online and i hope the purchase history wont be public.

Probably there will some settings for it.

I am thinking that it will be your decision. If you want it public then public, if you want to save that information to yourself so it won't be public. Not a big issue to implement that. Maybe they already thought about it.

tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:55:05 PM

Which other currency are you going to support for marketplace?

Bakscher

Activity: 770
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:56:23 PM

How can I take part in this bounty. I'm interested in social networks
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

As per their wp they provide payment methods in fiat, BTC and "few major altcoins" but they of course incentivize the use of Soma community tokens.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:06:14 PM

Every project was in early stages. There was time when people were saying that Ebay is crap and Facebook is just another overhyped project which won't last more than one year  Smiley

What? I am still saying that. Ebay is crap and Facebook is overhyped. Okay, shorting Facebook was maybe not such a good idea in hindsight, but let's see if they still exist next year.

Ebay and facebook had a successful working platform, before they approached the public for investments. Both of this platform, can't claim that. Again, it's not a bad thing cos it seem that this is the new way of raising capital now, but it's unfair to compare this companies with the aforementioned.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:17:40 PM

Every project was in early stages. There was time when people were saying that Ebay is crap and Facebook is just another overhyped project which won't last more than one year  Smiley

What? I am still saying that. Ebay is crap and Facebook is overhyped. Okay, shorting Facebook was maybe not such a good idea in hindsight, but let's see if they still exist next year.
Is high time innovators proved that they have what it takes to stand head to head with Elon musk, Bill gates and the rest, now that crowdfunding is available. Crowdfunding should produce more millionaire with great ideas in coming years, and encourage people with great minds to make their idea presentable. Crowdfunding will get tougher in coming years also because some of this projects are bound to fail, so investors will require more than just a whitepaper from project teams

It's sad but it seems like crowd funding esp in the cryptospace has produced more millionaires with useless ideas than otherwise. Anyway, seriously doubt that failed companies will massively curtail investors activity. As long as ppl can flip their investment, most could care less about the validity of the proposed tech/platform. Anyway as more countries toughen up on ico that should hopefully help out.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:54:13 PM

Cool project,
But I couldn't really understand how does the IIC actually work?

What would be a simple real life example?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:13:26 PM

As per their wp they provide payment methods in fiat, BTC and "few major altcoins" but they of course incentivize the use of Soma community tokens.

Since they recently announced a partnership with Utrust, you can expect to use a lot of different altcoins for a payment method. But i guess fiat, BTC, ETH and Soma will be most popular.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

Cool project,

I hope I got it right. You buy something on the marketplace and the informations about this will be saved in the IIC. So, if an item will get sold and bought on the marketplace, everytime the information will be saved on the IIC, and can be tracked back to when it first got sold there.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:41:22 PM

Cool project,

El IIC is a virtual document in the blockchain that will store all the information of an item, including how many times it was bought, it's like a history of the item, so when you buy it inside the platform, you know what the particular item has been through, the downside is that the history starts when the item enters the ecosystem, before that, you will only know the information that the seller fills in, so if it was actually bought 3 times, the first time it may actually say 1, that will depend of the veracity of the seller, of course, if it's found out that the information is false, the seller and item lose credibility, thus reducing the chances of it being bought; its a fantastic feature, and once the platform becomes mainstream, it will become essential.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:05:40 PM

Utrust good project with nice idea and strong team. Parthnershp with them opening great perspective to Soma  Roll Eyes
Ill invest some money in Soma also  Roll Eyes

i know utrust as well - the connection is going to have a positive impact - congrats!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:33:35 PM

I seen on their site, that they have Alpha Apps for IOS? When will be apps for Android? I dont have Iphone (
Who tried their apps for IOS? Can you tell me please?

They will have apps for both but will start with IOs, and also they will start with some regions, by the time they get to yours, they may have already finished their android version, in any case, you should not be impatient, making an app for this project, may be very difficult, and android is more complex to program than IOs, considering that Android is in way too many different phones, unlike Ios.

You have Iphone? may be you tried their apps and can share your impressions?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: