Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:12:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
Adbitco

Activity: 1470
Merit: 675

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:41:34 PM

I think if there's ever going to happen anything like that then it's going to be the death of all cryptocurrencies not just bitcoin and that may happen when cryptocurrencies are banned everywhere in the world otherwise I don't see any reason of bitcoins dying any time soon in the future. Altcoins do die after some time even today when their market value reaches zero but bitcoin has always been there since it's birth and it's value has grown exponentially.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

since altcoin has its reference to bitcoin i think it has a great effect on altcoins if it extincts. however some coins have more features than bitcoin. e.g ethereum. it may not die.

tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:12:29 AM

It depends on the reason why bitcoin die. Bitcoin invented blockchain technology and cryptocurrency (BTC) is recorded on blockchain. Cryptocurrency may die if global governments regulate and ban it. If so, bitcoin and alt coins may all die.

In my opinion, blockchain technology will not die. It will evolve/improve over time and we will see more and more usages of blockchain technology. Alt coins evolve and improve blockchain technology, if bitcoin cannot keep up with the improvement and die.  Some alt coins will take bitcoin's leader position.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:07:35 PM

If bitcoin dies because of regulations than I  can see some government issued alt surpass it, they just need regulations and a big bank on their side.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:17:32 PM

By dying, you can mean that eradicating of bitcoin through banning in the internet, then altcoins can "die" as well. If you mean that dying as in it's value drastically dropped because people uses other altcoins or people are tired of bitcoin, the some or an altcoin might rise up and be the next "bitcoin" and rule the crypto world.

Shendelzare

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

If bitcoin dies because of regulations than I  can see some government issued alt surpass it, they just need regulations and a big bank on their side.
Well even if there are so many regulations about Bitcoin, it will still not die. I mean It is a very successful Cryptocurrency. And to the fact that it is decentralized, so that the government can't touch these coins.

And whenever that happens, it is true that Altcoins will take over.
rjcnzy

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:28:21 PM

Yes if bitcoin dies the altcoin will die indeed the concept of cryptocurrency will die. Because bitcoin is the trend setter it gave people a lot if it will be no more than there will be no crypto currency and no one will invest the new coin all have believe in it and this believe will make it live. Lips sealed
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:33:13 PM

By dying, you can mean that eradicating of bitcoin through banning in the internet, then altcoins can "die" as well. If you mean that dying as in it's value drastically dropped because people uses other altcoins or people are tired of bitcoin, the some or an altcoin might rise up and be the next "bitcoin" and rule the crypto world.
I doubt this will ever happen. Just look at the second most popular coin(Ethereum currently) and look at the difference in value between them. The possibility of a coin surpassing the king of crypto is bleak according to me. Bitcoin is the true leader of the crypto world.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:02:46 PM

It's really hard to tell. Why would Bitcoin die anyway? We are working on solutions that will speed up Bitcoin in the future. Unfortunately, many hard forks occur because of this. That may kill Bitcoin someday. Right now, the price of altcoins mostly depend on Bitcoin. When there is an upcoming hard fork or Bitcoin price decreases then altcoins value is also decreasing.
Even Bitcoin has increased, the price of altcoins still decreasing and there is no altcoin can against this scenario.
You have to know the Bitcoin community are killing the altcoin community.
I think this is a part of the scenario from the whales and want to make the mentality of trader become bad more until they accept sell their altcoin with bottom price and go out this market.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:22:39 PM

It's really hard to tell. Why would Bitcoin die anyway? We are working on solutions that will speed up Bitcoin in the future. Unfortunately, many hard forks occur because of this. That may kill Bitcoin someday. Right now, the price of altcoins mostly depend on Bitcoin. When there is an upcoming hard fork or Bitcoin price decreases then altcoins value is also decreasing.
Even Bitcoin has increased, the price of altcoins still decreasing and there is no altcoin can against this scenario.
You have to know the Bitcoin community are killing the altcoin community.
I think this is a part of the scenario from the whales and want to make the mentality of trader become bad more until they accept sell their altcoin with bottom price and go out this market.
I liked your point of view, this become clear, bitcoin holders want it to eat the crypto market cap, in every hard fork, bitcoin dominance reach its highest level, then it drops back again.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

Yes if bitcoin dies the altcoin will die indeed the concept of cryptocurrency will die. Because bitcoin is the trend setter it gave people a lot if it will be no more than there will be no crypto currency and no one will invest the new coin all have believe in it and this believe will make it live. Lips sealed
Although it is very much difficult to say that if bitcoin will ever die. Because bitcoin is now becoming more and more stronger from time to time. But if unfortunately anything happen like that, then surely all altcoin coins will die, because bitcoin is the kind of all altcoins and it is not possible that without bitcoin any other currency will survive.
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:23:38 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
I think, if Bitcoin will die, the opposite will happen to altcoin. One good example is what we are seeing at this moment wherein Bitcoin's value is decreasing down to 5600 from 6000$ while Etherium is increasing and reaching a market value of 300$. Simply, the demand that Bitcoin is having will be moved to altcoins if ever it will die.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:27:12 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
I think, if Bitcoin will die, the opposite will happen to altcoin. One good example is what we are seeing at this moment wherein Bitcoin's value is decreasing down to 5600 from 6000$ while Etherium is increasing and reaching a market value of 300$. Simply, the demand that Bitcoin is having will be moved to altcoins if ever it will die.
Ethereum and other altcoins gaining its value again because the snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain have taken and the BTG have been distributed, stop spreading false bullshit that if bitcoin gets dumped
altcoin will go to the moon.
The existence of bitcoin is also become the way for many people to buy altcoins because none of or rarely exchangers accepting trade from local fiat to altcoins
rohn

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:31:45 PM

Comparing to human body, bitcoin is the brain in the system and all altcoins are the other parts of the body. Considering that the brain dies, the other system will not function and later on will die also. When bitcoin is banned globally, altcoins will follow and cryptocurrency will be lost.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:51:29 PM

When we think about it, true that most altcoins their base is btc. But to think bitcoins death is just close to impossible. Altcoin on the other hand might die along with it, which makes both impossible.

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:56:31 PM

Ofcourse because we all know that bitcoin is like the father of the altcoins because some of altcoins doesn't cash out or let's just say most of it are need to be convert to bitcoins so that they can use it in some transactions. So I think if bitcoin dies, altcoins will die too because they are both connected to each other.

decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:00:25 AM

Yes because they are somehow have relations to each other. Altcoins convert to bitcoin in order fpr it to be used and able to process in some transactions. And of course altcoins depend on the bitcoin. If bitcoin didn't somehow good as well as the altcoins. So I think of the bitcoin die altcoins will somehow left and nothing to do with it so it will be die too.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:45:27 AM

There is a slim chance that altcoin will survive if bitcoin dies. It will just depend on the reason.

If people just got tired on investing bitcoin (which i do not think will happen) and prefer ethereum instead then altcoins are good.

If the reason ia governments will ban bitcoin or crypto currency then of course all coins will die.
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:45:43 AM

I think its almost imposible that bitcoin will dies but we realy dont know if someday that will come if thats will happen there are some coins like eth and other crypto currency will raise and replace the throne of bitcoin bow

helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:47:24 AM

I think not.
Especially if the reason why bitcoin died is because people loses interest on it. Because if this situation does happen then it only means that those people may have shifter their invesments to other altcoins.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: