Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:59:28 AM

When thdere is underselling post ico could be also due to the token allocated to the advisors or other people who helped out the project and get paid in tokens

I dont think advisor would dump the coin after ICO since they are a part of the team. They probably wouldnt join in if they didnt believe in the success of the project.
I am sure its mostly bounty hunters that are responsible for after ICO dumps.

Truth to be told, advisors don't owe anyone anything, and they can dump it all when ever they want, they are just offered basically free money for some thoughts and publicity.
You're wrong my friend, advisors invest their time and knowledge to help this project. I'm sure that they won't dump tokens just after listing them on exchange  Smiley

I think it's up to in which project they are involved. If they see a great future for one project they will probably hold the tokens. If they think there will be no growth for a longer time, I could imagen that even advisors dump coins to get nice money out of it.
Its really a waste of time if they make the decision after they join the team.
They should have decide it before they join the team, because why would they join the team if they didnt want to support the project? Too much effort if they just want to dump the coin/token.
Advisors are smart people - if they want to make some nice money of project they want to hold tokens and wait for price appreciation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

What soft cap they have? I see only hard cap requiments on their site..

They dont have a soft cap because it was already raised before the start of the ICO.

This comes from the co-founder of Soma:
We decided not include soft cap as we were already backed up by angel investments before the ICO round and ICO is a complementary round to develop our software further.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:15:50 AM

When thdere is underselling post ico could be also due to the token allocated to the advisors or other people who helped out the project and get paid in tokens

I dont think advisor would dump the coin after ICO since they are a part of the team. They probably wouldnt join in if they didnt believe in the success of the project.

Truth to be told, advisors don't owe anyone anything, and they can dump it all when ever they want, they are just offered basically free money for some thoughts and publicity.
You're wrong my friend, advisors invest their time and knowledge to help this project. I'm sure that they won't dump tokens just after listing them on exchange  Smiley

I think it's up to in which project they are involved. If they see a great future for one project they will probably hold the tokens. If they think there will be no growth for a longer time, I could imagen that even advisors dump coins to get nice money out of it.
They should have decide it before they join the team, because why would they join the team if they didnt want to support the project? Too much effort if they just want to dump the coin/token.
Advisors are smart people - if they want to make some nice money of project they want to hold tokens and wait for price appreciation

Still, i wouldn't give too much weight for advisors impact on future of any coin and i don't care if they dump or not. I am counting on developers, and they seem solid enough.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:20:29 AM

They dont have a soft cap because it was already raised before the start of the ICO.

We decided not include soft cap as we were already backed up by angel investments before the ICO round and ICO is a complementary round to develop our software further.

They raised plenty of moneys to start developing I guess, around $5,000,000 is not a joke and they already deployed an alpha app

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:12:22 AM

how many ETH raised so far? when ICO end?

If I am not mistaken they raised about 14282.413333 ETH so far into ICO,

and the ICO will end in about 11 days.

nearly 5 million dollar /hmmmm

how much do they need for hard cap?

maybe they will hit 10m but now it is a bad time for icos >< how bout extending it?
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:21:56 AM

Yes 5 million is a big amount, and I also think that the project will raise more money. People understand that soma will have a lot of user. And the alpha of the platform is really enjoyed by users, its a good argument for investors.
I don't think that the project will raise a lot of money on the ICO, and this is good for investors, in the future the price may rise strongly on the exchanges.

The more popular an ICO is, the more dumped it is the moment it fits exchanges, so for me, Soma is enough popular to at least reach the soft cap, in that way, it will have a low supply, and it will be pump eventually, reaching high value Cheesy.

I'm not sure that people (investors) will dump coins at listing. Maybe bounty hunters will do it, but it's small volume and value will stabilize quickly

dude, normally if you buy a pre sale ico coin/token as a investor, you buy a lot, dump it, when the price ico price is above the presale, on the exchange, to buy back cheap, when the bounty hunters make a dump. afterwards it will rise back Smiley
Well, it does not always happen, it all depends on the good news and how fast the project team works -
 in good projects, price of token steadily growing. I think with SOMA will be so
Mostly it depends on the hard cap. If it's to high it's always the same that tokens get dumped. That's why a hard cap is so important for ICO participants.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:22:24 AM

I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.

I think its very likely that angel investors are being rewarded with more information about the project/business model. I dont see any harm in that

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:28:02 AM

They raised plenty of moneys to start developing I guess, around $5,000,000 is not a joke and they already deployed an alpha app

5m can pay a lot of developers to get to work for sure! I am curious though, with all these ICO's out there. How many crypto developers are there in the world?
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:51:34 AM

5m can pay a lot of developers to get to work for sure! I am curious though, with all these ICO's out there. How many crypto developers are there in the world?

If you look at their team page, there are already a lot of developers (seem talented one), I'm not so sure thet they need more devs

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:01:55 AM

If you look at their team page, there are already a lot of developers (seem talented one), I'm not so sure thet they need more devs
I agree, SOMA team works perfectly, the promised ones are completed - alpha is ready, soft cap was achieved. everything seems to be going right, I think they will undoubtedly be successful
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:15:41 AM

I think they just need one more to make communication with here. Cheesy

Still, ico is going well so maybe they don't need it after all.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:46:30 AM

I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.

I think its very likely that angel investors are being rewarded with more information about the project/business model. I dont see any harm in that

That would be normal, and it's like this in every projects.

When you have a big investors, he has the right to know more than the others since it's thanks to him that the project succeeds.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:53:30 AM

You don't? In some countries trading based on nonpublic information about the company is illegal. In practice insider trading in respect to IPOs is uncommon because the potential gain is low as the company is not trading yet and the IPO price is known publicly. However I see that for example India has identified a window for mischief after the drafting of the prospectus but before the listing date and is planning to regulate it. During that window price-sensitive information can be made available to insiders. With respect to Soma it is the promise of a 'good business model' that is never detailed in the whitepaper. Either this good business model is indeed very good, but then why bother hiding that information from the public?, or there is no business model at all, meaning it is an opportunity for the angel investors to sell coins acquired at a discount at the higher ICO price.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:58:17 AM

Not many, i know there is a high demand for developers in the crypto world right now.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:28:54 AM

I agree, SOMA team works perfectly, the promised ones are completed - alpha is ready, soft cap was achieved. everything seems to be going right, I think they will undoubtedly be successful
Success or failure of SOMA ICO still depends on the future and the community want to support this project for long time or not! A good project never increases its token value soon, it will increase slowly and till complete its product as the roadmap.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:29:49 AM

Thank you. How mush this angels investors inveted in this project?
Where i can see this amount?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:30:42 AM

Not many, i know there is a high demand for developers in the crypto world right now.

an app like this doesn't necessarily need crypto dev's. those are required , but not in large amount. traditional dev's will do the job.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:58:42 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 03:05:23 PM by toolucky98

You don't? In some countries trading based on nonpublic information about the company is illegal. In practice insider trading in respect to IPOs is uncommon because the potential gain is low as the company is not trading yet and the IPO price is known publicly. However I see that for example India has identified a window for mischief after the drafting of the prospectus but before the listing date and is planning to regulate it. During that window price-sensitive information can be made available to insiders. With respect to Soma it is the promise of a 'good business model' that is never detailed in the whitepaper. Either this good business model is indeed very good, but then why bother hiding that information from the public?, or there is no business model at all, meaning it is an opportunity for the angel investors to sell coins acquired at a discount at the higher ICO price.
It seems like the dev isnt active at all in this forum, have you tried to ask them in telegram / slack?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:01:59 PM

Sure they are smart people, and that's the point. Of course they want to make money, you don't believe they would work for free, right?
Also there is a possibility that a project looks good and interesting before, but it develops in a totally different way. I am pretty sure that they, if they see the need, also would sell instead of holding. But who I am, I am not an advisor  Roll Eyes

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:10:35 PM

About their revenue, maybe they will add ads to the mobile platform? Maybe some paid service like ebay to list your goods on top of the others ? (But this against the SOMA's idea, if your product is listed on top of the others there's not point to seek people's help to push it. So there's no need for that)

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: