Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:04:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17266 times)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

If bitcoin die I dont think altcoins die. Yes some altcoins for sure die because it deoends ti the bitcoin price but they have altcoins deoends to the dollars price and for sure it will still a live what ever happens in bitcoin. But as of now bitcoin will not die and it will live in the online world in the next few years and bitcoin will become more powerful and popular so the price will continue to increase.
sangster

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:38:24 PM

Bitcoin dies does not mean that the blockchain technology will die. We are living in the technology 4.0 and therefore, new technologies are invented everyday. And as you can see, altcoins are the result of many people and inventors. They are even better than bitcoin. Therefore, altcoins will not die in this case. Bitcoin death will eventually make altcoins greater

carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:41:59 PM

If bitcoin die I dont think altcoins die. Yes some altcoins for sure die because it deoends ti the bitcoin price but they have altcoins deoends to the dollars price and for sure it will still a live what ever happens in bitcoin. But as of now bitcoin will not die and it will live in the online world in the next few years and bitcoin will become more powerful and popular so the price will continue to increase.
but i do not think that bitcoin will ever die. i am sure that bitcoin will remain as for ever, and all the other altcoin will work with the coordination of bitcoin. although altcoins have no concern with bitcoin but still people use altcoin for investment and trading while bitcoin is the basic currency where people put their assets as safe and the main place to use it form here for different purposes.
Moht

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:44:44 PM

Bitcoin dies does not mean that the blockchain technology will die. We are living in the technology 4.0 and therefore, new technologies are invented everyday. And as you can see, altcoins are the result of many people and inventors. They are even better than bitcoin. Therefore, altcoins will not die in this case. Bitcoin death will eventually make altcoins greater

If the powers that be have accumulated enough bitcoin... it will remain king.... unless Amazon decides to buy up an alternative payment coin on the sly and offer payments with this digital currency!

By learning history, we realize we don't learn from history.

-Philosoraptor
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:47:34 PM

I think that altcoins can survive without bitcoin.
They can be traded against each other, so from a technical point of view bitcoin is not necessary.
Of course the end of bitcoin would shake the altcoin market dramatically as well, and it would take years to regain the trust of investors.
But I do not think that the fate of bitcoin and the altcoin market is inextricably connected.
The same applies the other way round by the way. Bitcoin can survive without altcoins as well.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:01:18 PM

I don't think that any of the altcoins can survive without the existence of Bitcoin. Even now, almost 90% of the altcoin trade volumes are against the BTC. And their exchange rates are also normally quoted with respect to Bitcoin. IMO, the only altcoins which are having a chance to survive without the existence of Bitcoin are Monero and Byteball.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

If the Number 1 goes down then the Number 2 goes up to Number 1. It is as simple as that. Though altcoins are to be exchanged to Bitcoin now, if ever Bitcoin dies then the exchange will just jump to alts to new Number 1 coin. It is not that altcoins are completely dependent on Bitcoin.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:36:01 PM

It may affect the market if this happens but my answer is no, many of you will disagree with me but the fact is if bitcoin dies or crash then altcoins will not die rather the altcoins will have more chances to rise. In a particular scenario if bitcoin dies due to a ban on cryptcocurrencies all over the world then surely every altcoin will also die.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:00:04 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

IF Bitcoin dies, then an altcoin will definitely get the abandoned slot. That is how things work. Bitcoin have competing or rival coins. Though Bitcoin is the dominant one, if it dies, the second to it will likely get the spot. The exchanges follows after this. They will replace the exchange rates to the new King of cryptocurrency.

DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:20:52 PM

If I would explain it as simple as it should be then it will just go like this.

Bitcoin and these Altcoins are all cryptocurrencies that coexists and have so much competitions in them by means of its values. Its just that Bitcoin have been the first and most likely had to be at the number one spot and all.

If I would compare it to Fiats, Bitcoin will be Dollars and Altcoins will the rest of those fiats. So almost all of other fiats are being compared to dollars since it is at the number one spot and has the highest value (even Bitcoin). Even if dollars did fall down other currencies will still exist because their existence does not depend on the dollars.

So even if Bitcoin does die (even if its impossible), Altcoins will still exist like so.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:29:59 PM

if what you say happens, I think it will be replaced with another coin.
because all are cycles and regenerate.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:46:19 PM

to be honest I dunno, this topic is not such a simple point because this includes all the user in the crypto world. first of all, i can hardly imagine that Bitcoin will die and if it really happened most of the users will instantly leave the crypto world and only some survivors will switch to altcoins(i am one of them).most users are actually here to make money nowadays but I joined this system only because I loved its concept, I will be still connected to the network if I am not being paid and I know many more users will do that same.
CataloniaFM

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

Earlier, when bitcoin fell, alternative coins became more expensive. This is due to the fact that the price is shown in relation to bitcoin. But now I see a completely different trend. If bitcoin falls, then all coins drop even more

Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:57:21 PM

I agree, if Bitcoin dies, more than 80% of the altcoins will be gone, too. There might be some survivors though. Just look at the altcoin development, when Bitcoin was down back in 2015. Of course, it depends on the reason why bitcoin "dies".

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:10:26 PM

If bitcoin die I bet the people behind the altcoins will find a way to make their coins still exist. They will compete to gain more popularity by utilizing the existing situation. There will be another solution to make cryptocurrency exist even though bitcoin die.

AdamCooper

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:29:50 PM

If bitcoin died, I think before its death everyone will have already switched to another currency, either Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin. On the other hand, it may destroy confidence in all crypto currencies altogether and see a switch back to fiat.

Everyday I'm HODLing.
Proteania Dev

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:31:14 PM

Bitcoin is the reserved currency of the crypto world . We better pray it does not die.
assyla

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Bitcoin and Altcoin are different to each in which they may not also affect each other. But somehow if the cause of this issue is widely they can be erased or die in Virtual World. Hence, if the cause is just a little if Bitcoin die, Altcoin will not and vice versa.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1351

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:43:42 PM

If bitcoin died, I think before its death everyone will have already switched to another currency, either Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin. On the other hand, it may destroy confidence in all crypto currencies altogether and see a switch back to fiat.

I guess that's the most probable outcome. A cryptocurrency can't die in a day or a week, it would be a slow process extended over the course of months. People would slowly abandon bitcoin and move their money elsewhere, most likely to other more promising coin projects. In the end bitcoin would still be trading at something like 1% of its curent price, because i doubt it would ever be completely abandoned, and a new king would have take its place.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
QHoster.com

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 08:47:01 PM

Bitcoin is old but there are new realities and, no the alcoins will not die. At least the top 10 ones Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: