Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46479 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:01:25 PM

Yes it is terrible, if all odal are stored there.
there is no hope other than holding it for some time until there is certainty the price will rise again.  Angry
Holding the bitcoin for some time is actually a very good approach and that too at the time when the prices are falling down. There is no need of getting panic at that time and making for some foolish decision, in fact you need to control your nerves and hold your bitcoins in order to have a good profit. Otherwise, you will suffer a huge loss.

Avoid the panic selling and all.Try to sell only you need of money or else keep shut.Only if the price of bitcoin is increased means,you can continue the selling.At that time only you will get the profit .Or else entire thing is waste.If the price of bitcoin is move towards low value,try to buy lot of bitcoin at very low cost and sell it wisely.
I agree with you, we need to control emotions and keep a calm state, all our next actions will determine a lot about our profit, if we oscillate and panic selling, we will only get the unnecessary loss. And with bitcoin, falling prices are a very normal thing, prices will soon recover and increase again, so we should consider it an opportunity for us to buy more bitcoin, the potential of bitcoin is huge, we should believe in it. In addition, we should not observe the price screen too much and do not try to analyze when prices are falling, that just makes us panic selling

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yishak

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:05:34 PM

If the price is falling then buy some and hold them till the price recovers . you will have some nice profit if you buy when the price is down cause like you there thousands and thousands of other traders in the market , and what every trader do when the price goes down by much is they buy so the price will recover quick ,try to buy some before it does.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:52:03 PM

Yes it is terrible, if all odal are stored there.
there is no hope other than holding it for some time until there is certainty the price will rise again.  Angry
Holding the bitcoin for some time is actually a very good approach and that too at the time when the prices are falling down. There is no need of getting panic at that time and making for some foolish decision, in fact you need to control your nerves and hold your bitcoins in order to have a good profit. Otherwise, you will suffer a huge loss.

Avoid the panic selling and all.Try to sell only you need of money or else keep shut.Only if the price of bitcoin is increased means,you can continue the selling.At that time only you will get the profit .Or else entire thing is waste.If the price of bitcoin is move towards low value,try to buy lot of bitcoin at very low cost and sell it wisely.
I agree with you, we need to control emotions and keep a calm state, all our next actions will determine a lot about our profit, if we oscillate and panic selling, we will only get the unnecessary loss. And with bitcoin, falling prices are a very normal thing, prices will soon recover and increase again, so we should consider it an opportunity for us to buy more bitcoin, the potential of bitcoin is huge, we should believe in it. In addition, we should not observe the price screen too much and do not try to analyze when prices are falling, that just makes us panic selling
If the price fall down we don't need to worries regarding that, because we all know that bitcoin are so easy to recovered. Otherwise bitcoin prices are so fast to increase, right now bitcoin value was running into $4500 and hoping that this coming December 2017 we hit the $5000-$6000.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:08:43 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

It entirely depends on your risk taking capability and also on your goal. If you are thinking about long term, then you should go for dollar cost averaging method. You can buy more bitcoins at a cheaper price when the price is falling. It will bring down the portfolio risk as well as the average buying price of bitcoin. I mean that is only feasible if you have a long term outlook for bitcoin.

I don't think, short selling is available in any crypto exchanges. At least I don't know. So if anyone can tell us where the shorting is available that would be a great help. So without short selling method, dollar cost averaging is another wise thing you can do.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Frank0209

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:42:43 PM

I'm not sure with other altcoins but with Bitcoin, when its price fall down I'll buy some more cause I think Bitcoin has very good potential and it can easily get over 10k$ in the near future. There are some guys said that Bitcoin is just a bubble and it'll be blown up soon, don't believe them, they just want to dump the price of Bitcoin then buy a huge amount of Bitcoin with cheaper price. So I think we should not shilly-shally about buying more Bitcoin when the price go down Smiley
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:48:38 PM

Just get into trading and brought a lot of bitcoin  from the panic people.And also with the people selling bitcoin for their FIAT Exchange. Don't sell that bitcoin for longer periods. After a month, check the price of bitcoin. If you come to know ,the price at that time is nth time greater than a month means, sell your holding bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Enzo 666

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:13:52 PM

just watch it and cry  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

when price falling it is your work time and it will make you gain money so if you loss that time sold all your bitcoin and away from btc world
anklas

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:02:58 PM

If prices are falling what i do is hold because i am a long term investors i will patiently wait for the market to recover and increase again. Patience is a virtue i know i will earn good profit in the future.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
razzbee

Activity: 182

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 10:04:58 PM

When I have alot of btc, and price falls, I calm down and wait, if I have less or no btc, I buy more ..
memyselfandi

Activity: 573

Futurov

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:40:33 PM

When you see that the prices of coins are falling or decreasing, all you need to do is to hold your coins. If the value of ETH to BTC becomes low then you need to hold it or keep your ETH coin. Because basically the money you can earn also decreases because of the poor exchange rate. Just wait for the moment when it pump up again.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:31:28 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

quit bad? by buying bitcoin for $4600? that that not quit bad, thats the right decision, whether you are or not educated in bitcoin then you buy/bought bitcoin in what decisions you have, that the right decisions youve made for your whole life.
then during the dip (bitcoin price decreasing) all you can do is buy as much as you can (bitcoin) and sell as much as you have (alt-coin), because they are vise versa,  i mean when the bitcoin is falling, alt-coins are increasing, when the alt-coins are falling then bitcoin is increasing, so thats why i tell you to buy bitcoin as much as you can when in the dip, the sell your alts as much as you have after the pump.
I am also in favor of grabbing maximum bitcoin when they are going through dumping phases. This is the best thing you can ever do to yourself and to the persons related to you. Bitcoin as we all know are the future of the world and if you are getting chances of buying bitcoin at cheap prices, think of yourself as blessed one because soon bitcoin are going to be out of range.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:52:42 AM

First thing I do is I keep myself calm when the prices are falling. second thing I  dont think of panic selling . If it is possible I book the profit immediatly.

And I try to buy more at the bottom.

Surprisingly I do the same but I would like to add some more things in it:
1.   I involve myself in some sort of yoga or meditation exercises to keep myself as calm as I can.
2.   I try to control my emotions by a thought, “Soon this time will also be passed.”
3.   I try to buy as many coins as I can because I know that one day prices are going to high again
      where I can make a lot of money.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 05:38:39 AM

For me i would just stay calm but if the volume is not that good and it is dumping so much i would probably sell it but if the dump is just quick and it goes higher i would sell there.

I don't think that any kind of dump will fluctuate the market cap as whole. This is just not possible with any kind of dump because what stays in the market stays in the cap forever. A fixed amount of cap will always be there and before it could surpass the below line it will always rise again due to those sellers who take the opportunity to buy when the bitcoin is dumping.

It's better to be one of those buyers and keep calm in such situation. This will probably flood you with profits in the future of bitcoin.

mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:53:30 AM

For me i would just stay calm but if the volume is not that good and it is dumping so much i would probably sell it but if the dump is just quick and it goes higher i would sell there.

I don't think that any kind of dump will fluctuate the market cap as whole. This is just not possible with any kind of dump because what stays in the market stays in the cap forever. A fixed amount of cap will always be there and before it could surpass the below line it will always rise again due to those sellers who take the opportunity to buy when the bitcoin is dumping.

It's better to be one of those buyers and keep calm in such situation. This will probably flood you with profits in the future of bitcoin.

When price are falling down the best thing we can do is to sell our bitcoin, because we don't know if how long we can hold it. Due to unexpected fall down of bitcoin value I was scared to hold it for long period of time, maybe I just hold my bitcoin if this coin are become stable in the market. Moreover, sometimes I always need cash to support the needed of my family and I get some of them from to buy stuff needed of my kids. Unfortunately I plan also to save some of my income for the future value of bitcoin.
lokpalnaik

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:23:44 AM

It would be better to retain the existing stock, Dip in price will of short term. Rather buy further when the price is less. We can trade once the price has reached  up to certain levels.

S E N S E | The Protocol for Human Intelligence and Human Capital | # > TOKEN SALE STARTS ON 27 SEPTEMBER |[/cent (https://sensetoken.com/)
lllaqpt

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:44:37 AM

If the price falls, I usually hold my coins until it grows up and brings me a good profit. If I have free money. then I can buy more coins at a cheap price.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:45:17 AM

It would be better to retain the existing stock, Dip in price will of short term. Rather buy further when the price is less. We can trade once the price has reached  up to certain levels.

I think we have to be very careful when the price is dipping because that is the right time to hold in the market because sometime those Dips will not carry much long time. After some time again the price will start jumping if you can start managing on holding then you will get more income on your spendings.
Goodmens

Activity: 170
Merit: 39

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:49:22 AM

set a stop loss..
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:04:18 AM

If the price start falling, better just hold your coin for a while do not panic and sell your coin it is a wrong move instead better buy when it reaches its lower price, grab it when the price goes down, because in few weeks it will grow then, do not worry especially now that the prices go ups and downs. It is just an effect of some panic sellers and changes in market. So better stay calm and hold for long and buy more when it is cheap. Just relax thats all.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:41:40 AM

My only suggestion for you when prices are falling is HOLD. Some people have weak hands, they panic and sold their coins  after it. Trading is very risky so you have to be patient and have strong hands. Read some news about your coins or what your coin can do in the future so you can decide if you hold that coin for long term.
Yes I agree with you, being patient is the key here to gain more profit, just like me, I don't have enough that patient when I think the price is high I will sell it already but once I sell it, it turns out that bitcoin will rise again.  Grin hahaha. Wrong timing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: