Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 594

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:50:30 PM

I dont think so, but it will definitely affect hugely on the altcoin market. Bitcoin is huge market now and lots of people are here because of it. People buy bitcoin first in order to buy altcoins. So it will affect hugely and cant imagine such a scenario.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

it seems unlikely to me. many cryptocurrencies are quite independent without bitcoin.
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:35:27 PM

This is my view.
First it is hard for me to believe that bitcoin may die.
Probably it would only decrease in value but will not really die or be out of the cryptocurrency.  And one of possible reason is when people change their preference to bitcoin and decided to invest on different altcoins,  therefore when this happens altcoins will prosper instead of dying.  And i believe this is very possible that one day there may be other altcoin in their that may take the lead position in cryptocurrency.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:52:07 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

As i am checking the market graph in coinmarket. When bitcoin price goes down also some of altcoins in top 100 also goes down,same graph with the btc. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins, some of them are dependent to bitcoins.
If bitcoin will die now, i consider etherium to be next on top to be our main crypto currency to use.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:58:37 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

As i am checking the market graph in coinmarket. When bitcoin price goes down also some of altcoins in top 100 also goes down,same graph with the btc. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins, some of them are dependent to bitcoins.
If bitcoin will die now, i consider etherium to be next on top to be our main crypto currency to use.
It's because ethereum following the price trend of bitcoin, and while many coin use ethereum smart contract and tend to follow the price of ethereum. that's really a normal thing even though some coin thats not ethereum based still get affected by the price trend of bitcoin, cant resist that bitcoin is still mother of cryptocurrencies

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:05:06 PM

lol if anything to die, it will be the altcoins, the bitcoin will be the last one to die.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 12:20:00 AM

Bitcoin is not directly related to the altcoyne. This means that if bitcoin ceases to exist this does not mean that the altcoyins cease to exist automatically, and vice versa. However, they are types of digital currency and therefore are largely related. As a rule, a decrease in the rate of bitcoin leads to a decrease in the rate of altcoyins.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

If bitcoin should die, then I see a lot of deaths following the death or let's say mass death because even currently when bitcoin witness a crash its just by default that other coins witness the same thing with some even taking percentage hit more than bitcoin itself so imagine if bitcoin then "dies", it simply means no other coins would have survived the whole show. I just imagine its a particular coin going through what btc is going through now?
Yes if bitcoin dies the altcoin will die indeed the concept of cryptocurrency will die. Because bitcoin is the trend setter it gave people a lot if it will be no more than there will be no crypto currency and no one will invest the new coin all have believe in it and this believe will make it live.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:06:12 PM

First of all Here we have the surity that bitcoin can never be die because it is our basic need and as a main priority for the trading at every exchange we can see So why it will. Go die until we use it.
If still. You have dream that bitcoin get down then you should be sure that no one coin can take place then bitcoin cash like coin, because people have trust with the bitcoin and bitcoin related official coins.
Here all. Types of negative chances are not going to be true because everyone knows that what the bitcoin is in reality and what will happen in the bitcoin market if bitcoin will get crashed. Here we can see directly that bitcoin getting up but at the same time to complete the demand of the bitcoin people sold their altcoins, so we can understand well that what is the value of the bitcoin we have in our life of cryptocurency field.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:22:58 PM

Both will not die because it make competition it's make market better and more viable and interesting it allow to avoid stagnation (  I mean the dead season ). For me it's much more  huge level of  volatility is better  then when it's always stable like coma. My opinion is as I say all currency will be on aboard and make good atmosphere in general.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:55:09 PM

It does and not only a small fall in price it falls straight 20% i always enjoy trading and then one fine day some news shows up and then price falls again and altcoins crash i hope in future altcoins have no connection with bitcoin it causes lot of losses for me
THErapist

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:50:08 AM

i dont think so, i dont know if bitcoin will die in the future, but i think its not. because bitcoin is money, money is all we need, and we use money in everything we do in life. so without bitcoin how are we supposed to do transactions online? aside from credit cards.

There is a chance that it could happen but the question itself is so impossible. Bitcoin can't die because it is a decentralized cryptocurrency, it may be devalued in the near future but will never die like what you are thinking, so as long as there are investors and buyers, cryptocurrency will never die.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:19:38 AM

I don't agree with this. bitcoin is one kind currency if bitcoin die however new coin stay hear. so if bitcoin die however not die other.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
ltcatcher88

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:31:19 AM

There is a strong possibilty for altcoins to lose their so-called "real value". Beacuse bitcoins are scary for the financial sector and goverment,i dont think, that anything but implementation of light banning phase in some countries will be enough to "murder" bitcoin system in other countries too.
BillCoin

Merit: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:28:26 PM

I dont think so, but it will definitely affect hugely on the altcoin market. Bitcoin is huge market now and lots of people are here because of it. People buy bitcoin first in order to buy altcoins. So it will affect hugely and cant imagine such a scenario.

Ofcourse it is going to affect the altcoin market.
But I am pretty sure that OP refers to the technical aspect.
The only way altcoins are connected with bitcoins is that most of them are being traded against the bitcoin at most of the exchanges, and not against the USD, so yeah, if bitcoin dies we will need to find an alternative for altcoins trading.
rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:40:26 PM

maybe just affect to another cryptos and don't make them die, altcoin still in their side even without bitcoin
abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:43:53 PM

Bitcoins are a virtual form of money protected by unbreakable cryptography. This attribute makes it a secure way to store wealth but also creates the risk that when Bitcoin owners die, their digital fortune will be out of reach forever. That’s a major problem for the relatives of tech-savvy individuals who have invested in a market currently worth about $70 billion.
rumexx

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:45:54 PM

Surely if BTC dies other altcoins will be severely affected. BTC is like the mother coin while the other altcoins are her children.
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:52:14 PM

I never thought a bitcoin would die that fast and I would not know what would happen to its future but I hope the bitcoin will live forever.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:52:30 PM

Both will not die because it make competition it's make market better and more viable and interesting it allow to avoid stagnation (  I mean the dead season ). For me it's much more  huge level of  volatility is better  then when it's always stable like coma. My opinion is as I say all currency will be on aboard and make good atmosphere in general.
I think no, we all assume that bitcoin is the most perfect coin, but I believe someday or near this there will be better coins than bitcoin so if the bitcoin die altcoin can still survive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: