Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92776 times)
wonderfullife

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:48:45 AM

Soma wants to create a plaform where buyers and sellers can exchange easily and where even all the actors of the platform can share each other what they want. For their participation to the platform they will be rewarded in soma token. Very interesting project. Now the main goal after that the platform is fully operational is to catch mass adoption. Hope it will be big. The concept is big.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:11:30 AM

what is minimum CAP require? also what will happen to all token that left?

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:39:19 AM

I want to know about this too, there is no explanation about this on the whitepaper.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:14:38 AM

I want to know about this too, there is no explanation about this on the whitepaper.

I don't think there's any minimum cap not that they mentioned about it on their token sale page. Even if there is one I think it must have been already met as they already raised 14k+ ETH which itself is a huge amount.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:18:46 AM

I don't think there's any minimum cap not that they mentioned about it on their token sale page. Even if there is one I think it must have been already met as they already raised 14k+ ETH which itself is a huge amount.

Yes, they already have some investments outside of the ICO, and already a working app that soon will be in a closed beta release, that means that there will be only a hard cap, but even if the hard cap is not reached, the project will continue anyway, so is a win-win for all investors Cheesy, or it is what I understood.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:27:15 AM

Yes, they already have some investments outside of the ICO, and already a working app that soon will be in a closed beta release, that means that there will be only a hard cap, but even if the hard cap is not reached, the project will continue anyway, so is a win-win for all investors Cheesy, or it is what I understood.

This only leaves the question, that what will happen to tokens that are not sold. It's a valid question since buy ratio is fixed. One would think that it's going to get burned, but strange that it isn't mentioned in anywhere. (Well anywhere where i can see it anyway)
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:05:51 AM

This only leaves the question, that what will happen to tokens that are not sold. It's a valid question since buy ratio is fixed. One would think that it's going to get burned, but strange that it isn't mentioned in anywhere. (Well anywhere where i can see it anyway)
If they do not want to burn the token can not sell in crowdsale, they need to have some ways to solve this issue. They can not keep those tokens and own it. Example: Exscudo and COSS token, these projects had a decision is increase rate price and distribution the remaining amount of coin to all holders.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:31:54 AM

I'm hoping they will release the beta to the public before the ICO if they want an extra argument for investing. Nothing says I'm a serious project like a working product.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:46:43 AM

I'm hoping they will release the beta to the public before the ICO if they want an extra argument for investing. Nothing says I'm a serious project like a working product.

Well the Soma ICO is already live since the 26th September but I get what you mean. The release of an working beta could boost the number of investors.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:13:59 AM

Are you going to patent the ICC card in all regions? I've heard that's pretty costly, but profitable if other people start to pay for using your patent.
wonderfullife

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:27:37 AM

If Soma was operational with many users it will easily be the best platform to sell items. With Soma we will be rewarded in Soma coin to do what we usually do on this kind of platform (sell and buy) but we will also be rewarded to share with the community. With all the ideas Soma team have i just wondered what will be the design of this website and how they gonna be able to put all these functionnalities. 
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:33:37 AM

Are you going to patent the ICC card in all regions? I've heard that's pretty costly, but profitable if other people start to pay for using your patent.

What is ICC? is there ICC plan?
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:36:47 AM

From whitepaper: "Soma Secure Payment is an integrated escrow service
which facilitates the payment process by holding the
payment in a secured escrow account until the buyer
has confirmed that a certain priorly agreed event
has occurred (i.e receipt of item). As a decentralized
platform, Soma will be able to minimize the transaction
costs and provide a feasible way to engage even in
high-value transactions in a safe manner"

Will this also be able to be used to trading different crypto currencies between 2 parties?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:50:48 AM

I hope they burn the unsold tokens. I would not want someone to sit on a large pile of unsold tokens who can control SOMA's future price.
turkiman

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:04:48 AM

hello dev, i still confused about this project, especially about the token iformation. There is no info about token distribution, token allocation

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
⋄❖⋄ Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:09:11 AM

hello dev, i still confused about this project, especially about the token iformation. There is no info about token distribution, token allocation

https://soma.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Whitepaper-2-compressed.pdf

Page 10.

You will find those details.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:16:41 AM

I found the team quite Active on slack. Might try to ask them there if you dont get response here within reasonable timeframe.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:29:47 AM

What is ICC? is there ICC plan?

I think you mean IIC. Its Interactive Item Card; Info on website says its some kind of representation of the physical item that you want to sell. It looks like something very unique, and makes this project different than others.

windreamteam

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:31:51 AM

Very good thing to have the objective to create a platform that could reduce the intermediaries because as you say many people don't win a lot because they only have the possibility to sell low comparated to the final product price in case of the different intermediaries. I hope as you said that your platform will help these people to sell directly to the consumers to have a more decent revenue.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:32:27 AM

I hope they burn the unsold tokens. I would not want someone to sit on a large pile of unsold tokens who can control SOMA's future price.

It can go both ways.

They can burn or keep them. Burn would be good for investors, keep would be good for them. I prefer them to burn, but if I were them, I would keep then Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: