Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46471 times)
tengek37

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:18:43 PM

One of the determinants of market price movements is the behavior of market participants themselves; when there is a down price news then there will be many market players who will sell their coins to avoid losses, but the more people who make the sale will further support the price to a lower price, but when there is news of the decline and we do not sell the news will only last a while and do not rule out the price will reverse direction.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Triple7Fox

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:37:35 PM

One of the determinants of market price movements is the behavior of market participants themselves; when there is a down price news then there will be many market players who will sell their coins to avoid losses, but the more people who make the sale will further support the price to a lower price, but when there is news of the decline and we do not sell the news will only last a while and do not rule out the price will reverse direction.

This market relies heavily on news and often heavily influences market prices. I think this is very interesting because every trade we have to consider a lot and to limit the risk involved in investing.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:53:25 PM

When prices of alts fall down, you don't have to do anything. Some people panic and sell their holdings thinking that they might get wrecked. But before you react, you have to know why does the prices are falling down. Maybe they are just normal. Crypto markets are truly volatile in nature. So you better get used to it. Just keep updated about the coins you hold so that you know why does its price increases/decreases.
Are you sure ? It is never be cool to lose your value so fast.
Normal thing to get panic , you just need to experience it several times and then learn from it.
You should be more careful making decision and create a clear plan on your investment.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

Currently, I recommend that you sell all altcoin to BTC and limit trade at this time because there will definitely be a terrible sale on the 25th day and everyone will be in the fire. Hold BTC is the safest way at this time

Limiting sales, yes I quite agree with that as this is not the best time to even dabble trying to trade anyway, as it is quite risky with all the altcoin market sliding down. However, selling all the altcoins one has is not a must, unless what you are holding is shitty anyway. The terrible sale of altcoin is already going on and it has been bloody already, so selling for some now would be a huge loss and is not even an option, than to hold and expect the altcoin market to bounce back after all the forks. Well, I am in that position right now for sure and that is pretty much what I am going to do.
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:31:28 PM

For me i would just stay calm but if the volume is not that good and it is dumping so much i would probably sell it but if the dump is just quick and it goes higher i would sell there.
Yes that's the right thing to do, even the the value was drop down, instead of getting panic be still and at ease because in the end it will resume once more at the original value or more I think.

Correct, I guess being calm is the best suppressor of everybody's emotions with the dropping price and panic isn't a good idea for that. In fact other investors will buy another holding because that's another opportunity to gain while bitcoin has its cheaper value again. Those frustrated buyers will be happier when it happened prices on different crypto coins will fall, and that's their time to invest for the future.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:15:27 PM

For me i like to buy more crypto especially when i know if it will gonna drop or gonna rise, it's really the best if you know all the patterns (will take you ahwile because there are so much patterns).
I think this entire thing you get to know with experience. Most the new traders get panic at the time when they see prices going down instead of cashing that opportunity. I think that time is the best time to make a wise decision of earning as many Bitcoins as you can. All you need is to remain patient.

Being a good trader price fall and price up both are the best opportunity for trader. Because whenever the price fall in the market then an experienced trader start investing and getting coins more and more coins and when a price increase in the market then an experienced trader start selling their coins so both the case are profitable for a trader.
A professional trader will not buy any thing when the market has started bullish trend. Of course, they only increase more capital into crypto when they know its value can increases more as their prediction.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:37:16 PM

For me i like to buy more crypto especially when i know if it will gonna drop or gonna rise, it's really the best if you know all the patterns (will take you ahwile because there are so much patterns).
I think this entire thing you get to know with experience. Most the new traders get panic at the time when they see prices going down instead of cashing that opportunity. I think that time is the best time to make a wise decision of earning as many Bitcoins as you can. All you need is to remain patient.

Being a good trader price fall and price up both are the best opportunity for trader. Because whenever the price fall in the market then an experienced trader start investing and getting coins more and more coins and when a price increase in the market then an experienced trader start selling their coins so both the case are profitable for a trader.
A professional trader will not buy any thing when the market has started bullish trend. Of course, they only increase more capital into crypto when they know its value can increases more as their prediction.
Professional traders would really be different into those amateurs since they do already know on how the market behaves and what would be the possible moves on any kind of situation.It is really an easy thing to say buy low sell high but doing this thing is really he hardest part.This is why this thing do really require experience and knowledge.
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

If you bought bitcoin and some altcoins last 2015 maybe you made a huge profit by now.  But you cannot dwell on that and you have to move forward.
If the altcoins are falling you can buy and hold.  If it rise you can hold the half and you can trade the other half, you can do day trade or trade it and buy a different altcoin that you believe there would be a future potential.  The trick there is increasing the coins you have.   

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:19:38 PM

Best way for me is to stand by and await what is next by constantly reading papers concerning the economy today. Do not be puzzled nor lose faith in it. That is how it goes. It is just a matter of time till the next phenomena comes by wherein prices escalate. This reminds me of how a seesaw is played -- sometimes it is balanced, sometimes it is on your side, and sometimes it is on the other side. Perhaps it is a cycle.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:27:28 PM

It depends on the situation, but often I prefer to hold my coins.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:33:13 PM

I see altcoins dumps as a new opportunity to buy those coins at a very reducted price, it is amazing, but this is how it works, and maybe this another kind of "martingale" but if you take care of it, and if you manage your loses well, then you will be able to make a huge profit once that those coins recover.
So i only buy when prices are going down, no more.

Hello
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:54:49 PM

In my personal thinking I believe it's good to keep hold of the coin when the price continues to drop in value. At some point surely the price increases, only very few assets never pump back providing the opportunity to sell and make a bigger earning. One such that happened in the recent days is the octonox.
And for few assets that won't get pumped back, they are usually rare as they are either going out of the market totally or they never even had any support at all. So many of those shitcoins are there and once in a while one might be lucky to see them get pumped. Most times rather than loosing and as long as the coin still have some prospects, it is better to hold.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:23:46 PM

Currently, I recommend that you sell all altcoin to BTC and limit trade at this time because there will definitely be a terrible sale on the 25th day and everyone will be in the fire. Hold BTC is the safest way at this time
Who knows, for example right now prices are also low for amost all altcoins, so maybe it is even better to hold alts at the moment, rather than bitcoin, because price of bitcoin will drop after fork will be done Smiley Mostly the same thing will happen as with Bitcoin fork in August.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

MyCryptoProject

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:30:33 PM

Bear with it till it bottoms out then buy more

www.mycryptoproject.com

same with btc,, wait for a big drop before buying in,, people buy in when they see its risen loads and they wonder why they lose,, they join at its peak as it looks good for it then to drop before wanting to climb past the price people originally buy at.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:56:19 PM

You need to wait patiently while the price is falling because it will increase as soon as possible. At the same time you need to buy some coin because that will be your biggest opportunity to hold some of the coins that has great potential in the coming future. While waiting of price you have to calm your self , take a rest make some of things that make you out of your emotions.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:04:45 AM

You need to wait patiently while the price is falling because it will increase as soon as possible. At the same time you need to buy some coin because that will be your biggest opportunity to hold some of the coins that has great potential in the coming future. While waiting of price you have to calm your self , take a rest make some of things that make you out of your emotions.
When price falls don't panic, panic causes more lose. Believe that you chose the right alt to hold. I prefer holding now since most of my alt were in dips but it's fine, sincw those project were still in development process once its done then it will really be for best.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
stunvn

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:58:58 AM

BTC goes up, alts go down.
BTC crash, alt crash
choirunn

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:31:17 AM

when the bitcoin price falls I can only wait and expect the price to go up again, because if it is sold I will incur losses, but I believe that bitcoin price keeps rising more expensive, because of the market demand and the limited supply will cause bitcoin price more expensive.
nano77

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:21:10 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

I think what to do when the price goes down is holding back until the price goes back up and is profitable, do not panic patiently and wait, if you have money can buy bitcoin at the time the price goes down
suzanne5223

Activity: 2576
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:33:38 AM

Who knows, for example right now prices are also low for amost all altcoins, so maybe it is even better to hold alts at the moment, rather than bitcoin, because price of bitcoin will drop after fork will be done Smiley Mostly the same thing will happen as with Bitcoin fork in August.
You're right and you're also wrong because you're right when you said the price of bitcoin will slightly drop after the fork which will give another chance for quick but the price of altcoin will some drop either. However, we both know that bitcoin always know the way to pump up, isn't it? So why panic?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: