Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:42:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92772 times)
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:59:03 PM

I know soma through a friend introduced, I think soma is quite good
The rewards are a good form of marketing to people, reaching out to many people
Expect good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:14:26 PM

1 ETH for the lottery? I will be throwing 1 just to try my luck.

Yes. your chances to small, only 3 winner will be. But we can try it... 5000 SCT its more than 10 ETH..  Roll Eyes
and if Soma will make nn profits, it would be much more than 10 ETH  Shocked

I didn't see there was a lottery. Still, it is too much risk for me. 1 eth is too much for me to gamble on it. Hope you good luck.

I think it is not necessary to risk the chances to get something are very low.

Where is this lottery , From what you say it's not worth it. 1ETH for 10ETH ...

Just see it as a bonus for investing more than 1 ETH in the ICO. You will get, besides the Soma tokens, 1 stake for every 1 ETH you invest. This way you have the chance to be one of 3 lucky guys and win 5000 SCT.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:21:17 PM

SOMA & UTRUST. My two favourite ICOs in partnership  Grin
there are also my favorites i think that with their partnership,the success of both will be inevitable...

They are very complimentary. I was a bit worried about UTRUST having to find partners to actually use/offer their payment system, but with this partnership with SOMA they have a partner where they can prove their technology.
Many ICOs need a good payment system. If UTRUST could reach their goals both UTRUST and SOMA will benefit from this partnership.

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:40:29 PM

1 ETH for the lottery? I will be throwing 1 just to try my luck.

Yes. your chances to small, only 3 winner will be. But we can try it... 5000 SCT its more than 10 ETH..  Roll Eyes
and if Soma will make nn profits, it would be much more than 10 ETH  Shocked

I didn't see there was a lottery. Still, it is too much risk for me. 1 eth is too much for me to gamble on it. Hope you good luck.

I think it is not necessary to risk the chances to get something are very low.

Where is this lottery , From what you say it's not worth it. 1ETH for 10ETH ...

Just see it as a bonus for investing more than 1 ETH in the ICO. You will get, besides the Soma tokens, 1 stake for every 1 ETH you invest. This way you have the chance to be one of 3 lucky guys and win 5000 SCT.

Right, you dont pay extra ETH for joining the lottery, you participate in it automatically for every ETH invested so on the end you will profit in any case. That is a good marketing decision by the devs, it add the excitement  factor to the ICO

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

there are also my favorites i think that with their partnership,the success of both will be inevitable...

They are very complimentary. I was a bit worried about UTRUST having to find partners to actually use/offer their payment system, but with this partnership with SOMA they have a partner where they can prove their technology.
Many ICOs need a good payment system. If UTRUST could reach their goals both UTRUST and SOMA will benefit from this partnership.

I agree, a good start for both projects,
I think with time there will be new contracts and partners that will lead SOMA to success
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:56:14 PM

But it is very interesting indeed. How do you know that the IIC and the item really are the same?
Barcodes can just be sticked to anything...  Is the IIC is not a physical card, is it?

You just gave me an idea that could solve this problem for Soma. Maybe Soma is already on top of this too, or maybe not, either way I am not going to share it Wink
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:56:09 PM

I think with time there will be new contracts and partners that will lead SOMA to success

definitely, both projects will need to announce new partnerships to keep people engaged and the money coming.

Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:50:40 PM

definitely, both projects will need to announce new partnerships to keep people engaged and the money coming.
We need to give them a little more time for it. I'm sure that there will be more great partnerships!
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:16:50 PM

I thinking... Whats reminds me Soma.. And understand now.. Its Pinterest! hm...
Pinterest have a huge succes, as I understand Soma also make same sosial-network shop but for crypto only. May they will also have succes  Roll Eyes

Really some similarity they have. My wife likes to look in this Pinterest. Let's see how popular is SOMA.

Wow I really don't understand the similarities there, could you develop ?  Grin

Thats a strange comparision.
SOMA will be more like Facebook because there idea come from Facebook.

Look at the Whitepaper:
Soma (https://soma.co/) began as a project since we wanted to create a unique and revolutionary platform for the secondhand
commerce as a response to the market situation where the old platforms are leaking vast amount of users to localized
Facebook Groups. The emergence of localized Facebook groups for trade is a global phenomenon and this trend seems to
continue.

The platform will be more like Facebook, liking, sharing, ...
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:31:13 PM

Its definitively a partnership that will benefit both. But what about their release dates? Are they coinciding each other? They both should have their platform ready around the same time for this partnership to work from the beginning.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:31:59 PM

I thinking... Whats reminds me Soma.. And understand now.. Its Pinterest! hm...
Pinterest have a huge succes, as I understand Soma also make same sosial-network shop but for crypto only. May they will also have succes  Roll Eyes

Really some similarity they have. My wife likes to look in this Pinterest. Let's see how popular is SOMA.

Wow I really don't understand the similarities there, could you develop ?  Grin

Thats a strange comparision.
SOMA will be more like Facebook because there idea come from Facebook.

Look at the Whitepaper:
Soma (https://soma.co/) began as a project since we wanted to create a unique and revolutionary platform for the secondhand
commerce as a response to the market situation where the old platforms are leaking vast amount of users to localized
Facebook Groups. The emergence of localized Facebook groups for trade is a global phenomenon and this trend seems to
continue.

The platform will be more like Facebook, liking, sharing, ...
I think it will be a mix of facebook, ebay + their unique feature to be able to create a product history.

Rigorous

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:01:34 PM

I think it will be a mix of facebook, ebay + their unique feature to be able to create a product history.

But on Facebook you cannot trade likes, but for Soma that is one of their defining features. Wouldn't Steemit be a better comparison? There you can upvote contributors' posts with coins.

Here is a long article about Steemit on Wired from a few days ago, maybe we can learn something from it and see how it fits Soma. https://www.wired.com/story/the-social-network-doling-out-millions-in-ephemeral-money/
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:15:41 PM

But on Facebook you cannot trade likes, but for Soma that is one of their defining features. Wouldn't Steemit be a better comparison? There you can upvote contributors' posts with coins.

Here is a long article about Steemit on Wired from a few days ago, maybe we can learn something from it and see how it fits Soma. https://www.wired.com/story/the-social-network-doling-out-millions-in-ephemeral-money/

Steemit is a nice comparision: SOMA meets Steemit X Facebook :p
I did the translation of SOMA and while I was translating the whitepaper I got really excited about SOMA, the features and everything around this platform are really great.

SOMA will be big!
Great work team
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:26:10 PM

But it is very interesting indeed. How do you know that the IIC and the item really are the same?
Barcodes can just be sticked to anything...  Is the IIC is not a physical card, is it?

You just gave me an idea that could solve this problem for Soma. Maybe Soma is already on top of this too, or maybe not, either way I am not going to share it Wink

A lot of people have doubts that the idea of IIC is not good enough, there are many concerns regarding the authenticity of an item that will be sold in the platform, anybody couldcreate one with fals information, of anybody could falsify a barcode, or a qt image.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:59:40 PM

A lot of people have doubts that the idea of IIC is not good enough, there are many concerns regarding the authenticity of an item that will be sold in the platform, anybody couldcreate one with fals information, of anybody could falsify a barcode, or a qt image.

I wonder if Soma has considered even this. Maybe their target demographic does not tend to sell such high profile products despite the guitar example. But if Soma is more suited for low risk items then what is the point of IIC in the first place?
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:07:59 AM

Its normal if soma can seems a little like Facebook, the idea come from a need, a need find on Facebook with local trading group. And soma will build a community and social market place, and its really a great idea, and its already working on Facebook for exemple. But soma will be build especially for that, so it will be better !
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:38:06 AM

which exchange are you looking for listing? this is going to be nice

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:25:11 AM

I wonder if Soma has considered even this. Maybe their target demographic does not tend to sell such high profile products despite the guitar example. But if Soma is more suited for low risk items then what is the point of IIC in the first place?

Who knows, maybe they saw our doubts about the IIC and are already working on a better concept of this. In the end it's just a feature, and it can be developed over time.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
john yuan

Activity: 154

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:34:29 AM

UTRUST and Soma Announce Powerful Partnership to Upgrade Classifieds Business Model
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/utrust-soma-powerful-partnership-upgrade-business-model/
It was exciting to see the news Cool
The SOMA project team is working hard
Implement the planned plan
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:39:49 AM

which exchange are you looking for listing? this is going to be nice
Many projects cant give a concrete name about on which exchange their coin/token will be listed when they still in the ICO stage, because its a further development (after ico, not for now)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: