Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46471 times)
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:51:45 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
You have a good portfolio in there. If I where you, just take a break make a quality time with your friends, family and your love ones. The tide will soon be gone i believe your portfolio is for long term so no need to be in a hurry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:20 AM

Hold steady, spend only if you have to, no need changing your spending habit or dumping your bitcoins because the price is seemingly going down. I can speak only for bitcoin, the rest I don't really trust aside from ethereum maybe.

If day trading, obviously different rules apply, If the price hits your chosen stop loss, the best thing to do is to sell as soon as possible, This also applies to when the price hits your desired target.

I also usually hold and prefer to do that, but in case urgent requirement, I do sell or spend my Bitcoins. I would advice the same actions to perform, sell only if its necessary. I am talking about the Bitcoins you acquired by selling goods or services, and if you are investing then mostly you should not require to sell as you should have known your requirements before investing.
Sometimes, you also need to sell your Bitcoin when it reached highest price like $6,000 in past days. That is an opportunity to take profits and you can buy back when the market correction the price of Bitcoin. Ignore it just make you waste your opportunity.
cryptohome

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Hold them until it gets back to where you wanted them to be.
Also try to accumulate more if you can as the low period is more considered as the shopping time in crypto.

Rules are simple: Buy it at it's lowest and sell it at it's peak.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:42:50 AM

Also try to accumulate more if you can as the low period is more considered as the shopping time in crypto.

it only applies to bitcoin and not to altcoin, in the most important trading market is its quantity, so regardless of the current price, we can still benefit. We can still profit if hold continues periodically, but will not get more results, you are too cliche with basic trading patterns.
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

Yeah its true, When the price value of your coin is decreasing, It does not mean that it will stay low forever and it will go back at the normal price when the time goe's by. Just learn the basic principles of marketing and you will have a good head start to trading.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:24:56 AM

Take advantage of it and buy a lot. Don't panic if one your coins are those that keeps falling because it will recover somehow and you just need to wait and never try to sell it.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:44:14 AM

Hold steady, spend only if you have to, no need changing your spending habit or dumping your bitcoins because the price is seemingly going down. I can speak only for bitcoin, the rest I don't really trust aside from ethereum maybe.

If day trading, obviously different rules apply, If the price hits your chosen stop loss, the best thing to do is to sell as soon as possible, This also applies to when the price hits your desired target.

Well, this is the most common saying in the world of trading that buy low, sell high. Only by following this rule, a trader can really become rich. In order to buy something at a low price, you need a reduction in the value actually and that decline is what we call dip. Dip is the right time to buy crypto coins.

Selling out any altcoins won’t bring big loss but giving away only one bitcoin means a massive destruction. The least that a person can do in his favor during dip is to simply hold.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:13:52 AM

To my view point if the bitcoin price falls it is good to buy more and invest for more betterment and wait for a hike, falling price can be taken as a positive one.I don't believe that the price will  decrease too low in this present digital world , we can wait and see what happens next.
Falling prices is usually meant to be a good one. In as much as we do not want weaker hands, there is no way we can end up doing without them and that is when it is just perfect to buy into their fears. That is how I see it anyway just like you have said. Things are changing and time will come when it will start getting pretty hard to see very huge drops except few corrections here and there.
But you need to have money in that time, even you can have chance to buy Bitcoin with cheap price, but if you have not money, how do you buy it? Therefore, management your capital is very important to avoid the situation missed a lot of chances buy Bitcoin at bottom price.
That is the point! You just have to manage and plan down for such days. You can only miss a chance if you do not have the resources in place to utilize the opportunity and every opportunity usually come once in a while which is why you should try as much as possible never to miss them.

I try personally since 2016, never to miss such chances and it has really been a great decision since then.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:31:35 AM

Hold tight and wait for it going up again.  Grin Grin Grin
Yes i agree with you, Hold is the best thing to do if you want to get your profit. You don't lose your bitcoin or altcoin unless you sell for the lowest price for your actual price. That's why much better to hold after you get your profit what you want and sell it.
At the time when the prices are falling down, then there is only one thing which can help you from not suffering any kind of loss and that is remain cool and calm. You need to be patient at that time and hold your bitcoin for as long as you can. There is no point of getting panic and selling your bitcoins at that time. This will do nothing but will result in huge loss. Patience is the only key.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:31:49 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
every day btc price increase or decrease. if you see btc and other coin price chart. btc decrease but not for long time. after a time it price decrease. so I tell don't worry for decrease. wait some time and set your plan for sell.
That makes sense actually. There are two things when decrease in price occurs. Either you sell or you hold. Now you have to decide which action suits you more enough. Keeping the market price chart in mind, as you have said well, bitcoin have gone down many times but that didn’t last for long period. It comes back always so better is to hold. Don’t sell until you have got enough profit.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:18:05 AM

It may remain calm and optimistic that rising or falling bitcoin prices has become an inseparable system of bitcoin, and if it does not have an immediate need, it may be better to keep bitcoin as a future savings. because I believe the bitcoin price will continue to rise.
Except for someone that is pretty much earning from bitcoin fully from freelance jobs and the forum, and is definitely surviving from that, I do not see the reason why anyone with a good job and is saving in their wallet for long term should even think of removing now until they are sure their investment has got to the stage they can say yes! What I have now is enough to probably start up some investment so as to keep it increasing.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:44:04 PM

Hold tight and wait for it going up again.  Grin Grin Grin
Yes i agree with you, Hold is the best thing to do if you want to get your profit. You don't lose your bitcoin or altcoin unless you sell for the lowest price for your actual price. That's why much better to hold after you get your profit what you want and sell it.
At the time when the prices are falling down, then there is only one thing which can help you from not suffering any kind of loss and that is remain cool and calm. You need to be patient at that time and hold your bitcoin for as long as you can. There is no point of getting panic and selling your bitcoins at that time. This will do nothing but will result in huge loss. Patience is the only key.
In my opinion, depend on the trend of the market, I will decide to sell my Bitcoin or not. The price of Bitcoin falls down does not mean it is not good time to sell your Bitcoin. Example if it just started to falls down from $6,000 and I have chance to sell it at $5,900. Sell my Bitcoin and buy back it after panic seller dumped its price, I can buy extra Bitcoin with same amount of money instead of hold it.
JunoCoin

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:03:13 PM

Supposing that you trade with small amount of money and you are a small fish there is one good strategy for you - sell when price goes down, buy when price goes up. This is it.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

Think fast.  You need to be able to figure quickly why it is falling and is it going to come back.  BTC drops based on this and that rumor sets and always comes back, is this true for the coin you have now that is dropping?  The thing that some people forget is that they have already made money on a coin, not always true, but often forgotten.  They buy a coin, do this and that and make a tidy bit of profit as it rises, then freak out and make this and that guess as it drops.
What I believe is this, if you have still got profit left, I will advise you to sell immediately and then wait for the price to fall the lowest it can, then you invest back. But if at the time of falling you’ve got no profit left, then I will say you should take the risk and leave it there.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:36:48 PM

Take advantage of it and buy a lot. Don't panic if one your coins are those that keeps falling because it will recover somehow and you just need to wait and never try to sell it.
At the time when the prices are falling down, there are so many things which can do. The most preferable thing which the owners of the bitcoins should do is to control their nerves and remain patient so that they do not get panic. In addition to this, you need to take maximum advantage of those moments and you should go for buying of as many bitcoins at that time as you can.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:26:24 PM

bitcoin is varying with time when ever the price of bitcoin is falling then some people become tense but its time to be happy because it is the time to buying more and more bitcoin because when you buy large number of bitcoin then when the price is increased from the present and you sale these bitcoins then you can get more profit.
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:20:31 PM

You can either sell and buy in when you feel like its the lowest point or just hold.

enterprevic

Activity: 86

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:02:08 PM

The way the market moves has no effect on traders except you're just holding your coins in a wallet, but if you are trading with it then you would not be affected if the price is falling (that's if you're a good trader though, because novice traders would be badly hit Grin) there is always profit to be made on each trend that the market is going either the price is going up or the price is reducing, though as for me the greatest thing to do when the price is falling is to buy more because everyone knows that the price of bitcoin would suddenly drop at a time and then pick up again.

whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:08:07 PM

The way the market moves has no effect on traders except you're just holding your coins in a wallet, but if you are trading with it then you would not be affected if the price is falling (that's if you're a good trader though, because novice traders would be badly hit Grin) there is always profit to be made on each trend that the market is going either the price is going up or the price is reducing, though as for me the greatest thing to do when the price is falling is to buy more because everyone knows that the price of bitcoin would suddenly drop at a time and then pick up again.
It seems to me that you do not need to pay attention to when the price falls. Some people have earned already on the next fork, when they bought Bitcoin and got another coin in the same amount.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:15:38 PM

Well isnt an easy situation to handle, because even failing you can still into profit soo you might consider to sell and try to return later, some people does see another opportunity to buy and hold till the coin recover, i do like to watch the market then i take some decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: